• Mind Chips, Fingerprints

From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to All on Wednesday, February 21, 2024 09:19:00
    * Originally in: Dovenet TechTalk

Elon Musk says that the first human to be implanted with Neuralink's
    brain chip has made a full recovery with no ill effects.

From TLDR 2024-02-21

MUSK CLAIMS NEURALINK PATIENT DOING OK WITH IMPLANT, CAN MOVE MOUSE
    WITH BRAIN (5 MINUTE READ) [6]

brain chip has made a full recovery with no ill effects. The patient
    is reportedly able to move a mouse around a computer screen by just
    thinking. Neuralink is working on getting as many button presses on
    the mouse as possible from thinking. The company has been criticized
    for releasing information through Musk as he has a huge financial
    stake in the outcome.

MIND-READING DEVICES ARE REVEALING THE BRAIN'S SECRETS (15 MINUTE READ) [7]

The development of brain-computer interface (BCI) technology has
    allowed scientists to learn lessons about the brain that are
    overturning assumptions about brain anatomy. BCIs allow scientists to
    record single-neuron activity for a lot of brain areas that were
    previously not accessible. They also allow for longer measurements
    compared to classical tools. Advances in artificial intelligence,
    decoding tools, and hardware have propelled the field forward. This
    article discusses some of the findings that BCI technology has
    enabled.

ZUCKERBERG: NEURAL WRISTBAND FOR AR/VR INPUT WILL SHIP "IN THE NEXT
    FEW YEARS" (5 MINUTE READ) [8]

Mark Zuckerberg says that Meta's finger-tracking neural wristband
    will ship as a product in the next few years. The wristband uses a
    technique called electromyography to sense the neural electrical
    signals passing through users' wrists, potentially providing zero or
    even negative latency and perfect accuracy, even in poor lighting
    conditions. The device could enable low-effort precise manipulation in
    any scenario, similar to a computer mouse but more versatile and with
    an extra dimension. Videos of the device are available in the article.

WALMART IS BUYING SMART TV MAKER VIZIO FOR $2.3 BILLION (2 MINUTE READ) [15]

The acquisition will enable a profitable advertising business.

SPAM ATTACK ON TWITTER/X RIVAL MASTODON HIGHLIGHTS `FEDIVERSE'
    VULNERABILITIES (5 MINUTE READ) [17]

Mastodon server administrators have been advised to switch over
    registration to approval mode and block disposable email providers to
    help combat the problem.

YOUR FINGERPRINTS CAN BE RECREATED FROM THE SOUNDS MADE WHEN YOU
    SWIPE ON A TOUCHSCREEN (4 MINUTE READ) [18]

A new side-channel attack can successfully attack up to 27.9% of
    partial fingerprints and 9.3% of complete fingerprints within five
    attempts.

Links:
    ------
    [6] https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2024/02/musk-claims-neuralink-patient-doing-ok-with-implant-can-move-mouse-with-brain/?utm_source=tldrnewsletter

[7]
    ttps://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-024-00481-2?utm_source=tldrnewsletter

[8] https://www.uploadvr.com/zuckerberg-neural-wristband-will-ship-in-the-next-few-years/?utm_source=tldrnewsletter

[15] https://www.engadget.com/walmart-is-buying-smart-tv-maker-vizio-for-23-billion-130725953.html?utm_source=tldrnewsletter

[17] https://techcrunch.com/2024/02/20/spam-attack-on-twitter-x-rival-mastodon-highlights-fediverse-vulnerabilities/?utm_source=tldrnewsletter

[18] https://www.tomshardware.com/tech-industry/cyber-security/your-fingerprints-can-be-recreated-from-the-sounds-made-when-you-swipe-on-a-touchscreen-researchers-new-side-channel-attack-can-reproduce-partial-fingerprints-to-enable-attacks?utm_source=tldrnewsletter

--- https://tldr.tech/tech?ref=6061602

$$
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Wednesday, February 21, 2024 19:27:09
    brain chip has made a full recovery with no ill effects.

Elon Musk is that "big conservative guy" who "is totally on our side."

Yea right. He's totally one of *them* and he's advancing the globalists' agenda bigtime.

It's only a matter of time before we get electric shocks for thinking outside of the box.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Friday, February 23, 2024 18:17:57
    Elon Musk is that "big conservative guy" who "is totally on our side."

Yea right. He's totally one of *them* and he's advancing the globalists' agenda bigtime.

It's only a matter of time before we get electric shocks for thinking outside of the box.

Pretty sure that UMAGAs would love to have as much control over your mind and body as the far-leftists would.

#
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Saturday, February 24, 2024 02:44:10

Pretty sure that UMAGAs would love to have as much control over your
    mind and body as the far-leftists would.

You're probably right, but at least they wouldn't use that control to do evil stuff.

• From Kurt Weiske@1:218/700 to Aaron Thomas on Saturday, February 24, 2024 09:12:00
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Mike Powell <=-

You're probably right, but at least they wouldn't use that control to
    do evil stuff.

Republicans' track record (and things they've like, you know, SAID...)
    would suggest otherwise.

... Canned Air is GLUTEN FREE.
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
    * Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Saturday, February 24, 2024 13:43:41

Pretty sure that UMAGAs would love to have as much control over your mind and body as the far-leftists would.

You're probably right, but at least they wouldn't use that control to do evil stuff.

That is also wrong.

Right now, for example, they want you to believe that no matter what Trump says or does, he cannot do wrong and, if he gets caught saying or doing something wrong, even if it is seen by your own eyes or heard by your own ears, it is "narrative."

That could certainly turn out to be evil.
    #
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Kurt Weiske on Saturday, February 24, 2024 23:39:22

Republicans' track record (and things they've like, you know, SAID...) would suggest otherwise.

Please provide me with the long, long track record of Republicans doing evil things to control the outcome of elections.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Saturday, February 24, 2024 23:45:15
    Pretty sure that UMAGAs would love to have as much control over yo mind and body as the far-leftists would.

You're probably right, but at least they wouldn't use that control to d evil stuff.

That is also wrong.

Right now, for example, they want you to believe that no matter what
    Trump says or does, he cannot do wrong and, if he gets caught saying or doing something wrong, even if it is seen by your own eyes or heard by your own ears, it is "narrative."

Who are "they?" Nobody is putting words in my mouth. I haven't seen Trump do wrong as president. He made me feel safe. I want that sense of security back in my life. I don't like living on the edge.

• From Kurt Weiske@1:218/700 to Aaron Thomas on Sunday, February 25, 2024 09:22:00
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Kurt Weiske <=-

Please provide me with the long, long track record of Republicans doing evil things to control the outcome of elections.

Let me see if I can come up with 11,780 reasons. Wait right there.

... Remove ambiguities and convert to specifics
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
    * Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Sunday, February 25, 2024 13:59:53
    Who are "they?" Nobody is putting words in my mouth. I haven't seen Trump do wrong as president. He made me feel safe. I want that sense of security back in my life. I don't like living on the edge.

As President? Maybe not. Since the 2020 election, if you've not seen anything wrong you've not been paying attention.

My initial feelings re: Jan 6 were that it might not be his fault. As more evidence presents itself, it is obvious that he should be held accountable somehow. Holding a rally in DC on the day of the electoral college certification, at the very least, is proof that he is either an intentional troublemaker or a complete dumbass.

He (on Truth social) and his lawyers (in court) have claimed that the President should have full immunity from prosecution, up to and including killing political rivals. That is absolute BS and should rule him out in the minds of anyone who, well, has a mind.

If a Democrat claimed that, most here would want their heads. But the Trump team's claims are ignored. Instead, they either claim he didn't say that (which makes me curious who they think is behind "his" posts on his own social media platform) OR they claim that he had to say it in order to protect Obama from prosecution.

Now one of his relatives (a daughter or ???) claims that RNC funds can/should be used for his legal defense, something he has eluded to. She says that Republicans won't have a problem with that. This Republican does, but I don't give them money so I probably don't count.

Meanwhile we have a bunch of "Republicans" in Congress whose job it is to do what is best for the country but, instead, are having a collective "hey, Democrats, hold our beers!" competition to see how much they cannot get done in order to affect the outcome of the election.

#

#
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Sunday, February 25, 2024 22:58:08
    wrong as president. He made me feel safe. I want that sense of security in my life. I don't like living on the edge.

As President? Maybe not. Since the 2020 election, if you've not seen anything wrong you've not been paying attention.

My initial feelings re: Jan 6 were that it might not be his fault. As more evidence presents itself, it is obvious that he should be held accountable somehow. Holding a rally in DC on the day of the electoral college certification, at the very least, is proof that he is either an intentional troublemaker or a complete dumbass.

He (on Truth social) and his lawyers (in court) have claimed that the President should have full immunity from prosecution, up to and
    including killing political rivals. That is absolute BS and should rule him out in the minds of anyone who, well, has a mind.

You've given me some valid reasons to believe that Trump isn't perfect. But where I'm coming from, Trump is the only light at the end of the tunnel. Nikki Hailey is the only other candidate who's making any effort, or who is being allowed to make any effort. I give her credit for that. But I don't trust her serve my needs. Trump helped me before, he'll help me again.