• Georgia Notables

From Mike Dippel@3:712/1321.5 to ALL on Wednesday, November 01, 2023 09:46:02
    Every week, members of the world-wide group of genealogists get together to research
    a particular project. This week's project, and my Featured Connections are Georgia
    notables. I am:

20 degrees from Jimmy Carter - 39th President
    of the United States

28 degrees from Charles Douglass - in Macon County; operated the Douglass Theatre.

19 degrees from Walter George - President pro tempore of the US Senate

17 degrees from Joel Harris - wrote novels, narrative histories, translations of French
    folklore, children's literature, and collections of stories depicting rural life in Georgia

19 degrees from Alonzo Herndon - African American millionaire; one of the 29 founders
    of the Niagara Movement.

18 degrees from Crawford Long - He claimed to have been the first doctor to have used
    ether as an anesthetic in surgery

22 degrees from Jefferson Long - a United States congressman from Georgia. He was
    the second African-American sworn into the U.S. House of Representatives and the first
    African-American congressman from Georgia.

18 degrees from William McIntosh - led a group that negotiated and signed a treaty in
    1825 to cede much of remaining Creek lands to the United States in violation of Creek
    law. Because of this, for the first time, the Creek Indian Council ordered that a Creek be
    executed for crimes against the Nation.

18 degrees from Quillian Meaders - an Appalachian folk artist / potter best known for
    face jugs

23 degrees from Jackie Robinson - baseball player for the Brooklyn Dodgers

19 degrees from Samuel Rumph - his work led to Georgia's nickname as the Peach State.

20 degrees from Hedy West - Prize winning Appalachian ballad and folk singer whose
    songs highlighted blue collar mountain workers like farmers and coal miners.

It is always interesting to visit the past to see how we are related to each other. I have
    some ancestors that were black, bank robbers, politicians physicians, detectives, actors,
    comedians. I guess that I am a collection of all of them, as we ALL are. WikiTree.com
    helps me gather this information with their weekly newsletters.

If you would like to find your connections to famous people, you can start by giving me
    some basic information by going to: https://www.hobbyline.com/genealogy_web_design.htm and click on the 'Request Form'
    link.

I have researched the ancestry for many persons interested in their family history.

Mike Dippel

--- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v7.0
    * Origin: The Hobby Line! BBS - hobbylinebbs.com (3:712/1321.5)