• Rinos

From Dale Shipp@1:261/1466 to Aaron Thomas on Thursday, August 17, 2023 00:53:02
    On 08-16-23 11:54, Aaron Thomas <=-
    spoke to Ron L. about Re: Enjoy The Trump <=-

That's a good policy but what about RINOs? Do I vote against a
    Republican just because they're a RINO? My US Rep is a certified RINO, and it's going to feel strange to vote against him, but I
    almost have to.

Just what is your definition (or example) of a RINO? IMO, people like
    Majorie Taylor Green are the true RINOs.

Dale Shipp
    fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
    (1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 00:55:18, 17 Aug 2023
    ___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
    * Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:123/525 to Dale Shipp on Thursday, August 17, 2023 08:16:47
    That's a good policy but what about RINOs? Do I vote against a Republican just because they're a RINO? My US Rep is a certified RIN and it's going to feel strange to vote against him, but I
    almost have to.

Just what is your definition (or example) of a RINO? IMO, people like Majorie Taylor Green are the true RINOs.

I understand why you would say that about Marjorie Taylor Green. She's too nutty to be taken seriously, which gives the Republican party a negative image.

But I'm talking about a RINO who actually votes with Democrats on everything, including protecting Adam Schiff from censure and protecting China from tariffs.

I supported this guy blindly because he's a "Republican" but now he can no longer hide his crocodile scales, and he's up for re-election.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/02/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: alcoholidaybbs.com / Est. 1995 / Columbia, SC (1:123/525)
  • From Dale Shipp@1:261/1466 to Aaron Thomas on Friday, August 18, 2023 00:23:00
    On 08-17-23 08:16, Aaron Thomas <=-
    spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Rinos <=-

Just what is your definition (or example) of a RINO? IMO, people like Majorie Taylor Green are the true RINOs.

I understand why you would say that about Marjorie Taylor Green. She's
    too nutty to be taken seriously, which gives the Republican
    party a negative image.

But I'm talking about a RINO who actually votes with
    Democrats on everything, including protecting Adam Schiff
    from censure and protecting China from tariffs.

Is that your Senator? Do you have the complete voting record? Perhaps
    he is voting based on his conscience and not on "party" lines. IMO,
    charging Adam Schiff with censure has no real basis in fact. Also
    tariffs on Chinese goods do little to hurt China and more to hurt the
    American public who buy those goods.

I supported this guy blindly because he's a "Republican"

That was a mistake on your part. I never support a candidate at any
    level because he/she is a "Name your relevant group". I try to look at
    what the candidates stand for and select the one who best fits my
    objectives.

Dale Shipp
    fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
    (1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 00:28:44, 18 Aug 2023
    ___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
    * Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Friday, August 18, 2023 09:10:00
    But I'm talking about a RINO who actually votes with Democrats on everything, cluding protecting Adam Schiff from censure and protecting China from tariffs.

How did he vote on Schiff the second time? A lot of Republicans didn't
    vote for it the first time because they knew the measure would not hold up under constitutional scrutiny. They wanted an altered measure that would stick.

* SLMR 2.1a * Make like a tree and leave.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:123/525 to Dale Shipp on Friday, August 18, 2023 11:42:57
    But I'm talking about a RINO who actually votes with
    Democrats on everything, including protecting Adam Schiff
    from censure and protecting China from tariffs.

Is that your Senator? Do you have the complete voting record? Perhaps he is voting based on his conscience and not on "party" lines. IMO, charging Adam Schiff with censure has no real basis in fact. Also
    tariffs on Chinese goods do little to hurt China and more to hurt the American public who buy those goods.

He's my US district rep. He voted against the will of the people he supposedly "represents."

I understand your point about "don't vote party, vote person," but there are only 2 parties and certain Democrats have caused irreparable damage to the country, and they all back each other up. There's no abstract voting in the Democrat party; they are all on the same page, all day, every day.

When you and Ron say "don't vote party," you guys sound right about that - in an ideal world, reps will do what the majority of their constituents say. But the world's not ideal, and Democrats vote along party lines. They don't have any naysayers; they're all on the same page.

Since we don't live in an "ideal world," I want my party to have the same unity that the Democrat party has. They are destined to fail unless they fight fire with fire.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:123/525 to Mike Powell on Friday, August 18, 2023 16:02:08
    But I'm talking about a RINO who actually votes with Democrats on everyt cluding protecting Adam Schiff from censure and protecting China from tariffs.

How did he vote on Schiff the second time? A lot of Republicans didn't vote for it the first time because they knew the measure would not hold
    up under constitutional scrutiny. They wanted an altered measure that would stick.

I didn't know that they voted on it twice. I have only been able to find info about H.Res.521 which is the one that took place in June.

I get it if they didn't want to go through with something that wouldn't hold up, but then why didn't they do it right the first time around? They all can share the blame for that.

What's the status of the 2nd vote on censuring the pencil neck?