• When Black People Get Gun

From MIKE POWELL@1:2320/105 to ALL on Saturday, June 11, 2022 19:47:00
    Joy Behar's Ignorant Claim Laws Will Change 'When Black People Get Guns' #ColionNoir

https://youtu.be/K91qE3DDrws

"On its face, Joy Behar's statement was ambiguously racist!

"But what's ironic is that she doesn't even realize that her statement, if true, is the exact reason why Black people should [...] be exercising
    their second amendment right. [...]

"She is trying to insinuate that conservatives don't want Blacks to have
    guns, but the only people pushing for gun control is the left."

I love the part where he notes that people like Behar (i.e. from the left)
    use racism like a "dog shock collar"... sounds like another way to
    say "dog whistle" to me.

IMHO, he explains the typical left-wing view of Black people quite well;
    That the left believes Black people should fall in line with framing everything through "the lense of racism" and, indeed, treat them like children. "If you don't stop being an independent thinker, the racist boogie-man is gonna get ya!" They only pull the card if it benefits
    their left point of view, and often project their "own inner fear" of
    Black people onto others who don't think like they do.

Sounds pretty racist to me. "Ignorant bigot(s)," indeed.

##Mmr 2.61(beta).
    ---
    * BgNet 1.0b12 = moe's tavern * 1-502-875-8938 * moetiki.ddns.net:27
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to MIKE POWELL on Sunday, June 12, 2022 00:38:50
    On 11 Jun 2022, MIKE POWELL said the following...
    Joy Behar's Ignorant Claim Laws Will Change 'When Black People Get Guns' #ColionNoir
    "On its face, Joy Behar's statement was ambiguously racist!
    "But what's ironic is that she doesn't even realize that her statement,
    if true, is the exact reason why Black people should [...] be exercising their second amendment right. [...]
    "She is trying to insinuate that conservatives don't want Blacks to have guns, but the only people pushing for gun control is the left."
    I love the part where he notes that people like Behar (i.e. from the
    left) use racism like a "dog shock collar"... sounds like another way to say "dog whistle" to me.
    IMHO, he explains the typical left-wing view of Black people quite well; That the left believes Black people should fall in line with framing everything through "the lense of racism" and, indeed, treat them like children. "If you don't stop being an independent thinker, the racist boogie-man is gonna get ya!" They only pull the card if it benefits their left point of view, and often project their "own inner fear" of Black people onto others who don't think like they do.

The part you've left out is that the primary impediment to gun laws changing
    is Republicans.

Gun laws will change when Republicans want them to change, and when too many black people are armed might be that time.

That's not racist; it's an indictment of Republican racism.

And it's not like it doesn't have precedent: Republican icon Ronald Reagan,
    as governor of California, in 1967 signed into law the Mulford Act, which was introduced in response to the Black Panther Party conducting armed patrols of Oakland neighborhoods.

Context is everything.

Jeff.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Cold War Computing BBS (1:387/26)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Sunday, June 12, 2022 10:51:00
    The part you've left out is that the primary impediment to gun laws changing is Republicans.

Gun laws will change when Republicans want them to change, and when too many black people are armed might be that time.

Apparently, Mr. Noir and I both believe that it is their 2A right to be
    armed. No Republican racism there.

And it's not like it doesn't have precedent: Republican icon Ronald Reagan, as governor of California, in 1967 signed into law the Mulford Act, which was introduced in response to the Black Panther Party conducting armed patrols of Oakland neighborhoods.

Context is everything.

You didn't watch it, did you? He covered that. The Mulford Act was in response to multiple groups, including at least one that entered the
    State Capital (sound familiar?!?), and only one of those groups was black.
    The others were white.

Yes, CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING, even more so if you actually pay attention.
    But that is hard to do when you are presented with ideas that contradict
    yours.

* SLMR 2.1a * Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn?
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Sunday, June 12, 2022 11:35:04
    On 12 Jun 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    The part you've left out is that the primary impediment to gun laws chan is Republicans.
    Gun laws will change when Republicans want them to change, and when too black people are armed might be that time.
    Apparently, Mr. Noir and I both believe that it is their 2A right to be armed. No Republican racism there.
    I, too, believe that they have the same right to be armed as anyone else, whatever that right may be.

And it's not like it doesn't have precedent: Republican icon Ronald Reag as governor of California, in 1967 signed into law the Mulford Act, whic introduced in response to the Black Panther Party conducting armed patro Oakland neighborhoods.
    Context is everything.
    You didn't watch it, did you? He covered that. The Mulford Act was in response to multiple groups, including at least one that entered the
    State Capital (sound familiar?!?), and only one of those groups was
    black. The others were white.
    The Mulford Act was in response to the Black Panther Party conducting armed patrols in Oakland neighborhoods (known at the time as "copwatching"). It was very much racially motivated.

Yes, CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING, even more so if you actually pay attention. But that is hard to do when you are presented with ideas that contradict yours.

Indeed. The bill was already written by the time that the Black Panthers marched on the capitol, because the reason that the Black Panthers marched on the capitol was to protest the bill.

https://capitolweekly.net/black-panthers-armed-capitol/

Your source is either confused, ignorant, or deliberately lying.

Jeff.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Cold War Computing BBS (1:387/26)