• House Speaker Johnson

From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to All on Wednesday, November 01, 2023 08:43:08
    I'm slightly satisfied with the GOP's bill to render $14 billion dollars in aid to Israel, provided that the money isn't borrowed, and that the money comes out of the Inflation Reduction Act's allocated cash.

It sends a message, and I like that message. but even if it got signed by the president, which it won't, it would still mean that the USA is paying for the
    mistakes of other countries, and that's why it's still not a great solution.

If the president vetoes it, which I'm sure he will, then their next proposal should include: Israel becomes the 51st state, or at least Israel becomes a US territory.

Want our money? We want your country. Hand it over and you've got a deal.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Aaron Thomas on Thursday, November 02, 2023 00:26:38
    Hello Aaron,

If the president vetoes it, which I'm sure he will, then their next proposal
    should include: Israel becomes the 51st state, or at least Israel becomes a
    US territory.

Would that include Gaza and the West Bank? Clearly, we can't leave
    them behind. That is why we need a two state solution. One for Arabs,
    and one for Jews. With Christians in the middle. That way, we can
    keep them separated so all can live in peace.

AIPAC wants the best of both worlds. So hand it over, and let them
    keep the land. We get to keep the Arabs.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    Melts in your mouth, not in your hands

--- MesNews/1.08.05.00-gb
    * Origin: news://eljaco.se:4119 (2:203/2)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Lee Lofaso on Wednesday, November 01, 2023 19:38:53
    If the president vetoes it, which I'm sure he will, then their next proposal
    should include: Israel becomes the 51st state, or at least Israel bec a
    US territory.

Would that include Gaza and the West Bank? Clearly, we can't leave
    them behind. That is why we need a two state solution. One for Arabs,
    and one for Jews. With Christians in the middle. That way, we can
    keep them separated so all can live in peace.

Of course it would include the Gaza Strip & the west bank. Biden wants to give them both piles of cash so that they can fight to the death for our entertainment. (Just like those "bum fights" we cused to hear about.)

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Thursday, November 02, 2023 07:19:07
    Aaron Thomas wrote to All <=-

I'm slightly satisfied with the GOP's bill to render $14 billion
    dollars in aid to Israel, provided that the money isn't borrowed, and
    that the money comes out of the Inflation Reduction Act's allocated
    cash.

I'm not satisfied at all with that.

It sends a message, and I like that message. but even if it got signed
    by the president, which it won't, it would still mean that the USA is paying for the mistakes of other countries, and that's why it's still
    not a great solution.

Which is why I don't want it. Too many of our tax dollars are leaving the country to cover up the mistakes of others.

If the president vetoes it, which I'm sure he will,

Well, ya. Ukraine has been a wonderful money-laundering system for the Biden Crime Family. They don't want that cash going to someone who won't play that game.

then their next
    proposal should include: Israel becomes the 51st state, or at least
    Israel becomes a US territory.

Want our money? We want your country. Hand it over and you've got a
    deal.

That's a pretty bad deal. Why would we want Isreal? That would involve us with every tin-pot dictator in the Middle East.

... Your boss is thinking about you.
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Thursday, November 02, 2023 07:49:00
    I'm slightly satisfied with the GOP's bill to render $14 billion
    dollars in aid to Israel, provided that the money isn't borrowed, and that the money comes out of the Inflation Reduction Act's allocated cash.

I'm not satisfied at all with that.

Nor am I. Others are pushing a "4-way" bill that would fund Israel,
    Ukraine, Taiwan, and the border. I would prefer a single bill for the last
    of those 4.

Which is why I don't want it. Too many of our tax dollars are leaving the country to cover up the mistakes of others.

This.

If the president vetoes it, which I'm sure he will,

Well, ya. Ukraine has been a wonderful money-laundering system for the Biden Crime Family. They don't want that cash going to someone who won't play that game.

And this. Biden won't sign anything that doesn't also send money to
    Ukraine.

That's a pretty bad deal. Why would we want Isreal? That would involve us with every tin-pot dictator in the Middle East.

Agreed. We need to become less involved in that area, not more.

* SLMR 2.1a * Welcome to last years meeting of the Procrastinators Club
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Thursday, November 02, 2023 18:00:45
    It sends a message, and I like that message. but even if it got signe by the president, which it won't, it would still mean that the USA is paying for the mistakes of other countries, and that's why it's still not a great solution.

Which is why I don't want it. Too many of our tax dollars are leaving
    the country to cover up the mistakes of others.

You're right. It's not doing any good. It's still another 14 billion dollars borrowed. Israelis will still be sitting ducks after all the money is gone.

I know, but if we're going to pay these expenses then we should get something in return, and we should be running the show.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Friday, November 03, 2023 07:20:58
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Dr. What <=-

I know, but if we're going to pay these expenses then we should get something in return, and we should be running the show.

But why be part of that show at all?

The world should just step back and let Hamas and Isreal duke it out and let the winner take all.

... Explosion at sperm bank. Nurses overcome.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Friday, November 03, 2023 20:01:04
    That's a pretty bad deal. Why would we want Isreal? That would invo us with every tin-pot dictator in the Middle East.

But why be part of that show at all?

The world should just step back and let Hamas and Isreal duke it out and let the winner take all.

You're right, but the media insists that we be conscientious of Israel's woes, and there's nothing we can do to thwart that effort. Therefore, we'd better ask the voters "Wanna pay for other people's mistakes or do you wanna call the shots instead?"

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Saturday, November 04, 2023 12:37:38

You're right, but the media insists that we be conscientious of
    Israel's woes, and there's nothing we can do to thwart that effort. Therefore, we'd better ask the voters "Wanna pay for other people's mistakes or do you wanna call the shots instead?"

What we should be doing it sending a clear message to our so-called "representatives" telling them that we want "none of the above".

We shouldn't be paying for other country's mistakes, and we shouldn't be calling the shots for other countries.

... My other computer is a Commodore 64.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Saturday, November 04, 2023 17:13:57
    You're right, but the media insists that we be conscientious of Israel's woes, and there's nothing we can do to thwart that effort. Therefore, we'd better ask the voters "Wanna pay for other people's mistakes or do you wanna call the shots instead?"

What we should be doing it sending a clear message to our so-called "representatives" telling them that we want "none of the above".

I know that sometimes reps seem "cool" and they sometimes reply with messages that sound like they "know what it's like," but you and I both know that none of them really care what their constituents have to say.

Instead of writing to them about our problems, we should write to whomever is above them (the president or the supreme court probably) and complain about the reps not listening to us.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Sunday, November 05, 2023 07:50:15

I know that sometimes reps seem "cool" and they sometimes reply with messages that sound like they "know what it's like," but you and I both know that none of them really care what their constituents have to say.

Oh, ya. I know that. But they do care about getting re-elected.

Instead of writing to them about our problems, we should write to
    whomever is above them (the president or the supreme court probably)
    and complain about the reps not listening to us.

That's part of the problem today.

There are obviously people "above" the ones in gov't who are telling them what to do. But they are very careful about staying out of the light.

A number of years ago, if you mentioned "Soros", even on Fox News, you got shut down. Today, it's OK. Why? Because old Soros isn't running things anymore. But you rarely ever hear anything about his son.

... Reality is an obstacle to hallucination.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Sunday, November 05, 2023 14:33:28
    Instead of writing to them about our problems, we should write to whomever is above them (the president or the supreme court probably) and complain about the reps not listening to us.

That's part of the problem today.

There are obviously people "above" the ones in gov't who are telling
    them what to do. But they are very careful about staying out of the light.

People like Rona McDaniel come to mind. What a big help she is. She has no ambition whatsoever, unless her ambition is to help Democrats destroy America.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Monday, November 06, 2023 07:52:06

People like Rona McDaniel come to mind. What a big help she is. She has
    no ambition whatsoever, unless her ambition is to help Democrats
    destroy America.

But that's exactly who she is. She's an Elitist plant to purposely hold the Republican party down and make it simply "controlled opposition".

... I don't own any slaves. My wife has one, though.