• [W2LJ] So you fancy yourself the "Wordle" champ, eh?

From W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderate@1:396/4 to All on Sunday, April 03, 2022 18:05:06
    From: rec-radio-amateur-moderated-request@panix.com (W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin)

W2LJ QRP - When you care to send the very least!

///////////////////////////////////////////
    So you fancy yourself the "Wordle" champ, eh?

Posted: 02 Apr 2022 10:32 AM PDT http://w2lj.blogspot.com/2022/04/so-you-fancy-yourself-wordle-champ-eh.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

To be honest with you, I'm not even sure how Wordle works. All I know is
    that it's some kind of word game where (I think) you have to guess the word of the day and you get a certain number of tries. All I know is that I see
    a ton of posts on social media about how people have done that day. Even my sister posts!
    I've not tried, nor jumped into the fray, or think I ever will. At least
    the "conventional" game. There is a new one that I learned of today thanks
    to Dave Ring N1EA on the CW e-mail reflector. This version is
    called "Morsle".
    https://morsle.fun/
    Just for fun.
    Morsle - the daily Morse code challenge
    Welcome to the daily Morse code challenge
    Brought to you by Remote Ham Radio
    You have 21 tries to guess the word, which will be played aloud in Morse code.
    Playback speed starts at 40 WPM, which is pretty fast, but don't worry!
    Every three tries, the speed decreases by 5 WPM.
    Each time you play the word or submit a guess, you are deducted one try, so conserve those guesses until you are certain you have correctly guessed
    some letters.
    You can guess at any time, even if there are some blank letters. Correct answers will be marked in green, but there are no other hints.
    I got today's word on the second try at 40 WPM - so I guess I can still
    copy well enough. Good job on whomever came up with this! I look forward to rising to the challenge each day. In addition to the "main game", there's a practice session and you can change between regular words and call signs.
    I'd like to see the "Wordle" champs take this one on!
    72 de Larry W2LJ
    QRP - When you care to send the very least!

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2
    * Origin: News Gate @ Net396 -Huntsville, AL - USA (1:396/4)