• HAHA 9-0

From IB Joe@1:342/200 to All on Monday, March 04, 2024 08:31:21
    With the lawfare exploding and the Supreme Court stating, in a 9-0 decision, that Congress and not the States will determine how to enforce the 14th Amendment.

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... There are two types of people; those who finish what they start and

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Monday, March 04, 2024 13:59:11
    With the lawfare exploding and the Supreme Court stating, in a 9-0 decision, that Congress and not the States will determine how to enforce the 14th Amendment.

It's a win for conservatives and for Democrats. Democrats get to say "Trump almost couldn't be on the ballot." That's all they probably intended to get out of it anyway.

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Monday, March 04, 2024 14:06:47
    On 04 Mar 2024, Aaron Thomas said the following...

It's a win for conservatives and for Democrats. Democrats get to say "Trump almost couldn't be on the ballot." That's all they probably intended to get out of it anyway.

They are trying anything...Except for trying to convince people that their policies are better.

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... The seminar on time travel will be held two weeks ago

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Monday, March 04, 2024 14:27:07

They are trying anything...Except for trying to convince people that
    their policies are better.

What do they do with all the money? I'd like to know. They steal and squander record-breaking amounts of it, but they already own the entire media, so what do they do with all the extra money?

It's clear what they want to do with 500 million of Trump's dollars; they want to use it against him politically. But what about all that money they steal from the taxpayers?

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to IB Joe on Tuesday, March 05, 2024 07:36:44
    IB Joe wrote to Aaron Thomas <=-

They are trying anything...Except for trying to convince people that
    their policies are better.

Only the people who suffer from TDS think that Elitist policies work. The vast majority say that we were better off under Trump than the Elitists (I won't say "Biden" because he's just a puppet).

... Don't even TRY to THINK without proper tools.
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Tuesday, March 05, 2024 07:36:44
    Aaron Thomas wrote to IB Joe <=-

What do they do with all the money? I'd like to know. They steal and squander record-breaking amounts of it, but they already own the entire media, so what do they do with all the extra money?

What's this "extra money" you speak of?

Some of it goes to bribes for other countries. Some goes straight into someone's Swiss bank account. Of course 10% for the Big Guy.

All of this is to enrich themselves and their cronies and to make everyone else poorer.

Remember that their ultimate goal is to return to feudal times.

... Don't lend people money. It causes amnesia.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Tuesday, March 05, 2024 06:45:14
    What do they do with all the money? I'd like to know. They steal and squander record-breaking amounts of it, but they already own the enti media, so what do they do with all the extra money?

What's this "extra money" you speak of?

They already own all of the media, so why do they need to raise money for campaigns? Why even donate to a Democrat, when they already own all the advertising they could ever dream of?

Getting your name on a ballot costs time and effort, but I don't believe that it costs money. If an honest Republican raised a million buck, I guess he'd spend it on advertising. So what do Democrats do with their campaign funds since they already own unlimited advertising?

All of this is to enrich themselves and their cronies and to make
    everyone else poorer.

And here is my answer. But then why do idiots keep donating to Democrats then, knowing that they already have enough money to win whichever election they want? It's like their paying them tips.

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Tuesday, March 05, 2024 07:14:26
    On 05 Mar 2024, Ron L. said the following...

Only the people who suffer from TDS think that Elitist policies work.
    The vast majority say that we were better off under Trump than the Elitists (I won't say "Biden" because he's just a puppet).

Yup... 110%

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Real Programmers balance their checkbooks in hex

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Wednesday, March 06, 2024 10:51:48
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Dr. What <=-

They already own all of the media, so why do they need to raise money
    for campaigns? Why even donate to a Democrat, when they already own all the advertising they could ever dream of?

First off, the media is dying and they need to spend money to prop is up. IHMO most media companies would have been out of business by now if it wasn't for the influx of a large amount of dollars from Elitist operatives.

For the Elitists, the whole campaign process is mostly to launder money from one source to another. ex: Facebook wants to bribe a gov't official to do something? All Zuck has to do is "donate" (or get his employees to "donate") to the candidate.

Remember that we are talking about people who view the world as a zero-sum game. If I get something, it's because you lost something. These people are incapable of creating anything - and only know how to destroy.

Getting your name on a ballot costs time and effort, but I don't
    believe that it costs money.

It depends. Many states require you to get enough signatures. Keeps the ballot from having every Tom, Dick and Henry in the state on the ballot. That costs money. Not necessairly a lot, but still...

If an honest Republican raised a million
    buck, I guess he'd spend it on advertising. So what do Democrats do
    with their campaign funds since they already own unlimited advertising?

They funnel it into their own coffers, of course. "We spent $1 million to have these nice signs printed up (at Uncle Pete's print shop and he sent back $500,000 to me)."

And here is my answer. But then why do idiots keep donating to
    Democrats then, knowing that they already have enough money to win whichever election they want? It's like their paying them tips.

The big donors are "in on the scam" or are being blackmailed. The smaller donors are, as you already said, idiots.

To paraphrase P.T. Barnum "There's a Democrat supporter born every minute."

... You look like a million dollars. All in loose change.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Wednesday, March 06, 2024 16:54:50
    They already own all of the media, so why do they need to raise money for campaigns? Why even donate to a Democrat, when they already own a the advertising they could ever dream of?

For the Elitists, the whole campaign process is mostly to launder money from one source to another. ex: Facebook wants to bribe a gov't official to do something? All Zuck has to do is "donate" (or get his employees
    to "donate") to the candidate.

Remember that we are talking about people who view the world as a
    zero-sum game. If I get something, it's because you lost something. These people are incapable of creating anything - and only know how to destroy.

This makes sense. Campaign money is probably the main reason why most people run for office. People should ask them "how you gonna use my donation to get elected?" (They probably have cue cards for that question.)

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Thursday, March 07, 2024 07:12:11

This makes sense. Campaign money is probably the main reason why most people run for office. People should ask them "how you gonna use my donation to get elected?" (They probably have cue cards for that question.)

Probably. Mostly the responses are intended to make the listener's brain shut down because all of the buzzwords so that the listener doesn't realize that the question doesn't get answered.

Or the answer is "We'll use your money to buy TV time, but the guy who didn't ask, we'll use his money for our new Ferrari."

... Windows speed tip: type DEL \WINDOWS\*.*

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Thursday, March 07, 2024 06:47:43

Probably. Mostly the responses are intended to make the listener's
    brain shut down because all of the buzzwords so that the listener
    doesn't realize that the question doesn't get answered.

Nothing is logical anymore. I was just telling my daughter this morning (and she already knows) that the news isn't news anymore, and maybe it was in the old days, but now it's just propaganda.

With that being said, the "logical" expectation of candidates using campaign funds just to promote their own campaign, is outdated.

I read on Fox News (50% chance of being true) that teachers unions have been quietly donating to GOP candidates to control election outcomes. It sounds true, and it makes me wonder if the teachers who pay those union dues are on-board with that.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Friday, March 08, 2024 07:45:57

Nothing is logical anymore. I was just telling my daughter this morning (and she already knows) that the news isn't news anymore, and maybe it
    was in the old days, but now it's just propaganda.

Based on a recent book that I got ("One Idea To Rule Them All"), they've been manipulating the media since WWI. But it's just so overt now that there's no denying it.

I read on Fox News (50% chance of being true) that teachers unions have been quietly donating to GOP candidates to control election outcomes.
    It sounds true, and it makes me wonder if the teachers who pay those
    union dues are on-board with that.

They don't have any say in the matter.

For example, Michigan is not a right to work state. A previous Gov changed that, but the Elitists changed it back. This means that you (sort of) have to be in the union, if your company is unionized.

The "sort of" be in the union is interesting because they can't **force** you to be in a union.

My dad was a teacher for 43 years. Toward the end, he recognized what the union had become and wanted out.

Long story short: the method for doing that was convoluted, only open for a very short window at a time when most teachers are busy. And even after officially leaving, the union still took (some) dues out of your paycheck because "they bargained on your behalf".

The "right to work" that a previous Gov put in place meant you could really leave the union - i.e. they couldn't take anything from your paycheck. So you know why the Elitists had to change that.

... My other computer is a Tandy 1400LT.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Friday, March 08, 2024 19:05:56
    Based on a recent book that I got ("One Idea To Rule Them All"), they've been manipulating the media since WWI. But it's just so overt now that there's no denying it.

I assume that in the old days it was just the news that was used for propaganda. Of course now the narratives are distributed throughout all departments of the media industry, not just the news, and not just the media.

I read on Fox News (50% chance of being true) that teachers unions ha been quietly donating to GOP candidates to control election outcomes. It sounds true, and it makes me wonder if the teachers who pay those union dues are on-board with that.

They don't have any say in the matter.

I know, it's the same here. New York State employees are required to join a union, and they don't have any say in what the money gets used for.

Long story short: the method for doing that was convoluted, only open
    for a very short window at a time when most teachers are busy. And even after officially leaving, the union still took (some) dues out of your paycheck because "they bargained on your behalf".

If you need someone "to bargain on your behalf," that's when you hire an attorney. And despite how evil attorneys are, at least they don't donate to the DNC.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Saturday, March 09, 2024 08:23:46

I assume that in the old days it was just the news that was used for propaganda. Of course now the narratives are distributed throughout all departments of the media industry, not just the news, and not just the media.

Based on the book, that's not a correct assumption. It was just more "soft" and quiet in the past. Today it's overt (mostly because it's not working anymore).

The image from the movie Animal House at the end where the ROTC guys is standing in the panicing crowd yelling "Remain calm! All is well!" and no one is paying any attention to him.

I know, it's the same here. New York State employees are required to
    join a union, and they don't have any say in what the money gets used
    for.

Smells like slavery to me. No wonder the Elitists like it.

If you need someone "to bargain on your behalf," that's when you hire
    an attorney. And despite how evil attorneys are, at least they don't donate to the DNC.

An attourney makes more money when he wins. So it's in his best interest to actual "bargain on your behalf".

Where as the best interest of the unions are the unions - not the rank and file that are claim to represent.

... Compatible: Blows up a little later than Incompatible

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Saturday, March 09, 2024 12:18:39
    Based on the book, that's not a correct assumption. It was just more "soft" and quiet in the past. Today it's overt (mostly because it's not working anymore).

Propagandist tricks probably still work on weak-minded people, but there's a certain population that's getting smarter and not dumber, and that is the population that will save America in November; the strong-minded people.

I know, it's the same here. New York State employees are required to join a union, and they don't have any say in what the money gets used for.

Smells like slavery to me. No wonder the Elitists like it.

There was a time when Democrat-owned slaves were tasked with fighting a war to protect the rights of their Democrat masters to continue owning them. This is similar logic.

An attourney makes more money when he wins. So it's in his best
    interest to actual "bargain on your behalf".

The unions have often stressed that "You can't be fired from your job tomorrow," and I guess that appeals to employees who do nefarious things at work and want to get away with it. They'd rather pay the dues that just do what's right.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Sunday, March 10, 2024 08:47:17

Propagandist tricks probably still work on weak-minded people, but
    there's a certain population that's getting smarter and not dumber, and that is the population that will save America in November; the strong-minded people.

That's my hope.

The unions have often stressed that "You can't be fired from your job tomorrow," and I guess that appeals to employees who do nefarious
    things at work and want to get away with it. They'd rather pay the dues that just do what's right.

In most places, you can't be fired from your job tomorrow, even without a union. There has to be cause and there's a process for that allowing for the employee to defend himself.

But you correct. I've often said that only the bad employees **need** a union.
    Employers don't want to get rid of good employees.

... She said she had nothing to wear. I smiled.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Sunday, March 10, 2024 23:16:35
    The unions have often stressed that "You can't be fired from your job tomorrow," and I guess that appeals to employees who do nefarious things at work and want to get away with it. They'd rather pay the du that just do what's right.

In most places, you can't be fired from your job tomorrow, even without a union. There has to be cause and there's a process for that allowing
    for the employee to defend himself.

That's true. There's no advantage in joining a labor union when we have OSHA, anti-discrimination laws, unemployment insurance, and worker's compensation.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Monday, March 11, 2024 07:19:09

In most places, you can't be fired from your job tomorrow, even without a union. There has to be cause and there's a process for that allowing
    for the employee to defend himself.

That's true. There's no advantage in joining a labor union when we have OSHA, anti-discrimination laws, unemployment insurance, and worker's compensation.

And on top of that is the "good will" that a company needs to have.

The previous place I worked at didn't quite understand that. They would go through hire/layoff cycles and, for the most part, didn't handle it well. They didn't understand that the poor layoffs made it very hard (and very expensive) to get people when they needed to staff up.

... Bank Rule: To get a loan, first prove you don't need it.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Monday, March 11, 2024 18:54:42
    That's true. There's no advantage in joining a labor union when we ha OSHA, anti-discrimination laws, unemployment insurance, and worker's compensation.

And on top of that is the "good will" that a company needs to have.

The previous place I worked at didn't quite understand that. They would go through hire/layoff cycles and, for the most part, didn't handle it well. They didn't understand that the poor layoffs made it very hard
    (and very expensive) to get people when they needed to staff up.

I've been laid off before too, from one of the best jobs I ever had. I found it irritating that they were laying us off due to the company moving our jobs to the Philippines (this was in 2009 while Obama was president.)

What could a union have done to help in that situation? They already "helped" the situation enough by donating to the DNC.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Tuesday, March 12, 2024 07:21:45

What could a union have done to help in that situation? They already "helped" the situation enough by donating to the DNC.

The one that I remember didn't directly impact me, but it showed how little the union cared about the rank and file.

So, in Lake Orion, MI, GM built the most heavily automated assembly plant in history (at that time). The union workers were, of course, up in arms about the "jobs lost" (never mind that the plant just opened and no one had a job to lose). There was going to be a big strike over it. But it was resolved at the last minute.

The resolution: GM said that they would pay the union dues for the robots.

... If I want your opinion I'll beat it out of you!

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Tuesday, March 12, 2024 18:31:45
    So, in Lake Orion, MI, GM built the most heavily automated assembly
    plant in history (at that time). The union workers were, of course, up
    in arms about the "jobs lost" (never mind that the plant just opened and no one had a job to lose). There was going to be a big strike over it. But it was resolved at the last minute.

The resolution: GM said that they would pay the union dues for the
    robots.

That's smart. The robots probably aren't trained to be entitlists.