• Additions and Deletions

From Rastus@411:411/1 to All on Monday, October 21, 2019 22:56:17
    Players in BRE League 411 have noticed that General Zod has destroyed four planets. Well.. that's the story line anyway. In reality I've been meaning to remove these four planets for some time now. The Borg Continuum, Anzati Prime, The Bounty Hunters and Rodian Raiders were originally available as 'Web Doors'. The Web Doors allowed non-bbsers a way to play the games from the CBNET Website without logging into the board. Unfortunately, that feature never took off. Over the years only a couple of people ever created an account and neither of them did any more take a few turns. They were removed because they were never used by anyone other than myself for special projects (such as Zod Armada).

As you may have read on the General Conference, I am currently not accepting new BBS to sign up right now. I am busy cleaning up the batch files and code that drives CombatNet. I spend a few hours here and there working on this thing and it might take me a several weeks to finish things up. After the upgrades are complete I plan on advertising the network. More on that later...

In addition to my dropping the 'Web Doors,' we also lost Twinkle BBS and Satellite of Madness BBS. Both of those boards are offline but might come back sometime in the future.

But on a happy note we did add a new Node this week.. Welcome to Freeside BBS! --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
    * Origin: Electronic Warfare BBS | bbs.ewbbs.net | CBNET HQ (411:411/1)