• [KB6NU] Amateur radio videos: Contest University 2022

From KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderat@1:396/4 to All on Tuesday, May 24, 2022 02:53:04
    From: rec-radio-amateur-moderated-request@panix.com (KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin)

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

///////////////////////////////////////////
    Amateur radio videos: Contest University 2022

Posted: 24 May 2022 08:00 AM PDT https://www.kb6nu.com/amateur-radio-videos-contest-university-2022/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

This year, at the Dayton Hamvention, they once again held Contest
    University in person. They also livestreamed and recorded the
    presentations. Heres the video:

This video includes the following presentations:

Low Band Receiving Antennas by W3LPL
    Improving your Transmitting Antennas for Solar Cycle 25 by W3LPL
    Improving the Competitiveness of Your Station by W3LPL
    The ND7K Contest Station, Teamwork and Multi-operator Innovations by N6WIN Grounding and Bonding by N0AX
    Antennas and Propagation Questions and Answers by W3LPL
    Optimizing your Receiver Performance by NC0B

Recordings of previous years Contest University presentations are also online.

The post Amateur radio videos: Contest University 2022 appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.

///////////////////////////////////////////
    QSLs: WA1LAD, W3AGE

Posted: 23 May 2022 11:05 AM PDT https://www.kb6nu.com/qsls-wa1lad-w3age/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

Here are the latest additions to my collection of QSL cards from stations whose calls spell words. The first is a nice art deco card from Gil, WA1LAD:

Gil writes, TNX FOR THE QSL CARD & CONTACT IN NEQP 22!

The next is from Mike, W3AGE. He writes, Made this car on a computer progam while on the Covid thing.  I was in PT for a arm problem and the Therapist asked if I cold make race car in the program as a challenge sooooI did and was fun to make do thought Id also usse it in my QSLs.

Thanks, guys!

The post QSLs: WA1LAD, W3AGE appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2
    * Origin: News Gate @ Net396 -Huntsville, AL - USA (1:396/4)