• Re: The Border Deal

From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Monday, January 29, 2024 11:58:22
    provided that we (American idiot taxpayers) fund the Ukraine war Bi started.

This is another lie.

I'm not lying on purpose. I'm quoting what I heard on the news.

No. You are quoting what IB Joe told you.

No, it is my own personal belief that Biden is to blame for the Ukraine war.

Russia didn't invade Ukraine until shortly after Biden became president. At the same time, Biden is ripping us off by funding a war against Russia, and at the same time, funding the Ukrainian's government with our money, and paying their retirees their pensions? That is beyond ridiculous.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Monday, January 29, 2024 15:40:27
    provided that we (American idiot taxpayers) fund the Ukraine war Bi started.

This is another lie.

I'm not lying on purpose. I'm quoting what I heard on the news.

No. You are quoting what IB Joe told you.

No, it is my own personal belief that Biden is to blame for the Ukraine war.

Russia didn't invade Ukraine until shortly after Biden became president. At the same time, Biden is ripping us off by funding a war against Russia, and at the same time, funding the Ukrainian's government with our money, and paying their retirees their pensions? That is beyond ridiculous.

But that -- your opinion on whose to blame for the war -- is not what this is about. This was specifically about you telling Al something that Joe told you -- that the bill includes funding for Ukraine.

What Joe doesn't tell you is that the Republicans have to work with the Democrats to fix the border because, without their support they cannot pass anything, regardless of who is President, because they don't have the votes in the Senate. So they have to compromise. They don't want to be run out of their posts like McCarthy was for not getting the deal done.

They have spent too much on Ukraine, yes, but the money this bill will spend should be recovered by the money it should save us on the border issue.

#
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)