• GOP House

From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to All on Monday, November 21, 2022 05:48:44
    What will we achieve with the new GOP house?

I heard some talk about "origins of covid-19" and "hunter biden's laptop becomes a real thing" as possible endeavors for the new (potentially) McCarthy-led house.

I can't wait. Time for some justice!

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: CompuBBS | Ashburn VA | cfbbs.scinet-ftn.org (1:275/99)
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Monday, November 21, 2022 09:34:28
    Aaron Thomas wrote to All <=-

I heard some talk about "origins of covid-19" and "hunter biden's
    laptop becomes a real thing" as possible endeavors for the new (potentially) McCarthy-led house.

I'm hopeful, but, realistically, probably nothing will happen.

It will probably just be a big circus with nothing changing.

... Just got a new car for my wife... Great trade...
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Monday, November 21, 2022 16:43:00
    I heard some talk about "origins of covid-19" and "hunter biden's laptop becomes a real thing" as possible endeavors for the new (potentially) McCarthy-led house.

Hunter's laptop is a real thing. What exactly is on it is what is in
    question.

So far they are angry because the new leadership is going to strip some D's
    of their committee memberships. Too bad that example was set by a very,
    very recent D leader of the same chamber. Otherwise, they might really
    have something to be upset about.

* SLMR 2.1a * "My eyeballs nearly popped out!"
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Ron L. on Monday, November 21, 2022 15:45:50

I'm hopeful, but, realistically, probably nothing will happen.

It will probably just be a big circus with nothing changing.

We deserve better than a circus, but I'll take it. It will still feel great to see Biden sweating and angrily responding to questions about "allegations of corruption." He'll likely over-react in self-defense and might accidentally incriminate himself.

All that, and more, if Republicans have any balls. Let's see what kind of "Day 1 Guy" Kevin Mccarthy is!

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Tuesday, November 22, 2022 07:23:41
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Dr. What <=-

All that, and more, if Republicans have any balls. Let's see what kind
    of "Day 1 Guy" Kevin Mccarthy is!

I think that's what will be more useful out of this:
    Highlighting the RINOs that have escaped notice thus far.

... Insomnia isn't anything to lose sleep over.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Mike Powell on Tuesday, November 22, 2022 00:27:07
    So far they are angry because the new leadership is going to strip some D's of their committee memberships. Too bad that example was set by a very, very recent D leader of the same chamber. Otherwise, they might really have something to be upset about.

"No extremists on committees" sounds familiar, and rules are rules. Rule #1: house leader shall decide what "extremist" means. ;)

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Tuesday, November 22, 2022 16:37:00
    So far they are angry because the new leadership is going to strip some D's of their committee memberships. Too bad that example was set by a very, very recent D leader of the same chamber. Otherwise, they might really have something to be upset about.

"No extremists on committees" sounds familiar, and rules are rules. Rule #1: house leader shall decide what "extremist" means. ;)

Ooooops. :)

Meanwhile, another oooops.... apparently the Paul Pelosi attacker was a
    member of the California Green Party (despite being a non-resident) and,
    per his girlfriend, was known to attend environmental and "nudist" protests.

Doesn't sound too MAGA to me.

* SLMR 2.1a * "You've stolen my soul!" - Granpa Simpson
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Ron L. on Wednesday, November 23, 2022 00:43:48
    All that, and more, if Republicans have any balls. Let's see what kin of "Day 1 Guy" Kevin Mccarthy is!

I think that's what will be more useful out of this:
    Highlighting the RINOs that have escaped notice thus far.

I hope Mccarthy's not one of them. His tough tone might be acting skills.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Mike Powell on Wednesday, November 23, 2022 01:12:14
    Meanwhile, another oooops.... apparently the Paul Pelosi attacker was a member of the California Green Party (despite being a non-resident) and, per his girlfriend, was known to attend environmental and "nudist" protests.

No, it's too late. NBC already has me convinced that the guy was a die-hard Trump supporter who would "kill a thousand Democrats if he had enough hammers." ;)

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Wednesday, November 23, 2022 16:44:00
    Meanwhile, another oooops.... apparently the Paul Pelosi attacker was a member of the California Green Party (despite being a non-resident) and, per his girlfriend, was known to attend environmental and "nudist" protests.

No, it's too late. NBC already has me convinced that the guy was a die-hard Trump supporter who would "kill a thousand Democrats if he had enough hammers.
    ;)

In other news, the Colorado Springs night club attacker is a member of the "non-binary" community. At least, that is what his lawyers are claiming.
    Their pronouns are "They/Them" and they want to be referred to as "Mx."
    instead of "Mr." I am not sure how you pronounce "Mx."

So much for the news reports that they were likely going to be charged with
    a hate crime since they were, you know, most likely a conservative. A hate crime angle would be more interesting now for sure.

The news likes to make such assumptions because that draws eyes and gets
    people upset, etc., but those kind of crimes are very often disgruntled employees (see the Wal-Mart shooting from yesterday), ex-employees, a
    spurned love interest, roberies gone wrong, or someone else with ties to the establishment or someone working/partying there.

* SLMR 2.1a * A nudist wedding makes the best man easy to identify.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Mike Powell on Thursday, November 24, 2022 00:12:29
    In other news, the Colorado Springs night club attacker is a member of
    the "non-binary" community. At least, that is what his lawyers are claiming. Their pronouns are "They/Them" and they want to be referred to as "Mx." instead of "Mr." I am not sure how you pronounce "Mx."

That explains why the media likes the Idaho story better than the Colorado
    one; they're trying to bury the inconvenient story with a convenient one.

So much for the news reports that they were likely going to be charged with a hate crime since they were, you know, most likely a conservative.
    A hate crime angle would be more interesting now for sure.

The media can convince idiots of anything, so the truth isn't relevant.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Thursday, November 24, 2022 08:05:43
    Mike Powell wrote to AARON THOMAS <=-

In other news, the Colorado Springs night club attacker is a member of
    the "non-binary" community. At least, that is what his lawyers are claiming. Their pronouns are "They/Them" and they want to be referred
    to as "Mx." instead of "Mr." I am not sure how you pronounce "Mx."

I think it's promounced "Mix" as in "I'm all mixed up."

So much for the news reports that they were likely going to be charged with a hate crime since they were, you know, most likely a
    conservative. A hate crime angle would be more interesting now for
    sure.

It's amazing how quiet the media became about this when their Narrative fell apart. Sort of like the Pelosi's husband story. If anyone remembers that.

The news likes to make such assumptions because that draws eyes and
    gets people upset, etc., but those kind of crimes are very often disgruntled employees (see the Wal-Mart shooting from yesterday), ex-employees, a spurned love interest, roberies gone wrong, or someone else with ties to the establishment or someone working/partying there.

I'm reminded of history class when they talked about the time of Yellow Journalism. Backlash from that created trustworthy news sources that existed for quite some time - until the Elitists subverted and ruined them.

... "640K ought to be enough for anybody." (Bill Gates, 1981)

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Saturday, November 26, 2022 14:08:00
    I'm reminded of history class when they talked about the time of Yellow Journalism. Backlash from that created trustworthy news sources that existed for quite some time - until the Elitists subverted and ruined them.

+ The Internet. They think the way to compete with that is to produce
    crap rather than a trustworthy alternative. Some of our local news sources here have turned away from that and gone back to the trustworthy angle.

* SLMR 2.1a * Usually a man with flowers has deflowering in mind...
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Gregory Deyss@1:267/150 to Aaron Thomas on Sunday, November 27, 2022 10:38:00
    On 21 Nov 2022, Aaron Thomas said the following...

Waiting for the that also, I would be nice to see a snap back to reality.
    I would also like to see the smugness being wiped off the face of Secretary Mayorkas, I am tired of his "do nothing" approach and analogies that he has provided, they are nearly identical to a "word salad" than actual real solutions.

.≈______ ┌───┐ ┌─────────┐ ┌────────┐ ╔═════════╗ ┌───────────────┐
    _[]_││──││ │HUB│ │ Fidonet │ │FSX Net│ ║T R U M P║ │Another Message│
    { NET 267 │ │800│ │1:267/150│ │21:1/127│ ║ 2 0 2 4 ║ │ by Gregory │
    / 00────00'┘¿└0─0┘¿└─00───00─┘¿└─00──00─┘¿╚═00════00╝¿└──00────────00─┘

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: Capital Station BBS * Telnet://csbbs.dyndns.org * (1:267/150)
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Sunday, November 27, 2022 14:50:48
    Mike Powell wrote to Dr. What <=-

+ The Internet. They think the way to compete with that is to produce crap rather than a trustworthy alternative.

But I think that was a short-term solution for them.

The Internet did mess up things like newspapers because they took what papers made money on and offered it for free. But that's a normal part of business.

The move to Yellow Journalism should have been something that they knew to stay away from.

Some of our local news
    sources here have turned away from that and gone back to the
    trustworthy angle.

I used to think that. But then the scamdemic hit and those local "news" sources just quoted the propaganda. They may have changed, but I'll never trust (or watch) them again.

... Never trust a person who says, "Trust Me"....

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Gregory Deyss on Sunday, November 27, 2022 17:07:09
    Waiting for the that also, I would be nice to see a snap back to reality. I would also like to see the smugness being wiped off the face of Secretary Mayorkas, I am tired of his "do nothing" approach and
    analogies that he has provided, they are nearly identical to a "word

Congress has a resolution to impeach Mayorkas, and they can investigate him
    all they want, but it's not going to change Biden's immigration policies.

The whole "Mayorkas" thing is a distraction. Removing Mayorkas from his
    post (switching monkeys) won't stop the immigration problem.

The brains of the Biden Regime would apporeciate a Mayorkas removal, because
    it would take focus off Biden's failed policies and shine a light on idiot Mayorkas (the fall guy.) It's chump change. We need the whole regime brought
    to justice.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Sunday, November 27, 2022 17:58:00
    The Internet did mess up things like newspapers because they took what papers made money on and offered it for free. But that's a normal part of
    usiness.

The move to Yellow Journalism should have been something that they knew to
    ta
    away from.

Indeed it should have. We learned about Yellow Journalism in history class (multiple years). You would think a journalist would have heard about it
    at least once in journalism school.

* SLMR 2.1a * You radiate cold shafts of broken glass!
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux