• Tesla's Full Self Drive

From Shaun Buzza@1:229/110 to All on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 11:18:45
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1nn5e7Yiyo

Bjorn insists that FSD is the best thing since sliced bread. But, in reality, it's still very flawed. Can't even figure out how to handle a cyclist...

We're still a very long way from having cars that drive themselves.

McDoob
    SysOp, PiBBS
    pibbs.sytes.net

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: PiBBS (1:229/110)
  • From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Shaun Buzza on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 18:00:57

I don't understand. Maybe he explained how the cyclist was killed or injured later on, I stopped when all the commercials began.

Bjorn insists that FSD is the best thing since sliced bread. But, in reality,
    it's still very flawed. Can't even figure out how to handle a cyclist...

It's less flawed than the average teenager learning how to drive. Did you never make any mistakes when you tried to get your driver's licence? This one never makes a mistake twice -- not even any of her 60k siblings out there on the streets getting in the same situation. It's called AGI and neural networking.

Soon coming to Canada, it will be interesting to see how fast she learns how to handle the different situations in a completely (well, maybe not, considering the influences from the south) different traffic environment.

And yet, 60,000 FSD drivers are yet to cause a single accident. All while some 40k US citizens are killed in traffic each year.

She's getting there. Within a year or two, she'll get her license. Not meaning that she's a perfect driver, just that she's allowed to go solo while continue learning.

--- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101125
    * Origin: news://eljaco.se:4119 (2:203/2)
  • From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Björn Felten on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 18:53:26
    I don't understand. Maybe he explained how the cyclist was killed or injured later on, I stopped when all the commercials began.

Just a free tip to y'all, if you are using an app to watch Youtube. Google for "STN beta" and replace the app you have with this one.

Believe it or not, but you'll not only get rid of all the ads, but also most of the sponsor and other crap messages from the videos.

• From Shaun Buzza@1:229/110 to Björn Felten on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 13:53:00

One inline ad doesn't constitute "all the commercials". But, given your short attention span, perhaps you *should* let the car drive, instead. (o_-)

Nobody said anything about death or injury. Just a FSD car losing its artificial mind over something it clearly did not understand. You do realize that the car actually steered itself *toward* the biker, yes?

You really should get over your opinion on ads and watch the rest of the
    video. It blatantly disproves your earlier claim about how "no Tesla has ever been in an accident". It also shows how many countries, world-wide, are concerned about this 'fully stupid driving' mode.

Bjorn insists that FSD is the best thing since sliced bread. But, in reality,
    it's still very flawed. Can't even figure out how to handle a cyclist

It's less flawed than the average teenager learning how to drive. Did you never make any mistakes when you tried to get your driver's licence?

Personally, no. I had spent nearly a decade practicing, before taking the
    test, though, so I don't really qualify as 'average'. And 'the average
    teenager learning how to drive' is required to have a fully-licensed, and
    well experienced, driver right beside them. Yet, this (pre)adolescent AI is expected to do it all by itself.

This one never makes a mistake twice -- not even any of her 60k siblings out there on the streets getting in the same situation. It's called AGI and neural networking.

It's called 'Bjorn wearing blinders'! Do I need to show you videos of actual Teslas, actually self driving, straight into an accident? More than once,
    and in the exact same way?

Soon coming to Canada, it will be interesting to see how fast she learns how to handle the different situations in a completely (well,
    maybe not, considering the influences from the south) different traffic environment.

It's already here, just like in the US. But, unlike where you're from
    (assuming you're being honest about this), we are required to be 'in control
    of the car' no matter if we're letting the car drive, or doing it ourselves.

And yet, 60,000 FSD drivers are yet to cause a single accident. All while some 40k US citizens are killed in traffic each year.

That is a bald-faced lie, Bjorn. Watch the video.

She's getting there. Within a year or two, she'll get her license. Not meaning that she's a perfect driver, just that she's allowed to go solo while continue learning.

She? How can a *thing*, a creation of technology, completely incapable of procreation, have a gender? Do you have a male table? A female towel? A trans vacuum? Has your fridge accused you of 'assuming its gender' lately? (@_@)

Again, watch the video! You will find that 'her' driving skill is still very much far from perfect.

McDoob
    SysOp, PiBBS
    pibbs.sytes.net

• From Shaun Buzza@1:229/110 to Bjorn Felton on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 13:58:14
    It's less flawed than the average teenager learning how to drive. you never make any mistakes when you tried to get your driver's licen

Personally, no. I had spent nearly a decade practicing, before taking the test, though, so I don't really qualify as 'average'.

Okay, on second thought, that's not entirely true; I forgot to set my parking brake (or e-brake, as I call it) when 'parking the car, as if to leave it'. That's a mistake that half of all people tested make, and is not a failure point.

McDoob
    SysOp, PiBBS
    pibbs.sytes.net

• From Shaun Buzza@1:229/110 to Björn Felten on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 14:06:57
    I don't understand. Maybe he explained how the cyclist was killed injured later on, I stopped when all the commercials began.

Just a free tip to y'all, if you are using an app to watch Youtube. Google for "STN beta" and replace the app you have with this one.

Believe it or not, but you'll not only get rid of all the ads, but
    also most of the sponsor and other crap messages from the videos.

That might get rid of ads sent to you by YouTube, but so does Adblock Plus. I doubt it would help with ads 'baked into' the video itself. However, I have
    not tested this specific program.

And it will stay that way, for quite a while, apparently. This app is only compatible with a small fraction of devices that can play YouTube, none of which I own.

Not to mention, if it was as good as you describe, why were you complaining about 'all the [exactly one] commercials' in the video I linked? (o_O)

McDoob
    SysOp, PiBBS
    pibbs.sytes.net

• From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Shaun Buzza on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 20:02:47
    Not to mention, if it was as good as you describe, why were you complaining
    about 'all the [exactly one] commercials' in the video I linked? (o_O)

Because when I read your FTN messages, and I click on the link, I end up on youtube.com on my browser, not on my app. DUH!

And yes, it is exactly as good as I say. Seeing is believing...

• From Shaun Buzza@1:229/110 to Björn Felten on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 15:45:32
    Because when I read your FTN messages, and I click on the link, I end up on youtube.com on my browser, not on my app. DUH!

And yes, it is exactly as good as I say. Seeing is believing...

Seeing the github say 'requires Android' causes me to believe that you're not using a PC for (one or both of) either FTN access or this app. As it stands, I see no way to test this app on any device I own, with which I can also access PiBBS, and through which, Fidonet. Therefore I find your statement to be...suspect...

I am not currently aware of a 'useful' telnet app for Android phones. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. And who would use such a tiny screen
    for reading text, anyway? No wonder you think these self-driving cars are so awesome! You're friggin' blind! (o_-)

Also, YouTube does have a fast-forward button, if you're *that* cranky about the in-line ads...You could also, y'know, *support your favorite content creators*? (o_O)

I don't like ads any more than you do, but this is how CCs make the money
    they need to continue making videos. And people like you and I are one
    reason why they feel the need to use in-line ads in the first place.

YouTube demonization...uh, sorry that's 'demonetization' (aka censorship)...is also a big reason, especially for some channels.

McDoob
    SysOp, PiBBS
    pibbs.sytes.net

• From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Shaun Buzza on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 21:39:50
    Seeing the github say 'requires Android' causes me to believe that
    you're not using a PC for (one or both of) either FTN access or this app.

Hehehe. When did a PC ever make use of apps?

Of course I do not watch videos on my 26" PC monitor. I watch them on my 50" Fire Stick connected TV.

I've always wondered how all the kids on the bus can watch movies on a 5" phone screen. I have to use reading glasses to even see who's calling on my phone. Alas, it's a totally new generation. Pen sharpeners included to fix their fingertips...

• From Shaun Buzza@1:229/110 to Björn Felten on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 17:06:50
    Seeing the github say 'requires Android' causes me to believe that you're not using a PC for (one or both of) either FTN access or this

Clearly, you've never used the Microsoft Store. (o_O)

They're more or less the same thing, anyway...App, program, potayto, potahto.

McDoob
    SysOp, PiBBS
    pibbs.sytes.net

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to SHAUN BUZZA on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 16:55:00

Bjorn insists that FSD is the best thing since sliced bread. But, in reality, it's still very flawed. Can't even figure out how to handle a cyclist...

I am not sure why anyone would want one.

You are putting your faith and safety into the hands of a computer... that
    can be hacked.

* SLMR 2.1a * Arrogance never wins customers.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Shaun Buzza on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 22:29:08

Clearly, you've never used the Microsoft Store. (o_O)

Not even with a 300cm pole. :-)