• v3.15 to v3.18 clean up

From JohnBWilloughby@VERT to all on Wednesday, March 31, 2021 11:45:27
    Now that I successfully upgraded to v3.18, and have been doing some clean up. I was going in the NODES folders and I have noticed in a few of them a netmail.msg file. some are quite old, and a message I never received.

Is there a setting you can set so that you "must" supply a valid email address when a new user signs up ? Is there any kind of check to see if its a valid email address ?

Is there a setting that will allow you to create a new user from only 1 ip address, meaning that you cant have multiple different accounts from the same IP address.

When someone signs in as guest, looks around and then decides to make a personal account, I see in the notes section of the account "Warming: Same IP address as Guest account", is there a way to suppress that when the new account is created ? I see the reasoning behind putting that there if you see it on several "non-guest" accounts, and that goes to my second questoin above.

If there are setting in the configuration for the first two question, if you could point me to some documentation or where in the configuration is I would appreciate it greatly.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Digital Man@VERT to JohnBWilloughby on Wednesday, March 31, 2021 16:27:37
    Re: v3.15 to v3.18 clean up
    By: JohnBWilloughby to all on Wed Mar 31 2021 11:45 am

Now that I successfully upgraded to v3.18, and have been doing some clean up. I was going in the NODES folders and I have noticed in a few of them a netmail.msg file. some are quite old, and a message I never received.

Is there a setting you can set so that you "must" supply a valid email address when a new user signs up ? Is there any kind of check to see if its a valid email address ?

Yes: https://wiki.synchro.net/module:emailval

Is there a setting that will allow you to create a new user from only 1 ip address, meaning that you cant have multiple different accounts from the same IP address.

There's nothing preventing multiple user accounts to be created from the same IP address.

When someone signs in as guest, looks around and then decides to make a personal account, I see in the notes section of the account "Warming: Same IP address as Guest account", is there a way to suppress that when the new account is created ?

That is a harmless message that only the sysop sees. It does not prevent anything.

I see the reasoning behind putting that there if you
    see it on several "non-guest" accounts, and that goes to my second questoin above.

It is harmless.
    --
    digital man

Rush quote #62:
    He's a restless young romantic, wants to run the big machine .. New World Man Norco, CA WX: 84.8°F, 7.0% humidity, 0 mph WSW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net