• Re: Aaron don't know what

From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Tuesday, June 14, 2022 08:34:57
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Björn Felten <=-

It's confusing to me.

Well, it's confusing to Biden too.

Biden made an executive order that mandated covid
    vaccines for employees of companies with 100 or more employees (I think that was the number.) That policy affected most Americans, not just Americans who work on federal land.

That executive order effected no one directly. An executive order can only direct gov't agencies to do something. It can't order a private business to do anything.

Our local Tyrant... er.. Governor learned that. So she changed her tune and wrote executive orders to take business licenses away from any business that didn't enforce her unconstitutional "orders". That did have the nice impact of making people ask why businesses need to be licensed in the first place and should the gov't have the ability to take a license for reasons not related to how the business is run.

... Your ex just called....she's with the IRS now.
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Ron L. on Tuesday, June 14, 2022 14:50:45
    That executive order effected no one directly. An executive order can only direct gov't agencies to do something. It can't order a private business to do anything.

"Employers with 100 or more employees must require covid vaccinations or testing." <- Where did I get that from? I thought that was Biden's order, but maybe it's Cuomo's then. It's in effect here, so if it's not in effect elsewhere, then I guess there's my answer.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: CompuBBS | Ashburn VA | cfbbs.scinet-ftn.org (1:275/99)
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Tuesday, June 14, 2022 15:34:17
    On 14 Jun 2022, Aaron Thomas said the following...
    That executive order effected no one directly. An executive order ca only direct gov't agencies to do something. It can't order a private business to do anything.
    "Employers with 100 or more employees must require covid vaccinations or testing." <- Where did I get that from? I thought that was Biden's
    order, but maybe it's Cuomo's then. It's in effect here, so if it's not
    in effect elsewhere, then I guess there's my answer.

Nope, it wasn't Cuomo, either.

That was an Emergency Temporary Standard issued by OSHA to minimize the risk
    of COVID-19 transmission in the workplace.

https://www.osha.gov/sites/default/files/publications/OSHA4162.pdf

It's pretty amazing what you can find on the internet if you just look.

Jeff.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Cold War Computing BBS (1:387/26)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Tuesday, June 14, 2022 18:33:00

"Employers with 100 or more employees must require covid vaccinations or testing." <- Where did I get that from? I thought that was Biden's order, but maybe it's Cuomo's then. It's in effect here, so if it's not in effect elsewhere, then I guess there's my answer.

IIRC, many employers, who either didn't want to lose any government
    contracts and/or donated to the Biden campaign, voluntarily complied with
    it. I was surprised that our state government did not, but they have been handling things with kid gloves. I think they don't want to be sued.

* SLMR 2.1a * Tongue-tied & twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I!
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)