• #walkaway

From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to IB JOE on Tuesday, September 12, 2023 21:01:00
    There is a movement called #walkaway ... People leaving the Democratic party..
    it's picked up some steam since trumps indictment...

It was also picking up steam before the midterms and was one of the reasons
    a "red wave" was coming... that never came.

---
    * SLMR 2.1a * "When you have a rib-eye steak, you must floss it!"-Homer
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Tuesday, September 12, 2023 21:01:00
    And remember that Hitler and Mussolini admired the Democrats - but thought tha
    they were too extreme in their racism.

I would believe that Mussolini thought that... he also thought Hitler was
    too extreme when it came to the Jews and others... but I think that Hitler shared disdain for other races with the Democrats of the 1920s-40s.

The Italian Fascist party had Jews as members. Italian Jews were not in
    too much trouble except in the parts of Italy that Germany eventually controlled.

---
    * SLMR 2.1a * "I didn't know chicks in videos wore underpants!"- Beavis
  • From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Wednesday, September 13, 2023 09:16:50
    On 12 Sep 2023, Mike Powell said the following...

It was also picking up steam before the midterms and was one of the reasons a "red wave" was coming... that never came.

I'm one of those guys who thinks the elections are rigged.

Sorry, we need to get as handle on our elections... I'm okay with mail in ballots... at your request only... doesn't have to be election 3 months... if your mail in ballot doesn't make it in by election day too bad... Maybe a week of early voting... Thats it...

BTW, I always get a mail in ballot... Florida always asks questions to make sure I am me... and I have to tell them either the last 4 of my social or my Florida State ID #...

Get rid of ballot harvesting and un-manned drop boxes.... BTW if I drop off my ballot personally I had to walk into a building to drop it off and there was a worker right there at the box...

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Confucius say: "Its stuffy inside fortune cookie"

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to IB JOE on Wednesday, September 13, 2023 21:25:00
    Sorry, we need to get as handle on our elections... I'm okay with mail in ball
    s... at your request only... doesn't have to be election 3 months... if your m
    l in ballot doesn't make it in by election day too bad... Maybe a week of earl
    voting... Thats it...

I agree with most of this, to a point. Several years ago (IIRC, 2000), a certain party (who now wants every late ballot counted) tried to disallow
    votes cast by service members because the USPS or APO "messed up" and didn't get the ballots to where they needed to go on time.

Not as sure now but, back then, the military voted heavily Republican.

We get three days of early voting, including a Saturday. I like it because
    it fits in better with my work schedule. That was a Republican SOS that
    came up with that idea.

BTW, I always get a mail in ballot... Florida always asks questions to make s
    e I am me... and I have to tell them either the last 4 of my social or my Flor
    a State ID #...

As it should be.

Get rid of ballot harvesting and un-manned drop boxes.... BTW if I drop off my
    allot personally I had to walk into a building to drop it off and there was a rker right there at the box...

There should never be unmanned drop boxes, but I know many cities/states do have them now.

---
    * SLMR 2.1a * "My eyeballs nearly popped out!"