• Absolute Immunity

From IB Joe@1:342/200 to All on Monday, August 21, 2023 10:11:10
    https://youtu.be/jyuHWZJBjDo

Why is there sooooooooooooo much hate in their hearts that they don't even see what they are doing... These prosecutors soooooooooooo busy wanting to find something to get trump on that they aren't even aware of laws that prevent them from doing what they are doing...

Apparently from a Nixon president the supreme court says Trump has absolute immunity from prosecution even if what he's done was illegal...

I think Trump's team may be able to unravel all of this before too long...

BTW, the end of this video shows a Matt Gaetz's strategy to give Trump congressional immunity...

The plot thickens!!!!

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Intelligence tests are biased toward the literate.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to IB JOE on Tuesday, August 22, 2023 08:24:00
    Why is there sooooooooooooo much hate in their hearts that they don't even see
    hat they are doing... These prosecutors soooooooooooo busy wanting to find som
    hing to get trump on that they aren't even aware of laws that prevent them fro
    doing what they are doing...

Apparently from a Nixon president the supreme court says Trump has absolute im
    nity from prosecution even if what he's done was illegal...

Technically, precident is not law, but it is something that can be used to
    show how courts previously ruled on matters and can be used to support
    current rulings. However, as was the case with Roe v. Wade, it is not as sure-fire as an actual law. Current courts can find flaws in the precident
    and set a new one.

* SLMR 2.1a * To live well, know the difference between good and evil.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Tuesday, August 22, 2023 08:08:22
    On 22 Aug 2023, Mike Powell said the following...

Technically, precident is not law, but it is something that can be used
    to show how courts previously ruled on matters and can be used to support current rulings. However, as was the case with Roe v. Wade, it is not as sure-fire as an actual law. Current courts can find flaws in the precident and set a new one.

I'm just astonished on all the novel legal ideas to indict Trump when past president shows we should be going in a different direction. From what I've been seeing/reading while investigating this... Some of these things might not see the light of day before election day... ie the document case... Plaintiffs are trying to move Georgia case to federal court... arguments seem reasonable for that.... Bla Bla Bla...

I was listening to Senator Cruz the other day about not giving the Democrats a taste of their own medicine when the tables are turned.... I say hell no... give it to them with both barrels. Like the Cold War had mutual destruction this should be the case... We need Republican led counties to start to indict Hillary on Russia collusion... Obama for knowing this and not doing anything about it... Mark Zuckerburg for campaign finance... whatever...

BTW, The one thing you didn't mention about the Nixon president.... It was a Supreme Court Ruling... The democrats goal is to take Trump out of the race... and the appeals courts will over turn this mess after... But the damage will be done by them.

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Electricity is really just organized lightning.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to IB Joe on Wednesday, August 23, 2023 07:20:10
    IB Joe wrote to Mike Powell <=-

I'm just astonished on all the novel legal ideas to indict Trump when
    past president shows we should be going in a different direction. From what I've been seeing/reading while investigating this... Some of
    these things might not see the light of day before election day... ie
    the document case... Plaintiffs are trying to move Georgia case to federal court... arguments seem reasonable for that.... Bla Bla Bla...

If you view the Trump indictments are nothing more than a smear circus designed to interfere with an election, it gets less astonishing.

BTW, The one thing you didn't mention about the Nixon president.... It
    was a Supreme Court Ruling... The democrats goal is to take Trump out
    of the race... and the appeals courts will over turn this mess after... But the damage will be done by them.

Which is obviously the plan. Only it keeps backfiring because Trump's ratings go up with every indictment.

... If things improve with age, I'm nearly MAGNIFICENT!
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Wednesday, August 23, 2023 09:49:09
    On 23 Aug 2023, Ron L. said the following...

If you view the Trump indictments are nothing more than a smear circus designed to interfere with an election, it gets less astonishing.

I think cable news is on it's way out. They are not doing what is/was their intended purpose... to inform the public. I was watching a video this morning on this exact topic... He claimed if Big Pharma wasn't allowed to advertise on cable ~70% of these cable companies would be out of business... and their programming... Fox News et. al..

When people have a few days/weeks to unravel the indictments that prosecutors spent years preparing and they start pointing out MASSIVE flaws in prosecutorial logic... They don't care... if Trump is found guilty on "something" it may take awhile before it's overturned in the appeals court.

like in the document indictment... No mention of the presidential records act mentioned in the indictment... Because its civil not criminal... and now we learn, as a populous that there is a supreme court has already explored presidential immunity with president Nixon...

Georgia case maybe moved to federal court... GOP lead lawmakers in that state are looking to either impeach her, they may not have the votes, or... wait for it... a new Georgia law that allows a special counsel to be put together to take rouge prosecutors out of office...

When the GOP get into power they are obligated to fight back and start prosecuting Democrats from the county level... At lease in this case they won't have to find novel ways to prosecute them... it'll be actual crimes.

Which is obviously the plan. Only it keeps backfiring because Trump's ratings go up with every indictment.

I quoted a part of one of Brother Vaughn's sermons the other day... It spoke volumes to your statement here...

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Tech support is just a busy signal away

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to IB Joe on Thursday, August 24, 2023 08:13:56
    IB Joe wrote to Dr. What <=-

I think cable news is on it's way out. They are not doing what is/was their intended purpose... to inform the public.

It's been that way for a long, long time now. It just got much more appearant with Trump.

I've only watched local news, which isn't 100% trustworthy, but at least it wasn't a constant stream of propaganda. Then the scamdemic hit and there went local news. I don't think we've had our TV on for cable-anything for at least 3 years now.

I figure by the end of the next election cycle, the big media outlets will be merging just to stay alive and many of them will be gone.

In related news, it seems that parents and students are leaving the public school systems in droves - not that you would have heard about that from the Propaganda Ministry. Here in Michigan, only 26% of the people trust the schools. I wonder why. :)

When the GOP get into power they are obligated to fight back and start prosecuting Democrats from the county level... At lease in this case
    they won't have to find novel ways to prosecute them... it'll be actual crimes.

I'm not going to hold my breath about that. Republicans have a very poor track record of holding Democrats accoutable.

... Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to IB JOE on Thursday, August 24, 2023 08:16:00
    I think cable news is on it's way out. They are not doing what is/was their i
    ended purpose... to inform the public. I was watching a video this morning on
    his exact topic... He claimed if Big Pharma wasn't allowed to advertise on cab
    ~70% of these cable companies would be out of business... and their programmi
    ... Fox News et. al..

A lot of the extra hours of local news seems to have a lot more advertising that regular programming. So do the network news shows. I suspect that several of the "local" stations have added more news time, and less
    syndicated programming, in order to sell more ad time.

If the big pharma advertising was removed or reduced, that trend would
    likely also change.

* SLMR 2.1a * Old Moderator: Burned out shell of a computer hobbyist.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Thursday, August 24, 2023 07:55:58
    On 24 Aug 2023, Ron L. said the following...

It's been that way for a long, long time now. It just got much more appearant with Trump.

I've only watched local news, which isn't 100% trustworthy, but at least it wasn't a constant stream of propaganda. Then the scamdemic hit and there went local news. I don't think we've had our TV on for cable-anything for at least 3 years now.

I figure by the end of the next election cycle, the big media outlets
    will be merging just to stay alive and many of them will be gone.

In related news, it seems that parents and students are leaving the
    public school systems in droves - not that you would have heard about
    that from the Propaganda Ministry. Here in Michigan, only 26% of the people trust the schools. I wonder why. :)

I watched Tucker interview Trump on Twitter last night... before the 50 minute segment ended there were 74.1 million viewers. OMG... I just looked and there 182.6 Million views... 9 hours after the interview. I think this is the way things are going. You won't have Big Pharma paying corporate media to fund a narrative..

I'm not going to hold my breath about that. Republicans have a very
    poor track record of holding Democrats accoutable.

This is why Trump needs to get in in 2024... It needs to be a revenge tour for 4 years... then his VP Vivek can continue the America first policies.

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... If you can't make it good, make it LOOK good. -Bill Gates.

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Thursday, August 24, 2023 07:59:06
    On 24 Aug 2023, Mike Powell said the following...

A lot of the extra hours of local news seems to have a lot more advertising that regular programming. So do the network news shows. I suspect that several of the "local" stations have added more news time, and less syndicated programming, in order to sell more ad time.

If the big pharma advertising was removed or reduced, that trend would likely also change.

They need to go back to the time when Big Pharma could not advertise and spread their BS... Things are changing, not sure if cable news will like it...

:)

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... You can learn many things from children... like how much patience you have

• From Ron Lauzon@1:267/150 to Mike Powell on Friday, August 25, 2023 07:57:21
    Mike Powell wrote to IB JOE <=-

A lot of the extra hours of local news seems to have a lot more advertising that regular programming. So do the network news shows. I suspect that several of the "local" stations have added more news time, and less syndicated programming, in order to sell more ad time.

I think back to when newspapers started to go downhill:
    1. Greater "reporting" by big news congolmerates instead of local reporters.
    2. More ads, less content.

Less specialized content meant less viewers (if you could get the same stories why get more than one newspaper?). Less eyeballs means lower ad revenue.

The same thing is happening to local TV channels. It won't be long before some of these stations are done. It wasn't too long ago that one of the stations simply stopped broadcasting their own news - opting to rebroadcast another channel's news - because not enough people were watching their news.

... I don't have a solution but I really admire the problem.

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A48 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: Capital Station BBS * Telnet://csbbs.dyndns.org * (1:267/150)