• Any Amateur Astronomers o

From Mike Powell@VERT/CAPCITY2 to CHICKENHEAD on Friday, May 08, 2020 11:05:00
    Anyone else involved in the hobby? I'm quite enjoying being back into it again
    Got some great views of M13 and the Ring Nebula with the wife's 8" the other n
    ight. Looking forward to pointing that SBIG camera at both.

I was when I was younger. I plan to get back into it once I retire. My biggest problem with participating is that it has to be dark, and I am
    usually pretty tired by the time it gets dark here. OTOH, I could start
    doing it in the morning. :)

---
    . SLMR 2.1a . I open a door to an empty room...then I forget...
    * Synchronet * CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Dennisk@VERT/MINDSEYE to Mike Powell on Saturday, May 09, 2020 13:58:00
    Mike Powell wrote to CHICKENHEAD <=-

Anyone else involved in the hobby? I'm quite enjoying being back into it again

Got some great views of M13 and the Ring Nebula with the wife's 8" the other
    n

ight. Looking forward to pointing that SBIG camera at both.

I was when I was younger. I plan to get back into it once I retire.
    My biggest problem with participating is that it has to be dark, and I
    am usually pretty tired by the time it gets dark here. OTOH, I could start doing it in the morning. :)

---
    . SLMR 2.1a . I open a door to an empty room...then I forget...

I have a 6" Newtonian, but I don't take it as seriously as others. I haven't connected a camera to it, I just do casual gazing of the planets and other celestial objects of interest. Haven't pulled it out in a while, but now that my children are old enough to appreciate it, I might show them the magic of the sky on appropriate clear nights.

... Dennis Katsonis
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    ■ Synchronet ■ Mind's Eye - mindseye.ddns.net - Melbourne Australia
  • From Mike Powell@VERT/CAPCITY2 to DENNISK on Saturday, May 09, 2020 10:30:00
    I have a 6" Newtonian, but I don't take it as seriously as others. I haven't >connected a camera to it, I just do casual gazing of the planets and other >celestial objects of interest. Haven't pulled it out in a while, but now that >my children are old enough to appreciate it, I might show them the magic of the
    sky on appropriate clear nights.

When I was a kid, that was one of my favorite Summer activities with my Dad.

---
    . SLMR 2.1a . Come in Number 51, Your Time Is Up!
  • From Dennisk@VERT/MINDSEYE to Mike Powell on Sunday, May 10, 2020 12:23:00
    Mike Powell wrote to DENNISK <=-

I have a 6" Newtonian, but I don't take it as seriously as others. I haven't
    connected a camera to it, I just do casual gazing of the planets and other
    celestial objects of interest. Haven't pulled it out in a while, but now that
    my children are old enough to appreciate it, I might show them the magic of the

sky on appropriate clear nights.

When I was a kid, that was one of my favorite Summer activities with my Dad.

---
    . SLMR 2.1a . Come in Number 51, Your Time Is Up!

Yeah, I need to do that more. My older daughter has an interest in space and the planet like I did when I was a kid.

... Dennis Katsonis
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    ■ Synchronet ■ Mind's Eye - mindseye.ddns.net - Melbourne Australia