• This is probably a dumb question or a mistake on my end.

From WitNik@VERT/BGGRSCYN to All on Monday, December 07, 2020 14:46:05
    Ok, so I've had internet email configured for awhile now and everything is working well, but today I received an external internet email over SMTP and was reading it on my SBBS.

From the reading messages menu, I selected "F" to forward the message with the intent of forwarding it to another internet-based address; however, it only seems to want to accept local BBS user accounts. Is this expected behavior or is there an additional option I need to set to allow received messages to be manually fowarded to interenet addresses?

Thanks,
    -WitNik

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ * Origin: Beggar's Canyon - beggarscyn.com *
  • From Digital Man@VERT to WitNik on Monday, December 07, 2020 16:11:42
    Re: This is probably a dumb question or a mistake on my end.
    By: WitNik to All on Mon Dec 07 2020 02:46 pm

Ok, so I've had internet email configured for awhile now and everything is working well, but today I received an external internet email over SMTP and was reading it on my SBBS.

From the reading messages menu, I selected "F" to forward the message with the intent of forwarding it to another internet-based address; however, it only seems to want to accept local BBS user accounts. Is this expected behavior or is there an additional option I need to set to allow received messages to be manually fowarded to interenet addresses?

No mistake, the 'F'orward feature of the BBS is currently only for local destination mailboxes. :-(

This one shows up in the "todo list" multiple times, e.g. https://gitlab.synchro.net/main/sbbs/-/issues/108
    --
    digital man

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #57:
    PETSCII = PET Standard Code of Information Interchange (a.k.a. CBM ASCII) Norco, CA WX: 69.5°F, 13.0% humidity, 0 mph S wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Nelgin@VERT/EOTLBBS to Digital Man on Monday, December 07, 2020 21:35:19
    Digital wrote:
    By: WitNik to All on Mon Dec 07 2020 02:46 pm

Ok, so I've had internet email configured for awhile now and everything is working well, but today I received an external internet email over SMTP and
    was reading it on my SBBS.

No mistake, the 'F'orward feature of the BBS is currently only for local destination mailboxes. :-(

This one shows up in the "todo list" multiple times, e.g. https://gitlab.synchro.net/main/sbbs/-/issues/108

I will make a plug here for DDMsgReader that does allow you to forward and is nicely configurable. You'll find it in your xtrn directory if you use git.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com
  • From WitNik@VERT/BGGRSCYN to Digital Man on Monday, December 07, 2020 22:01:11
    By: Digital Man to WitNik on Mon Dec 07 2020 04:11 pm

Ok, thank you! No worries!

---
  • From WitNik@VERT/BGGRSCYN to Nelgin on Monday, December 07, 2020 22:02:13
    Re: Re: This is probably a dumb question or a mistake on my end.
    By: Nelgin to Digital Man on Mon Dec 07 2020 09:35 pm

I will make a plug here for DDMsgReader that does allow you to forward and is nicely configurable. You'll find it in your xtrn directory if you use git.

Thanks Nelgin!

---