• Forward Party

From MATT MUNSON@1:218/109 to All on Sunday, August 14, 2022 07:27:29
    I am thinking about re-registering as part of the Forward Party. As a secular moderate, I find the California Republican Party too corporatist and I find the Republican grassroots too intolerant. California has a weird ethos like Vermont, Massacussetts, Hawaii and the state Democrats are just insane.

... What was the best thing before sliced bread?

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Inland Utopia Mail Center (1:218/109)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to MATT MUNSON on Monday, August 15, 2022 03:42:07
    I am thinking about re-registering as part of the Forward Party. As a secular moderate, I find the California Republican Party too corporatist and I find the Republican grassroots too intolerant. California has a weird ethos like Vermont, Massacussetts, Hawaii and the state Democrats are just insane.

I don't blame you. Never trust Larry Elder ever again, and never trust your state's GOP. My state's GOP sucks also.

Change your registration if you want, but I don't think it will do any good.
    If the CA GOP had any sense, your change of party would serve as a reminder to them about how bad they suck, and it's good to tell them how bad they suck,
    but the problem is that you will no longer be able to help in the fight against RINOs from the GOP.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: CompuBBS | Ashburn VA | cfbbs.scinet-ftn.org (1:275/99)
  • From Matthew Munson@1:218/109 to Aaron Thomas on Monday, August 15, 2022 10:47:53
    I am too right winged to be a Democrat. Most non straight people say peoplelike me should not be Republicans, but I am fighting against the fundamentalistwho do not want people like me in the Republican Party. I was a state partydelegate from 2015-2022. There are not many Republicans in California, andtelling people like me I should not have a voice in the Republican Party likethe wackos in the Texas party is very counterproductive. We have to share theRepublican Party.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Win32
    * Origin: inland utopia bbs * ontario, california (1:218/109)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to MATTHEW MUNSON on Monday, August 15, 2022 16:28:00
    I am too right winged to be a Democrat. Most non straight people say peoplelik
    me should not be Republicans, but I am fighting against the fundamentalistwho
    not want people like me in the Republican Party.

Fighting them from within is probably more likely to bring about change
    than trying to fight them from the opposite side.

I was a state partydelegate fr
    om 2015-2022. There are not many Republicans in California, andtelling people ke me I should not have a voice in the Republican Party likethe wackos in the xas party is very counterproductive. We have to share theRepublican Party.

I agree, that is counterproductive, even if the Republican party is the majority in the state.

* SLMR 2.1a * You radiate cold shafts of broken glass!
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to MATT MUNSON on Monday, August 15, 2022 23:56:39
    Hello Matt,

I am thinking about re-registering as part of the Forward Party. As a secular moderate, I find the California Republican Party too corporatist and I find the Republican grassroots too intolerant. California has a weird
    ethos like Vermont, Massacussetts, Hawaii and the state Democrats are just insane.

You'd better hurry up and make up your mind. Official launch
    date is on September 24, in Houston, Texas. Site of the Astrodome,
    still standing and waiting for a new team to cheer for.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    Stop Workin', Start Jerkin'

--- MesNews/1.08.05.00-gb
    * Origin: news://eljaco.se:4119 (2:203/2)
  • From Matthew Munson@1:218/109 to Mike Powell on Monday, August 15, 2022 16:33:14
    In California we are the minority party. We are like a fifth place baseball team.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Win32
  • From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Matthew Munson on Tuesday, August 16, 2022 09:38:11
    Hello Matthew,

In California we are the minority party. We are like a fifth place baseball
    team.

Should be easy enough to make the team in those parts.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    No justice! No peace!

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Matthew Munson on Tuesday, August 16, 2022 04:57:22
    was a state partydelegate from 2015-2022. There are not many Republicans in California, andtelling people like me I should not have a voice in
    the Republican Party likethe wackos in the Texas party is very counterproductive. We have to share theRepublican Party. --- SBBSecho

Which Texas party do you mean?

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to MATTHEW MUNSON on Tuesday, August 16, 2022 16:21:00
    In California we are the minority party. We are like a fifth place baseball team.

In Kentucky, we used to be. In registrations, we may still be. However,
    the national Democratic platform has moved far enough left that a lot of registered Democrats here apparently cross over or don't vote. They used
    to be guaranteed a vast majority of our national representatives. Now,
    they are only guaranteed one seat... US Representative for Louisville.

This has all changed in the past 30 years.

* SLMR 2.1a * Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air...
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Matthew Munson@1:218/109 to Lee Lofaso on Tuesday, August 16, 2022 10:01:11
    Re: Forward Party
    By: Lee Lofaso to Matthew Munson on Tue Aug 16 2022 09:38 am

Yes, I had an easy time being nominee for state senate twice in 2014 and 2018. 2022 people got angry with the Democrats and I didnt want to jump into the cluster **** of 3 Republicans running for a ballot slot in a heavy Democratic Party district.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Win32
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Matthew Munson on Wednesday, August 17, 2022 02:08:56
    Yes, I had an easy time being nominee for state senate twice in 2014 and 2018. 2022 people got angry with the Democrats and I didnt want to jump into the cluster **** of 3 Republicans running for a ballot slot in a heavy Democratic Party district.

Matthew, you're awesome! Thanks for trying to win those elections!

Why didn't it work out? Are the liberals in your district pleased with all
    this radical Newsome stuff?

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Matthew Munson on Wednesday, August 17, 2022 19:12:06
    Hello Matthew,

Yes, I had an easy time being nominee for state senate twice in 2014 and 2018. 2022 people got angry with the Democrats and I didnt want to jump into the cluster **** of 3 Republicans running for a ballot slot in a heavy
    Democratic Party district.

Sometimes a third party can make sense, and might be the best
    solution. In our early history, the US had a multi-party system,
    not limited to two major parties. This was true up until just
    prior to the Civil War. Although there have been some attempts
    since then to start a major third party, the last successful
    presidential candidate who won any electoral votes was George
    Wallace in 1968.

Richard Nixon was scared to death of Wallace, believing he was
    the most dangerous candidate he could be facing in 1972. In his
    memoirs, Wallace wrote he believed Nixon had put a hit on him
    as he was campaigning for the Democratic nomination, leaving him
    paralyzed.

Had Wallace chosen to be a third party candidate in 1972 he would
    have trounced both Nixon and McGovern. Absolutely no doubt.

On the other hand, he did pave he way for Jimmy Carter ...

For Life,
    Lee

--
    It Ain't Payday If It Ain't Nuts In Your Mouth