• lazy-do my work for me

From Fang-Castro@VERT/FTPBBS to All on Wednesday, November 18, 2020 15:32:32
    I've notice by BBS "gets stuck"...

I see in today's callers someone who logged in several days ago when I login to my BBS and the msg echos aren't being processed. Also when connecting instead of the usual instant 'Connected!' it takes a while; maybe 30-45 seconds.

So every once in a while I pkill sbbs and run ./sbbs again. I'm logging into my bbs computer with ssh from my desktop. Closing my open ssh connection after running ./sbbs isn't a problem is it? The BBS will run fine for a while then go back to doing this.

Anyway I just wanted to post this if anyone had the same issue ever... in the mean time if I can get away from Rimworld and smoking weed I'll start some detective work =)

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Flee the Planet BBS [flee.fsxnet.nz:2323]
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Fang-Castro on Friday, November 20, 2020 18:32:42
    Re: lazy-do my work for me
    By: Fang-Castro to All on Wed Nov 18 2020 03:32 pm

I've notice by BBS "gets stuck"...

I see in today's callers someone who logged in several days ago when I login

Do you have the SCFG->External Programs->Fixed Events->Daily Event set to maintain the logon list?

to my BBS and the msg echos aren't being processed.

I'm not really sure what that means. Are you saying that timed events aren't running? If that's the case, the thing to look at would be the event log output.

Also when connecting
    instead of the usual instant 'Connected!' it takes a while; maybe 30-45 seconds.

Debug-level output from the terminal server should explain the extra delay.

So every once in a while I pkill sbbs and run ./sbbs again.

That is not a good way to shut-down the BBS. If it's installed a system service, use those facilities to gracefully shut down the BBS or see this:
    http://wiki.synchro.net/config:semfiles#shutdown_semaphore_files

I'm logging into
    my bbs computer with ssh from my desktop. Closing my open ssh connection after running ./sbbs isn't a problem is it?

Yeah, that'd be bad. You're closing the controlling terminal, I'm kind of suprirsed even it keeps running. I think what you should do instead is install it as a daemon/service.

The BBS will run fine for a
    while then go back to doing this.

But how would you view the log output in that case? You'll have no idea what's happening on the server-side.

Anyway I just wanted to post this if anyone had the same issue ever... in the mean time if I can get away from Rimworld and smoking weed I'll start some detective work =)

Looks like you're running on Linux, so start here: http://wiki.synchro.net/install:nix#daemon_mode
    --
    digital man

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #60:
    RIP = Remote Imaging Protocol (e.g. RIPscrip)
    Norco, CA WX: 67.7°F, 54.0% humidity, 0 mph S wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Mortifis@VERT/ALLEYCAT to Fang-Castro on Saturday, November 21, 2020 12:04:20
    By: Fang-Castro to All on Wed Nov 18 2020 03:32 pm

Anyway I just wanted to post this if anyone had the same issue ever... in th mean time if I can get away from Rimworld and smoking weed I'll start some detective work =)

LMBO .. well, at least you have a time-lime to work with :-P ... does your work day always start after 4:20? :-P

~Mortifis

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ AlleyCat! BBS Lake Echo, NS Canada
  • From Fang-Castro@VERT/FTPBBS to Mortifis on Saturday, November 21, 2020 20:19:44
    By: Mortifis to Fang-Castro on Sat Nov 21 2020 12:04 pm

LMBO .. well, at least you have a time-lime to work with :-P ... does your work day always start after 4:20? :-P

'time-lime' sounds like a strain of weed. so same question to you =p

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Flee the Planet BBS [flee.fsxnet.nz:2323]
  • From Mortifis@VERT to Fang-Castro on Sunday, November 22, 2020 10:10:12
    By: Fang-Castro to Mortifis on Sat Nov 21 2020 08:19 pm

LMBO .. well, at least you have a time-lime to work with :-P ... does y work day always start after 4:20? :-P

'time-lime' sounds like a strain of weed. so same question to you =p

yes, it is a cross strain of Go Time and Lime ... but I only BBS with Indica :-P
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: AlleyCat! BBS Dartmouth NS (1:249/9999)
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net