• CombatNet Status Update

From Rastus@411:411/1 to All on Sunday, August 30, 2020 12:52:17

Hello Everyone,

Some may have noticed that I have not been active on my BBS or on CombatNet recently. I am not in the mood to share what is happening in my life right now but I have lost interest in most of the things I used to enjoy, including BBSing, at least for now. I hope that things get back to normal.. we'll see....

In fairness to the users of CombatNet, while it is not written in stone, it is likely that I will shut it down at the end of the year. I almost shut it down last year but let it run on for another year. We'll have to see what happens over the next few months.

For now Combatnet is not accepting new nodes. There are two in the process of being added and I'll try to motivated to get them going if they are still interested.

I will post updates as needed.

Fat Rastus
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
    * Origin: Electronic Warfare BBS | bbs.ewbbs.net | CBNET HQ (411:411/1)
  • From The Godfather@411:411/44 to Rastus on Sunday, August 30, 2020 17:26:17
    Hey man,

been there; lacking interest due to overwhelming personal issues. I'd
    hate to see a Fellow Indiana brother fall. Feel free to netmail me if
    there's anything I can do to help. Times are slow on BBS's right now,
    but it doesn't have to suck. Hope things improve -- you'll be in our
    families thoughts.

-tG

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: The Underground [*] www.theunderground.us:10023 (411:411/44)
  • From Kostie Muirhead@1:342/17 to Rastus on Sunday, August 30, 2020 17:55:56
    Re: CombatNet Status Update
    By: Rastus to All on Sun Aug 30 2020 12:52 pm

Some may have noticed that I have not been active on my BBS or on CombatNet recently. I am not in the mood to share what is happening in my life right now but I have lost interest in most of the things I used to enjoy, including BBSing, at least for now. I hope that things get back to normal.. we'll see....

Sending you some good vibes, brother. Was there a few years back dealing with the fallout from my ex-SO's affair. Whatever is happening, know that you're appreciated and worthwhile, and feel free to email/netmail if you need to vent.
    And closer to the end of the year if you still feel the same, I'd be happy to take over custodianship of things for you and keep it ready for you to take the reigns back when you feel up to it if that helps at all.
    ===
    Underminer
    The Undermine BBS - bbs.undermine.ca:423
    Fidonet: 1:342/17
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: The Undermine - bbs.undermine.ca:423 - Calgary, AB (1:342/17)
  • From Nelgin@411:411/30 to Rastus on Tuesday, September 01, 2020 17:11:27
    Rastus wrote:

Hello Everyone,

In fairness to the users of CombatNet, while it is not written in stone, it is
    likely that I will shut it down at the end of the year. I almost shut it down
    last year but let it run on for another year. We'll have to see what happens over the next few months.

For now Combatnet is not accepting new nodes. There are two in the process of
    being added and I'll try to motivated to get them going if they are still interested.

Chin up, mate. There's nothing that can't be overcome with a bit of time. Walk away for a while. We'll still be here when you get back.
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com (411:411/30)
  • From Rastus@411:411/1 to All on Sunday, December 13, 2020 22:01:40
    Hello Everyone,

After careful consideration I have decided to keep CombatNet up and running. The games have been running very well on autopilot for the past few months and since there are still several Active Players I might as well let it run.

The League 411 Games will reset as scheduled on 1 Jan 2021 and a new cycle will begin a few days later.

I am not sure when the league will start accepting new nodes again but with the change in season we'll see....

Happy Holidays,

Fat Rastus
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
    * Origin: Electronic Warfare BBS | bbs.ewbbs.net | CBNET HQ (411:411/1)