• Recent Abc Poll

From MIKE POWELL@1:2320/105 to ALAN IANSON on Wednesday, June 14, 2023 17:24:00
    | > So there is some overlap of "should have been indicted but it is also
    | > politically motivated" in there somewhere.
    |
    | I read this earlier today. There is a very high number of republican voters
    | that think it is politiacally motivated.
    |
    | That's because this is what they talk about in their right wing bubble.

But if you looked at the numbers, it is impossible for all of those who
    believe it is politically motivated to be Republicans. There has to be
    some overlap between "believe he should be charged" and "believe it is politically motivated."

There are also 45% of Independents who responded that he should be charged, which means there are 55% that believe otherwise (shouldn't or not sure).

##Mmr 2.61(beta). !link AI 6-12-23 15:45
    ---
    * BgNet 1.0b12 = moe's tavern * 1-502-875-8938 * moetiki.ddns.net:27
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Alan Ianson@1:153/757 to MIKE POWELL on Wednesday, June 14, 2023 23:46:58
    But if you looked at the numbers, it is impossible for all of those who believe it is politically motivated to be Republicans. There has to be
    some overlap between "believe he should be charged" and "believe it is politically motivated."

It was largely republicans.

This narrative of "it is politically motivated" is repeated by republicans.

Even after he was arrested Donald Trump is still free to do as he pleases. He can travel where he wants whenever he wants.

I don't think others charged under the espionage act got that sort of freedom while their trial was underway.

The investigation and charge of Donald Trump was not politically motivated.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to ALAN IANSON on Thursday, June 15, 2023 14:58:00
    But if you looked at the numbers, it is impossible for all of those who believe it is politically motivated to be Republicans. There has to be some overlap between "believe he should be charged" and "believe it is politically motivated."

And Independents, or did you not read those numbers?

Even after he was arrested Donald Trump is still free to do as he pleases. He n travel where he wants whenever he wants.

I don't think others charged under the espionage act got that sort of freedom ile their trial was underway.

I think that might depend on the charges and whether or not they could post bail.

I believe it was both warranted (if he did what they claim) and politically motivated. Otherwise, we'd have several former US Presidents and other officials charged.

* SLMR 2.1a * On a clear disk you can seek forever
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Alan Ianson@1:153/757 to Mike Powell on Thursday, June 15, 2023 14:08:52

And Independents, or did you not read those numbers?

It was largely republicans, as I said.

Even after he was arrested Donald Trump is still free to do as he pleases. He >> n travel where he wants whenever he wants.

I don't think others charged under the espionage act got that sort of freedom >> ile their trial was underway.

I think that might depend on the charges and whether or not they could post bail.

Remember the young man who was recently arrested over classified documents?

Jack Douglas Tashera is in jail awaiting trial.

I believe it was both warranted (if he did what they claim) and politically motivated. Otherwise, we'd have several former US Presidents and other officials charged.

If it was politically motivated by the DOJ they would have asked that Trump be held in jail or be fitted with an ankle bracelet and told to stay home without internet access.

All the above would be reasonable considering the charges but the DOJ did not ask for any conditions.

It was/is not politically motivated.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)