• Re: Border: Crisis or not?

From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Monday, January 29, 2024 11:46:44
    What did I miss?

Here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-slams-deal-that-would-give-b authority-to-close-border/ar-BB1hlIPt

Trump said "A bad border deal is worse than no deal." I think it's true. Biden won't do anything about the border unless congress gives him money.

Trump didn't have to beg for money to have the border under control.

Joe has been nothing but bad deals along. It's gonna be a bad border deal, if it does anything short of shutting down the border and deporting approximately 10 million people.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Monday, January 29, 2024 15:34:12
    What did I miss?

Here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-slams-deal-that-would-giv e-b authority-to-close-border/ar-BB1hlIPt

Trump said "A bad border deal is worse than no deal." I think it's true. Biden won't do anything about the border unless congress gives him money.

This would give money to Ukraine, yes. But the money given in this particular deal would be offset by the savings of tightening the border.

And it is not Biden who held out. Republicans allowed the Ukraine money to be added so that *Congressional* Democrats would vote for it. You do know there are not enough Republican Senators to get anything done on their own, right.

Trump didn't have to beg for money to have the border under control.

Trump used an executive order, which was very, very easily rescinded by his successor. This would codify the ability of a President to close the border and would not be as easily rescinded.

You cannot complain about Biden using executive orders one minute and then say it was better that Trump used them vs. having an actual law to back him up.

Joe has been nothing but bad deals along. It's gonna be a bad border deal, if it does anything short of shutting down the border and deporting approximately 10 million people.

That is what the deal is for... giving the President the ability to close the border when the numbers get too high... and you yourself pointed out to Al that Biden says he will use this new power if he gets it.

Not all of Joe's deals have been good, but this is not a bad one when you consider it could save us more money (not spent on illegals) than what it spends on Ukraine.

#
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Monday, January 29, 2024 14:49:53
    Joe has been nothing but bad deals along. It's gonna be a bad border de if it does anything short of shutting down the border and deporting approximately 10 million people.

That is what the deal is for... giving the President the ability to
    close the border when the numbers get too high... and you yourself
    pointed out to Al that Biden says he will use this new power if he gets it.

The president has been clear that he wants high numbers of migrants. I don't trust him to close the border. It's moneygrab 4.0

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)