• Wasting or money

From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to All on Thursday, December 21, 2023 22:18:06
    US House Rep Elise Stefanik (R-NY) is questioning and criticizing the answers from elite college presidents about their handling of antisemitism on campus.

Harvard College is one of them. Harvard College is a private business; it's not a state school. What business is it of Congress to ask them about how they handle antisemitism on campus? A private business can do whatever the hell they want, as long as it's lawful.

I think people ought to be respectful to one another, and it's not respectful to be antisemitic, but it's legal, isn't it?

Should I ask my US Rep to go to McDonald's and demand them to tell what their policy is on anti-Catholicism on their premises? And if they don't give straight answers, should I expect my Rep to get bitchy about it?

Another freakin ridiculous waste of taxpayer money, is what this is all about.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Friday, December 22, 2023 08:47:07
    Aaron Thomas wrote to All <=-

Another freakin ridiculous waste of taxpayer money, is what this is all about.

If they can't actually do anything, they have to *look* like they are doing something.

... I came, I saw, I confused.
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Friday, December 22, 2023 11:10:40
    Another freakin ridiculous waste of taxpayer money, is what this is a about.

If they can't actually do anything, they have to *look* like they are doing something.

Elise Stefanik is annoying. She's a cute little gal, but she's all smoke and mirrors just like the rest of them. She's a tool that we can use when it comes time for congress to take a vote on something, but not a tool that we can use when we need something beyond that.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Sunday, December 24, 2023 11:48:57
    Re: Wasting or money
    By: Aaron Thomas to All on Thu Dec 21 2023 22:18:06

Harvard College is one of them. Harvard College is a private business; it's a state school. What business is it of Congress to ask them about how they handle antisemitism on campus? A private business can do whatever the hell t want, as long as it's lawful.

I think the issue here is that although Harvard is a private school, they may accept money from the government for certain things. I don't know that they do but I suspect that they do. Not as much as a public school would, but I strongly suspect a lot of those Ivy League schools do get government money.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Sunday, December 24, 2023 21:24:01
    I think the issue here is that although Harvard is a private school,
    they may accept money from the government for certain things. I don't know that they do but I suspect that they do. Not as much as a public school would, but I strongly suspect a lot of those Ivy League schools
    do get government money. --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux

I hope that's not the case, because if it is, then that means that guys like me are paying taxes that are going to schools that taxpayers like me are not allowed to attend (not without a letter of recommendation from elite swine.)

But leave it to the masters of distraction, like Stefanik, to cry about a completely different issue, while voters like me are clueless that Stefanik's been handing the cash over to them for several years already.