• [VA3QV] Is it DX if.we cant confirm?

From VA3QV via rec.radio.amateur.moderat@1:396/4 to All on Saturday, June 11, 2022 06:14:17
    From: rec-radio-amateur-moderated-request@panix.com (VA3QV via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin)

My Amateur Radio Life

///////////////////////////////////////////
    Is it DX if.we cant confirm?

Posted: 09 Jun 2022 09:07 AM PDT https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2022/06/09/is-it-dx-if-we-cant-confirm/

Todays RANT (you dont see that many of them) is about the multitude of station out there (any you know who you are) who will not Econfirm their
    QSOs on the numerous QSL platforms

These would be the stations that must have some sort of internet access as their QRZ page shows really nice new, shiny and expensive ham toys but
    still refuse to confirm without a QSL card sent with a few green stamps for return postage.

QRZs logbook is free and as your QRZ page is being used you must know about the log EQSL is also free and if I can figure out how to use it then its easy to use. I mention these two first as these are normally the ones that the new operators use and getting some sort of confirmation for one of
    their first QSOs could go a long way to keeping them in the hobby. Kind of
    a positive enforcement thing. You make the contacts They get confirmed you get a warm fuzzy feeling and then make more contacts.

Now if you decide this DXing is for you then you might want to jump through the hoops and sign up for logbook of the world. If you are NOT an American Amateur it is free to use and it gives you an excellent record of your confirmed contacts ( I believe its also free to use for American Hams but they cant get the ARRL awards without paying Dont quote me on this one
    its been a while since I looked into it)

Even as someone who has no desire to do it 21st century style in most cases you already have to use a computer to submit your logs to CQWW or ARRL and many more contest organizations so why not take the extra couple of minutes and at least (for the good of the hobby and the new hams) submit your logs
    to one of the Electronic QSL services named above.

For the record I (on a daily basis) upload my logs to LoTW, EQSL and
    QRZ.com with the later 2 for the benefit of other hams. I do collect the ARRL awards such as DXCC, WAS and TRIPLE PLAY so the LoTW upload is for me

73bob

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2
    * Origin: News Gate @ Net396 -Huntsville, AL - USA (1:396/4)