• Manhattan Project Team

From Mike Dippel@3:712/1321.5 to ALL on Wednesday, July 26, 2023 13:44:54
    This week's Featured Connections are Manhattan Project members starting with J.
    Robert Oppenheimer, the "father of the atomic bomb" and subject of a new Hollywood
    movie.

Per wikitree.com I am:

21 degrees from J. Robert Oppenheimer

22 degrees from Luis Alvarez - a Danish physicist who received the Nobel Prize in
    Physics in 1922 for his work on atomic structure and quantum mechanics and was a
    member of the Manhattan Project.

Luis Alvarez was notable as a physicist and as an inventor. He won the Nobel Prize for
    Physics in 1968 for a new invention - the Liquid Bubble Chamber which allows scientists
    to take millions of photos of particle interaction during experiments.

23 degrees from Niels Bohr - a Danish physicist who received the Nobel Prize in Physics
    in 1922 for his work on atomic structure and quantum mechanics and was a member of
    the Manhattan Project.

21 degrees from Vannevar Bush - He was head of MIT 1919- 1938, President of the
    Carnegie Institute and headed the Office of Scientific Research and Development and
    National Defense Research Committee which administered the Manhattan Project in
    WWII.

27 degrees from John Cockcroft - British physicist who shared with Ernest Walton the
    Nobel Prize in Physics in 1951 for splitting the atomic nucleus, and was instrumental in
    the development of nuclear power.

19 degrees from James Bryant Conant - He was involved in the administration of the
    Manhattan Project

28 degrees from Albert Einstein

24 degrees from Richard Feynman - Richard Feynman was a theoretical physicist best
    known for his contributions to particle physics, quantum mechanics, Quantum Electrodynamics and superfluidity. He was a joint recipient of the 1965 Nobel Prize in
    Physics.

24 degrees from Isabella Karle - Worked for the Manhattan Project in WWII.

22 degrees from William Knox - William Jacob Knox Jr. was an American chemist . He
    was one of the African American scientists on the Manhattan Project, and the only
    African-American supervisor for the Manhattan Project.

31 degrees from Chien-Shiung Wu - Chinese-American particle and experimental physicist who made significant contributions in the fields of nuclear and particle physics.

It is always interesting to visit the past to see how we are related to each other. I have
    some ancestors that were black, bank robbers, politicians physicians, detectives, actors,
    comedians. I guess that I am a collection of all of them, as we ALL are.

If you would like to find your connections to famous people, you can start by giving me
    some basic information by going to: https://www.hobbyline.com/genealogy_web_design.htm and click on the 'Request Form'
    link.

I have researched the ancestry for many persons interested in their family history.

Mike Dippel
    telnet/http hobbylinebbs.com
    HobbyNet Hub

--- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v7.0
    * Origin: The Hobby Line! BBS - hobbylinebbs.com (3:712/1321.5)