• Trump misses legal deadline

From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to All on Sunday, February 25, 2024 14:26:17
    Ooops-a-doops!

Trump open to Jan. 6 suits after missing SCOTUS appeal deadline

https://nypost.com/2024/02/19/us-news/trump-open-to-jan-6-suits-after-missing-s cotus-appeal-deadline/

http://tinyurl.com/yxze7vaz

I guess the NY Post is now the "liberal media"?

#
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Mike Powell on Sunday, February 25, 2024 20:45:35

I guess his team has so much appealing to do, they've lost count.

They probably are also busy making all the suckers/followers pay enough to cover the $600M he owes so far in various damages including interest, in order to even make appeals possible.

--
    Conning people is easy. You just need to overcome their intelligence. But convincing people they've been conned is much harder. You need to overcome their pride.

--- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101125
    * Origin: news://eljaco.se:4119 (2:203/2)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Sunday, February 25, 2024 23:13:21
    I guess the NY Post is now the "liberal media"?

They always have been, they're just disguised as conservatives.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Bj∩┐╜rn Felten on Monday, February 26, 2024 08:36:11

I guess his team has so much appealing to do, they've lost count.

They probably are also busy making all the suckers/followers pay enough to cover the $600M he owes so far in various damages including interest, in order to even make appeals possible.

They have been trying to get the RNC to pay for some of it. However, it is clear that campaign donations to his PAC are being used, which means less money for his re-election campaign. So maybe not all a bad thing?

#
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Bjrn Felten@2:203/2 to Mike Powell on Monday, February 26, 2024 16:16:41
    They have been trying to get the RNC to pay for some of it. However, it is
    clear that campaign donations to his PAC are being used, which means
    less money for his re-election campaign.

Yeah, I read about it. It seems like it's even illegal to use money that way?

So maybe not all a bad thing?

Well, it surely looks like he's in deep shit now, so it certainly would be best for the USA (and therefore the rest of the Western world) if he will be the GOP alternative this November. A certain win for democracy in the US.

--
    Conning people is easy. You just need to overcome their intelligence. But convincing people they've been conned is much harder. You need to overcome their pride.

--- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101125
    * Origin: news://eljaco.se:4119 (2:203/2)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Bj∩┐╜rn Felten on Friday, March 01, 2024 18:33:42
    They have been trying to get the RNC to pay for some of it. However, it is
    clear that campaign donations to his PAC are being used, which means less money for his re-election campaign.

Yeah, I read about it. It seems like it's even illegal to use money that way?

Once upon a time, I am sure it was illegal. With things like The Clinton Foundation, I think those waters got a little muddy.

So maybe not all a bad thing?

Well, it surely looks like he's in deep shit now, so it certainly would be best for the USA (and therefore the rest of the Western world) if he will be the GOP alternative this November. A certain win for democracy in the US.

Did you mean to say if there will be a different GOP alternative this November? I don't see how someone winning who is in legal trouble, both real and made-up, would be a "win for democracy" in any country.

$$
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux