• Favourite shells

From Mewcenary@VERT/EXTRICAT to All on Tuesday, February 08, 2022 14:33:20
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking into customisation now, and so my mind has turned to Shells.

Other than those bundled in, what are ones that you particularly like and recommend?

I found the File area with various Baja mods, but wanted to ask first before going through a lot of trial and error...

Thanks everyone!

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Extricate BBS
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Mewcenary on Tuesday, February 08, 2022 08:43:55
    Re: Favourite shells
    By: Mewcenary to All on Tue Feb 08 2022 02:33 pm

Other than those bundled in, what are ones that you particularly like and recommend?

I found the File area with various Baja mods, but wanted to ask first before going through a lot of trial and error...

My thought has always been it's probably best to make your own, for full customization and so that your BBS looks unique.

Other BBS software would often have a menu editor, where you could customize your menus to your liking and make it your own. Often I like to do things like add a few items to my main menu for things like showing some game stats, running a few popular doors, etc.. I'm not going to get that by using a generic one-size-fits-all shell.

Nightfox

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Mewcenary on Tuesday, February 08, 2022 12:17:39
    Re: Favourite shells
    By: Mewcenary to All on Tue Feb 08 2022 02:33 pm

Hi everyone,

i always recommend to start out using the renegade command shell and change a few things around. then draw your ansi screens. then setup doorgames.
    you now have a functioning bbs.

regarding baja mods and addons. pick what you want.
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Ragnarok@VERT/DOCKSUD to Mewcenary on Tuesday, February 08, 2022 19:40:09
    El 8/2/22 a las 11:33, Mewcenary escribi¢:
    Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone!

---
    ¨ Synchronet ¨ Extricate BBS

I wrote my custom shell based on classic_shell.js it's no very difficult
    make it.

---
    ş Synchronet ş Dock Sud BBS TLD 24 HS - bbs.docksud.com.ar