• Bud Light and Target

From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to IB JOE on Monday, June 12, 2023 17:03:00
    I think the tides are changing... Bud Light & Target boycotts are affecting things long-term. People are speaking up and it shows.

Last I heard/read about these two... it sounds like Bud Light learned their lesson at least somewhat (they got rid of the person who offended their existing customers by calling then "fratish," etc.), but it sound like
    Target may double-down.

* SLMR 2.1a * Keep your stick on the ice
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Monday, June 12, 2023 18:14:39
    On 12 Jun 2023, Mike Powell said the following...

Last I heard/read about these two... it sounds like Bud Light learned their lesson at least somewhat (they got rid of the person who offended their existing customers by calling then "fratish," etc.), but it sound like Target may double-down.

I think companies should just sell their products and keep out of culture wars... just sell beer to anyone who wants to drink it.

Recent history the Coka-Cola company sent out a memo to their staff asking their white staff to try and be less white... IRONY alert... Dr. John Smith Pemberton, the creator of Coka-Cola served in the Confederate army. With that kind of history... Coka-Cola should be paying reparations...

I haven't drank Coke since that memo!!!

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of Joe's BBS
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... A truly wise man never argues with a Unicorn

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)