• Do your part!

From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to PAUL LEE on Wednesday, March 09, 2022 16:35:00
    Yes, I want electrical tech to continue. Yes, I support environmentally friend
    energy. But now is the time for action - BEFORE changes comes that won't be u
    one in our lifetimes.

I also support it but, when it comes to vehicles, the tech is expensive and
    not as reliable.

I suspect that he is doing the part he was elected for... forcing us off of fossil fuels before there is a viable, affordable alternative. Forcing us
    to it before it is affordable will make it automatically obsolete, as it
    will travel.

* SLMR 2.1a * Isn't "shrimp on a Barbie" a little kinky?
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From paul lee@1:105/420 to All on Tuesday, March 08, 2022 17:37:27
    Joe Biden has stopped all import of Russian oil. I drive 1,000+ miles per week, and in a [stupid] extra large SUV none-the-less. As Joe Biden explained to me, today, that we were doing this to put a devastating blow on the Russian invasion of Ukraine - that we would feel the results at the pump and that it would get worse over the next days, weeks and year.

At the end of this he told me that while this would hurt, I need to "Do my part.". Do my f**king part.

Joe Biden, DO YOUR PART.

Allow THE KEYSTONE PIPELINE TO FLOW - that would allow for 800M barrels a day to flow; while we are losing 650M a day that we [used to] buy from Russo.
    Allow oil DRILLING ON FEDERAL LAND; allow our U.S. oilmen TO DIG ANYWHERE THEY CAN across this nation!
    DON'T BEG IRAN DICTATORS that will end up creating more Putin's, solidify your weakness and fund MORE nukes!
    DO sit down with Mexico, Canada and create a plan for NORTH AMERICA.

You want me to do my go**amned part? Heres the deal - DO YOURS.

Yes, I want electrical tech to continue. Yes, I support environmentally friendly energy. But now is the time for action - BEFORE changes comes that won't be undone in our lifetimes.

DO YOUR PART.
    Slava Ukraine.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/24 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: 2o fOr beeRS bbS>>20ForBeers.com:1337 (1:105/420)
  • From Dale Shipp@1:261/1466 to Paul Lee on Wednesday, March 09, 2022 01:15:02
    On 03-08-22 17:37, Paul Lee <=-
    spoke to All about Do your part! <=-

Allow THE KEYSTONE PIPELINE TO FLOW - that would allow for
    800M barrels a day to flow; while we are losing 650M a day
    that we [used to] buy from Russo.
    Allow oil DRILLING ON FEDERAL LAND; allow our U.S. oilmen
    TO DIG ANYWHERE THEY CAN across this nation!

Do you not have any idea why those projects you are touting were
    canceled or blocked?

Dale Shipp
    fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
    (1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 01:17:14, 09 Mar 2022
    ___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
    * Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)
  • From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Dale Shipp on Wednesday, March 09, 2022 12:54:36
    Do you not have any idea why those projects you are touting were
    canceled or blocked?

Russia produces 13% of the world's oil. So you'd expect, in a free market where supply and demand rules were used, that the price of oil would go up 13%, no? Well on February 24 the price of oil (Brent Crude) was $95, today, March 9, it costs $125. That's a 31% increase.

The true fact is, that during the lock-down consumption fell so much, that during a few days, the oil traded at *negative* a few dollars. The reaction from the oil companies was to reduce the supply considerably, so it matched the demand.

But do you for a moment expect that the oil companies opened the valves when consumption started to rise again? Brouhaha... Yeah...

Oh no, why would they say no to this enormous extra profit? If they wanted to, they could easily match supply and demand before and after
    Mad Vlad's criminal action. That would be the decent way to join the rest of the world in their sacrifices to help the Ukrainian people.

Greedy bastards rule the world.

--- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101125
    * Origin: news://eljaco.se:4119 (2:203/2)
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to paul lee on Wednesday, March 09, 2022 08:16:38
    paul lee wrote to All <=-

Joe Biden has stopped all import of Russian oil. I drive 1,000+ miles
    per week, and in a [stupid] extra large SUV none-the-less. As Joe Biden explained to me, today, that we were doing this to put a devastating
    blow on the Russian invasion of Ukraine - that we would feel the
    results at the pump and that it would get worse over the next days,
    weeks and year.

At the end of this he told me that while this would hurt, I need to "Do
    my part.". Do my f**king part.

But he is doing his part. You just don't understand that the Biden Administration is NOT working for you.

This is just a smoke screen for implementing the "Green New Deal" that no one (except the ignorant Lefties) wants.

... I can keep a secret. It's the people I tell that can't
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/09/29 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to paul lee on Wednesday, March 09, 2022 14:33:30
    Joe Biden has stopped all import of Russian oil.

And you know for a fact that it affects you?

USA is a net exporter of energy.

The only Russian oil imported by the USA (less than 3%) is done by a few companies, that obviously got better price deals from Russia than from producers in their own country. Patriotism is so easy to shout out, but when profits are at stake, it's worth absolute shit.

• From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to paul lee on Wednesday, March 09, 2022 15:26:29
    USA is a net exporter of energy.

Maybe I should add, that this is mainly thanks to Elon Musk's relentless struggle to get the world out of this oil dependency.

FYI:

"Someone who is relentless is determined to do something and
    refuses to give up, even if what they are doing to him is
    unpleasant or cruel. Relentless in his pursuit of quality,
    his technical ability is remarkable"

So, while the Dems, including the POTUS himself, corrupted by UAW's generous "donations" for decades, are forbidden to even mention Tesla, the producers of your [stupid] extra large SUV none-the-less (what are you trying to compensate for, BTW?) are praised. Elon Musk is ignored.

Elon Musk, has done more than any other single, private person on the planet, helping Ukraine. If you don't know anything about Starlink (probably never mentioned by the MAGA ass licking Fox News), I recommend you to do a quick search like something like this: "Starlink Ukraine".

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Monday, March 14, 2022 09:29:21
    On 09 Mar 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    Yes, I want electrical tech to continue. Yes, I support environmentally
    friend
    energy. But now is the time for action - BEFORE changes comes that won'
    u
    one in our lifetimes.

I also support it but, when it comes to vehicles, the tech is expensive and not as reliable.

I suspect that he is doing the part he was elected for... forcing us off of fossil fuels before there is a viable, affordable alternative.
    Forcing us to it before it is affordable will make it automatically obsolete, as it will travel.

I'm seeing ads right now on TV for a full-size electric Chevy Silverado that can travel up to 400 miles on a single charge. It's not a concept vehicle;
    they are selling them right now.

Jeff.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Cold War Computing BBS (1:387/26)
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to paul lee on Monday, March 14, 2022 09:32:32
    On 08 Mar 2022, paul lee said the following...
    Joe Biden, DO YOUR PART.

Allow THE KEYSTONE PIPELINE TO FLOW - that would allow for 800M barrels
    a day to flow; while we are losing 650M a day that we [used to] buy from Russo. Allow oil DRILLING ON FEDERAL LAND; allow our U.S. oilmen TO DIG ANYWHERE THEY CAN across this nation!
    DON'T BEG IRAN DICTATORS that will end up creating more Putin's,
    solidify your weakness and fund MORE nukes!
    DO sit down with Mexico, Canada and create a plan for NORTH AMERICA.

That won't solve the problem. For one, it wouldn't be ready in time.

Secondly, have you ever wondered why we both import *and* export oil? You'd think that if we made enough to export some, we'd be energy-independent,
    right? But we're not energy-independent, and we certainly weren't under Trump. We may at times be net-energy-independent, which means we export more than we import, but there's quite a bit more to energy independence than just
    counting barrels of oil.

There are a couple of reasons for this. One is that not all oil is the same. "Sweet crude" is one such type of which you may have heard, "sweet" being an official designation for petroleum with less than 0.5% sulfur content. We have lots of some kinds, and not enough of others, so we trade. And the second is the market. It's counterintuitive, but sometimes it's less expensive to
    import oil than to drill it here. It's not as simple as drill into the ground and get some oil.

The Keystone Pipeline isn't going to do what you think it will.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Monday, March 14, 2022 09:47:43
    On 14 Mar 2022, Jeff Thiele said the following...
    On 09 Mar 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    Yes, I want electrical tech to continue. Yes, I support environment
    friend
    energy. But now is the time for action - BEFORE changes comes that
    u
    one in our lifetimes.

I also support it but, when it comes to vehicles, the tech is expensi and not as reliable.

I suspect that he is doing the part he was elected for... forcing us of fossil fuels before there is a viable, affordable alternative. Forcing us to it before it is affordable will make it automatically obsolete, as it will travel.

I'm seeing ads right now on TV for a full-size electric Chevy Silverado that can travel up to 400 miles on a single charge. It's not a concept vehicle; they are selling them right now.

The first-generation electric Silverados are expected to be in the $105K
    range, a bit hefty I'll admit. However, that's for a limited-edition, all-bells-and-whistles model. Once production ramps up, the prices are
    expected to drop due to both increased production and making more
    stripped-down models available. The basic "Work Truck" electric model (apparently they already have a name for it) is expected to come in at
    $39.9K. The basic gasoline models start at $29.3K, although Crew Cab models start at $35.6K and the bells-and-whistles-laden Silverado High Country
    starts at $53.9K.

Jeff.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Monday, March 14, 2022 18:07:00
    I also support it but, when it comes to vehicles, the tech is expensive and not as reliable.

I suspect that he is doing the part he was elected for... forcing us off of fossil fuels before there is a viable, affordable alternative. Forcing us to it before it is affordable will make it automatically obsolete, as it will travel.

I'm seeing ads right now on TV for a full-size electric Chevy Silverado that can travel up to 400 miles on a single charge. It's not a concept vehicle; they are selling them right now.

Affordable is the key word. The current electric vehicles sell for more
    than the mortgage on my first house. The only people who can currently
    afford one are either rich or don't care about being deeper in debt than I could get out of.

The first-generation electric Silverados are expected to be in the $105K range, a bit hefty I'll admit. However, that's for a limited-edition, all-bells-and-whistles model. Once production ramps up, the prices are expected to drop due to both increased production and making more stripped-down models available. The basic "Work Truck" electric model (apparently they already have a name for it) is expected to come in at $39.9K. The basic gasoline models start at $29.3K, although Crew Cab models start at $35.6K and the bells-and-whistles-laden Silverado High Country starts at $53.9K.

All out of my price range, including the gas model. If I cannot afford
    them, the person who is making less than I am and really needs their car to
    get to their job is going to be SOL in the situation I described.

* SLMR 2.1a * If you stomp gripes, do you get whine?
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Monday, March 14, 2022 18:15:40
    On 14 Mar 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    The first-generation electric Silverados are expected to be in the $105K range, a bit hefty I'll admit. However, that's for a limited-edition, all-bells-and-whistles model. Once production ramps up, the prices are expected to drop due to both increased production and making more stripped-down models available. The basic "Work Truck" electric model (apparently they already have a name for it) is expected to come in at $39.9K. The basic gasoline models start at $29.3K, although Crew Cab mod start at $35.6K and the bells-and-whistles-laden Silverado High Country starts at $53.9K.

All out of my price range, including the gas model. If I cannot afford them, the person who is making less than I am and really needs their car to get to their job is going to be SOL in the situation I described.

Interesting. Because I'm considering buying one of the $39.9K ones, if/when they get to that price, and I'm not rich by any means. Better off than some, definitely, but definitely not in the $400K/year and up range threatened by Biden's tax hikes. I think as more people start buying electric vehicles, the prices will go down. I think they've cracked the reliability problem, though.

Jeff.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Tuesday, March 15, 2022 08:41:14
    Mike Powell wrote to JEFF THIELE <=-

All out of my price range, including the gas model. If I cannot afford them, the person who is making less than I am and really needs their
    car to get to their job is going to be SOL in the situation I
    described.

This is the reality that the Lefties consistently ignore.

Lefties live in a warm state - therefore they think that electric cars will work well everywhere - ignoring that batteries don't work well when it's really cold out.

Lefties live in urban areas, usually with plenty of mass transit - therefore they think that everyone has that so no one "needs" a car. They ignore the fact that the vast majority of the country isn't urban.

Electric cars have been out since the 1800's. If you ever get a chance, go to the Henry Ford in Dearborn, MI. In the summer, they will have some of the old cars out and running, including some electric ones.

And here's the interesting thing: those 1800's electric cars run on modern lead/acid batteries. Battery technology has **not** progressed very far in 200 years.

... Hell hath no fury like the lawyer of woman scorned!

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Ron L. on Tuesday, March 15, 2022 08:33:51
    On 15 Mar 2022, Ron L. said the following...
    All out of my price range, including the gas model. If I cannot affo them, the person who is making less than I am and really needs their car to get to their job is going to be SOL in the situation I described.

This is the reality that the Lefties consistently ignore.

Is it, now?

Lefties live in a warm state - therefore they think that electric cars will work well everywhere - ignoring that batteries don't work well when it's really cold out.

I live in Texas. It's generally warm, but does get quite cold at times.

Lefties live in urban areas, usually with plenty of mass transit - therefore they think that everyone has that so no one "needs" a car.
    They ignore the fact that the vast majority of the country isn't urban.

Again, I live in Texas. Mass transit isn't really a big thing here. The town that I live in doesn't have any.

Electric cars have been out since the 1800's. If you ever get a chance, go to the Henry Ford in Dearborn, MI. In the summer, they will have
    some of the old cars out and running, including some electric ones.

Nice historical viewpoint.

And here's the interesting thing: those 1800's electric cars run on
    modern lead/acid batteries. Battery technology has **not** progressed very far in 200 years.

Lead/acid batteries are used in gasoline-powered vehicles to start the
    engine, etc. Electric vehicles use hydrogen cell batteries, an excellent improvement over the batteries of 200 years ago.

You're making a lot of assumptions based on bad information. Your worldview
    is horribly outdated.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Tuesday, March 15, 2022 10:28:36
    On 15 Mar 2022, Ron L. said the following...
    Electric cars have been out since the 1800's. If you ever get a chance, go to the Henry Ford in Dearborn, MI. In the summer, they will have
    some of the old cars out and running, including some electric ones.

And here's the interesting thing: those 1800's electric cars run on
    modern lead/acid batteries. Battery technology has **not** progressed very far in 200 years.

So... 200-year-old cars run on 200-year-old battery technology. Whoda thunk?!?

Jeff.

• From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Tim Schattkowsky on Tuesday, March 15, 2022 19:59:02
    Actually, most of them run on lithium-ion batteries. Hydrogen cell technologie still is a niche and some keep claiming it already has/will fail. I don't think so, but currently it is insignificant.

Ouch. I'll not quote the rest of all the garbage you parroted from a nearby MAGA news outlet of yours, but rest assured that this entire crap will be forwarded to the R20 sysops, in the unlikely case they missed it, before they tell me how they want me how to vote in the FTSC election.

BTW, FYI, in English proper, it's "cell technology" not -ie.

• From Shaun Buzza@1:229/110 to Björn Felten on Tuesday, March 15, 2022 15:45:44
    Actually, most of them run on lithium-ion batteries. Hydrogen cell technologie still is a niche and some keep claiming it already has/wi fail. I don't think so, but currently it is insignificant.

Ouch. I'll not quote the rest of all the garbage you parroted from a nearby MAGA news outlet of yours, but rest assured that this entire crap will be forwarded to the R20 sysops, in the unlikely case they missed
    it, before they tell me how they want me how to vote in the FTSC
    election.

BTW, FYI, in English proper, it's "cell technology" not -ie.

I was about to go into an exploration of your obvious personal bias against
    Tim in that election, but then I remembered that Fidonet politics are not to
    be discussed in this echo. It behooves you to remind yourself of that as well.

However, if you'd like, I would be happy to discuss this in private. I am not in R20, nor even Z2, though...

Oh, and don't expect anyone to believe that you've never made a typo. If
    you're guilty of this, why would you pick on someone for the same thing?

Have a nice day!

McDoob
    SysOp, PiBBS
    pibbs.sytes.net

* Origin: PiBBS (1:229/110)
  • From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Shaun Buzza on Tuesday, March 15, 2022 21:39:59
    However, if you'd like, I would be happy to discuss this in private. I
    am not in R20, nor even Z2, though...

Well, as I've said many times now, over here in R20 we cherish our freedom of speech (how else can you spot the idiots?) so obviously our sysop echo (R20_ADMIN) is open to everyone interested, no matter from where your input is made.

Oh, and don't expect anyone to believe that you've never made a typo. If you're guilty of this, why would you pick on someone for the same thing?

Of course I make errors. A lots and lots of them. But I'm sure not many typos though. But I expected more from a native speaker than from someone like me with English as my third language (after German and Swedish). But I *did* mention it as a BTW didn't I? Just as an FYI in case it was a systematic error.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Tuesday, March 15, 2022 16:46:00
    Electric cars have been out since the 1800's. If you ever get a chance, go to
    the Henry Ford in Dearborn, MI. In the summer, they will have some of the old
    cars out and running, including some electric ones.

I visited the Studebaker and Auburn-Cord-Dusenburg museums the Summer of
    2019. They had a few of them also. I don't know if they were in running condition or not.

If you are ever in Northern Indiana, and like cars, I would strongly suggest them both. I could have spent all day at the A-C-D museum.

* SLMR 2.1a * To err is human. To forgive is against company policy.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Tuesday, March 15, 2022 16:17:00
    All out of my price range, including the gas model. If I cannot afford them, the person who is making less than I am and really needs their car to get to their job is going to be SOL in the situation I described.

Interesting. Because I'm considering buying one of the $39.9K ones, if/when they get to that price, and I'm not rich by any means. Better off than some, definitely, but definitely not in the $400K/year and up range threatened by Biden's tax hikes. I think as more people start buying electric vehicles, the prices will go down. I think they've cracked the reliability problem, though.

Maybe you are more willing to go into debt to prove a point?

* SLMR 2.1a * Are you pulling my leg! ...nahh, that's just the dog!
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Tuesday, March 15, 2022 16:25:46
    On 15 Mar 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    All out of my price range, including the gas model. If I cannot af them, the person who is making less than I am and really needs thei to get to their job is going to be SOL in the situation I described

Interesting. Because I'm considering buying one of the $39.9K ones, if/w they get to that price, and I'm not rich by any means. Better off than s definitely, but definitely not in the $400K/year and up range threatened Biden's tax hikes. I think as more people start buying electric vehicles prices will go down. I think they've cracked the reliability problem, th

But if I were to buy a gasoline-powered Silverado to replace my aging F150, I would be going into debt to... not prove a point?

Jeff.

• From Shaun Buzza@1:229/110 to Björn Felten on Tuesday, March 15, 2022 17:42:22
    However, if you'd like, I would be happy to discuss this in private. am not in R20, nor even Z2, though...

Well, as I've said many times now, over here in R20 we cherish our freedom of speech (how else can you spot the idiots?) so obviously our sysop echo (R20_ADMIN) is open to everyone interested, no matter from where your input is made.

By 'private', I was implying 'netmail'. But I'm honestly curious, and I'll happily discuss it in any forum where it is appropriate. If that's your
    wish, you can expect me to bring this up in R20_ADMIN as soon as I figure out how. (o_-)

Also, freedom of speech is more than a little important in North America, too. There are certainly web forums that I refuse to visit (or got thrown out of, depending on your POV) because of this very issue.

Of course I make errors. A lots and lots of them. But I'm sure not
    many typos though. But I expected more from a native speaker than from someone like me with English as my third language (after German and Swedish). But I *did* mention it as a BTW didn't I? Just as an FYI in
    case it was a systematic error.

Fair enough. It seemed to me a bit of a hypocritical barb, and I responded with that in mind.

Until next time!

McDoob
    SysOp, PiBBS
    pibbs.sytes.net

* Origin: PiBBS (1:229/110)
  • From Tim Schattkowsky@2:310/31.6 to Björn Felten on Tuesday, March 15, 2022 23:30:51
    //Hello Bjoern,//

on *15.03.22* at *20:39:59* You wrote in Area *POLITICS*
    to *Shaun Buzza* about *"Do your part!"*.

Of course I make errors. A lots and lots of them. But I'm sure not
    many typos though. But I expected more from a native speaker than from someone like me with English as my third language (after German and Swedish).

Apparently, you have no idea who I am. I was born in east germany and learned russian in school. So english is actually my third language. Still, I have forgot almost all of the russian ...

But I did mention it as a BTW didn't I? Just as an FYI in case
    it was a systematic error.

That's why its correctly spelled in the next line ;)

Regards,
    Tim

--- WinPoint 407.0
    * Origin: Original WinPoint Origin! (2:310/31.6)
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Wednesday, March 16, 2022 09:11:54
    Mike Powell wrote to Dr. What <=-

I visited the Studebaker and Auburn-Cord-Dusenburg museums the Summer
    of 2019. They had a few of them also. I don't know if they were in running condition or not.

If you are ever in Northern Indiana, and like cars, I would strongly suggest them both. I could have spent all day at the A-C-D museum.

Sadly, I'll probably never get there. But I'll probably get to the Gilmore Car Museum again. They have a great collection of Auburn, Cord, Dusenberg (and much, much more). Some of them are running around the grounds (depdending).

It's truely amazing how good the engineering was for cars even back then.

... "Ground Beef" -- A Cow With No Legs!

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Wednesday, March 16, 2022 16:47:00

But if I were to buy a gasoline-powered Silverado to replace my aging F150, I would be going into debt to... not prove a point?

If you can afford either, more power to you.

* SLMR 2.1a * Give me chastity and continence, but not just now.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Wednesday, March 16, 2022 17:04:00

Sadly, I'll probably never get there. But I'll probably get to the Gilmore Ca
    Museum again. They have a great collection of Auburn, Cord, Dusenberg (and much, much more). Some of them are running around the grounds (depdending).

It's truely amazing how good the engineering was for cars even back then.

Where is the Gilmore museum?

* SLMR 2.1a * Most political jokes get elected
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Thursday, March 17, 2022 09:16:23
    Mike Powell wrote to Dr. What <=-

Hickory Corners, MI. A little northwest of Battle Creek.

It's literally in the middle of nowhere. Someone had bought an old farm and turned it into a car museum.

There are some really big buildings for the cars, but they also did things like build era-correct gas station, car dealerships, a diner, and office buildings. Their Lincoln building has actual pieces of the original Lincoln building.

... (A)bort, (R)etry, (F)ail, (G)rab_Hammer

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Thursday, March 17, 2022 16:57:00

Hickory Corners, MI. A little northwest of Battle Creek.

It's literally in the middle of nowhere. Someone had bought an old farm and turned it into a car museum.

There are some really big buildings for the cars, but they also did things lik
    build era-correct gas station, car dealerships, a diner, and office buildings.
    Their Lincoln building has actual pieces of the original Lincoln building.

I shall put that on my to-visit list, provided that there comes a time
    where I feel I can afford to travel. :)

* SLMR 2.1a * Directory of Z:\
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Shaun Buzza on Saturday, March 19, 2022 13:34:13
    Hello Shaun,

Not so ironic if they believe that government
    interference wit
    market partially lead to the issue at hand.

Have they any proof of this?

That people *believe* that? I think we've seen that voiced
    here, rig

Without evidence, yes.

Erm....wouldn't the people voicing their belief be *precisely* evidence of that belief?

One does not need evidence of any kind to believe a darned thing.

I believe the Saints will win the Super Bowl is a belief held
    by the entire Who Dat Nation, despite all evidence to the contrary.
    So why should anybody else believe in such an unbelievable fact?

Ohhh. Took me a second to get what you were saying. But...that happens a lot
    in religion, too.

For a long time Saints fans believed in Breesus.
    Now Saints fans have to learn to believe in someone else.
    Such as the Second Coming of another kind of Breesus.

People often act based on beliefs despite any evidence either for or against
    said beliefs.

Breesus took us to the Promised Land and brought home the bacon
    for the Who Dat Nation.

That's the difference between "I believe" and "I know", isn't it?

Thank Breesus, holy be thy name.

--Lee

--
    As good as it looks

--- MesNews/1.08.05.00-gb