• Rlogin -d option

From plt@VERT/SBBSVA to All on Tuesday, October 26, 2021 05:20:49
    I was reading the Major BBS Manual and it included in the manual that you can use Synchronet to run doors from Major BBS by calling rlogin ip-address -d game external code.

the -d option is not by passing the login and running the game? Is the -d option still support with Synchronet BBS?

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ FTP Networks, over 170,000 downloadable files & online games --> sbbs.dynu.net 2
  • From Digital Man@VERT to plt on Tuesday, October 26, 2021 13:27:03
    Re: Rlogin -d option
    By: plt to All on Tue Oct 26 2021 05:20 am

I was reading the Major BBS Manual and it included in the manual that you can use Synchronet to run doors from Major BBS by calling rlogin ip-address -d game external code.

the -d option is not by passing the login and running the game? Is the -d option still support with Synchronet BBS?

What does the '-d' option do? This is not a standard (BSD) rlogin option, so I'm not familiar with it.

If 'rlogin -d' is specifying the terminal type, then yes, that should work with Synchronet BBS. See the modopts.ini [logon] rlogin_auto_xtrn setting here:
    http://wiki.synchro.net/module:logon
    --
    digital man

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #10:
    BSO = Binkley Style Outbound
    Norco, CA WX: 67.9°F, 51.0% humidity, 0 mph SSW wind, 0.06 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Tracker1@VERT/TRN to plt on Wednesday, November 03, 2021 12:47:33
    On 10/26/21 02:20, plt wrote:
    I was reading the Major BBS Manual and it included in the manual
    that you can use Synchronet to run doors from Major BBS by calling
    rlogin ip-address -d game external code.

the -d option is not by passing the login and running the game? Is
    the -d option still support with Synchronet BBS?

NOTE: you may want to disable all optional questions for new users on
    the synchronet configuration and make sure it's *ONLY* available to get connections from your MajorBBS if you want to use it as a door server.

If you don't disable the newuser questions, they'll get asked on first connection. Aside, you can see the logic iirc in the exec/logon.js
    script on the synchronet side. If you changed this script you may have inadvertently removed said logic.

As to the -d, that would likely be part of the rlogin process being used
    with mbbs.
    --
    Michael J. Ryan - tracker1@roughneckbbs.com

---
    þ Synchronet þ Roughneck BBS - roughneckbbs.com