• Games

From Flipside to All on Saturday, June 18, 2022 15:58:20
    What games are you guys playing these days? I'm still playing Guild Wars 2, though not as much as I used to. I'm to the point I need to acquire end game weapons and armor, which is curbing my enthusiasm. Also playing Star Trek Fleet Command which is a time sucker. Everything on a timer trying to con you into buying speed ups. Still I like flying around and blowing up romulans. And Gems of War is a gem matching game I sink too much time into. Bought Elden Ring but haven't tried in much yet. Did get the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game on the Switch yesterday. Very much like the vintage beat'em ups. Highly recommend. Great if you've got a group./?
  • From Xerxes to Flipside on Saturday, June 18, 2022 18:53:08
    Re: Games
    By: Flipside to All on Sat Jun 18 2022 03:58 pm

into. Bought Elden Ring but haven't tried in much yet. Did get the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game on the Switch yesterday. Very much like the vintage beat'em ups. Highly recommend. Great if you've got a group./?

I've got the new TMNT game on Xbox, going to play it for the first time tonight. Honestly, I haven't played much of anything new lately. I got the new Amiga 500 mini the other day and have been messing with that.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Sysop of Desert Rats Sanctuary --- https://bbs.kn6q.org
  • From Flipside to Xerxes on Sunday, June 19, 2022 16:01:04
    By: Xerxes to Flipside on Sat Jun 18 2022 06:53 pm

into. Bought Elden Ring but haven't tried in much yet. Did get the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game on the Switch yesterday. Very much li the vintage beat'em ups. Highly recommend. Great if you've got a group.

I've got the new TMNT game on Xbox, going to play it for the first time tonight. Honestly, I haven't played much of anything new lately. I got the new Amiga 500 mini the other day and have been messing with that. ---------------------------------------------------------
    I think I saw something about the Amiga mini on the 8-bit guy's youtube channel. Seems like there have been a lot of mini systems coming out lately. I know there was one for the commadore 64 and maybe the Vic 20. Have you ever made it out to the video game museum in Frisco? That place has some cool stuff. Also just found out about another retro arcade in Haltom City called Electric Starship Arcade that I need to check out sometime.
  • From Xerxes to Flipside on Monday, June 20, 2022 01:04:32
    By: Flipside to Xerxes on Sun Jun 19 2022 04:01 pm

into. Bought Elden Ring but haven't tried in much yet. Did get the
    new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game on the Switch yesterday.
    Very much li the vintage beat'em ups. Highly recommend. Great if
    you've got a group.

I've got the new TMNT game on Xbox, going to play it for the first
    time tonight. Honestly, I haven't played much of anything new lately.
    I got the new Amiga 500 mini the other day and have been messing with
    that. ---------------------------------------------------------
    I think I saw something about the Amiga mini on the 8-bit guy's youtube channel. Seems like there have been a lot of mini systems coming out lately. I know there was one for the commadore 64 and maybe the Vic 20. Have you ever made it out to the video game museum in Frisco? That place has some cool stuff. Also just found out about another retro arcade in Haltom City called Electric Starship Arcade that I need to check out sometime.

I think he did do a video review of it. I also bought the Commodore 64 one, but that one I got on clearance somewhere for $20. It's odd to buy them because I can easily play litterally anthing they can with the exact same emulator they are using and not spend any money - and I yet, here I am. I even pre-ordered the Amiga and I never pre-order *anything*. It has pushed the Amiga emulation community forward and actually improved things in general.

I have been to video game museum in Frisco and it definately has cool stuff, although it is very strange to see stuff from when I was a kid in a museum.

The new Free Play in Denton is very good, probably their best one now. I went again today and they had already rotated a new set of games from the last time I was there. I have not been to the Electric Starship, but I definately need to check it out.
  • From Flipside to Xerxes on Monday, June 20, 2022 20:10:34
    By: Xerxes to Flipside on Mon Jun 20 2022 01:04 am

By: Flipside to Xerxes on Sun Jun 19 2022 04:01 pm

into. Bought Elden Ring but haven't tried in much yet. Did get the Fl>> new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game on the Switch yesterday.
    Very much li the vintage beat'em ups. Highly recommend. Great if Fl>> you've got a group.

I've got the new TMNT game on Xbox, going to play it for the first
    time tonight. Honestly, I haven't played much of anything new lately.
    I got the new Amiga 500 mini the other day and have been messing with
    that. ---------------------------------------------------------
    I think I saw something about the Amiga mini on the 8-bit guy's youtube channel. Seems like there have been a lot of mini systems coming out lately. I know there was one for the commadore 64 and maybe the Vic 20. Have you ever made it out to the video game museum in Frisco? That plac has some cool stuff. Also just found out about another retro arcade in Haltom City called Electric Starship Arcade that I need to check out sometime.

I think he did do a video review of it. I also bought the Commodore 64 one, but that one I got on clearance somewhere for $20. It's odd to buy them because I can easily play litterally anthing they can with the exact same emulator they are using and not spend any money - and I yet, here I am. I e pre-ordered the Amiga and I never pre-order *anything*. It has pushed the Amiga emulation community forward and actually improved things in general.

I have been to video game museum in Frisco and it definately has cool stuff, although it is very strange to see stuff from when I was a kid in a museum.

The new Free Play in Denton is very good, probably their best one now. I we again today and they had already rotated a new set of games from the last ti I was there. I have not been to the Electric Starship, but I definately nee to check it out.

Took the kids to Free Play Denton a while back. I thought the place was awesome but I don't think my daughter really appreciated it. My son prefers the one in Arlington. Actually he really likes Round One at Grapevine Mills with all the fancy new games, but there's no accounting for taste.

I need to try the Corky's bar that is near the Mills. They're supposed to have a good selection of old arcade classics and more importantly PINBALL! You pay for a time card either an hour or 4. Don't know if it is a good deal yet, but I'm going to try it one of these days.
  • From Xerxes to Flipside on Tuesday, June 21, 2022 16:51:22
    By: Flipside to Xerxes on Mon Jun 20 2022 08:10 pm

Took the kids to Free Play Denton a while back. I thought the place was awesome but I don't think my daughter really appreciated it. My son prefers the one in Arlington. Actually he really likes Round One at Grapevine Mills with all the fancy new games, but there's no accounting for taste.

I need to try the Corky's bar that is near the Mills. They're supposed to have a good selection of old arcade classics and more importantly PINBALL! You pay for a time card either an hour or 4. Don't know if it is a good deal yet, but I'm going to try it one of these days.

The new Free Play Denton? They moved locations (just down the street) after the owner got in a fight with the landlord during Covid. He owns the building now, and it's easily 4 times the size of the old location, lots of pinball machines. I think it's either close to bigger than the Arlington one now.

Also need to try Corky's bar - it another on the list... ---------------------------------------------------------
  • From Stilgar to Flipside on Monday, July 25, 2022 09:29:23

What games are you guys playing these days? I'm still playing Guild Wars 2, though not as much as I used to. I'm to the point I need to acquire end game

Mostly been replaying old stuff. I finally bowed and downloaded the Epic Games launcher, and this past week-ish I've been replaying Kingdom Hearts, plus now I get to play all the interquel games like 358/2 and Chain of Memories, which I never got to play before. Finished up the first one the other day, am on to Chain now. The "game" on Epic is all six, and it was on sale for $29.99 ..

Also before vacation got a few things off Steam's summer sale, picked up the C&C collection and Heroes 3, and boy those games are exactly what I remember. Tedious, but still somewhat fun!
  • From Flipside to All on Monday, July 25, 2022 21:54:40
    I keep debating on buying games on the Nintendo Switch versus on Steam. Granted I buy way to many things on Steam that I will never play. I have a SteamLink that lets me play Steam stuff in the livingroom with a controller, but games on the Switch work seamlessly and that can't always be said for Steam.

Portal and Portal 2 came out on the Switch the other day and I snapped that up. Love those games. Now I'm debating on getting the Klonoa collection. I know I'm going to get it, but which system? The wife is encouraging me to get that new game Stray where you play as a cat. It does look like fun.
  • From Stilgar to Flipside on Friday, July 29, 2022 14:29:41
    By: Flipside to All on Mon Jul 25 2022 09:54 pm

Difference is, Steam games have mods - Switch games don't. With a limited amount of time to game, I want to make sure I can have the most fun possible :)