• Mexico

From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to All on Sunday, May 29, 2022 21:24:02
    This is the only country with a baby formula shortage, but we continue to alow people from around the world flock to our southern border. Legally, it makes sense, thanks to Biden. In a humanly way, it doesn't make sense.

It's like inviting people over while your house is being remodeled.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: CompuBBS | Ashburn VA | cfbbs.scinet-ftn.org (1:275/99)
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Monday, May 30, 2022 08:59:23
    On 29 May 2022, Aaron Thomas said the following...
    This is the only country with a baby formula shortage, but we continue
    to alow people from around the world flock to our southern border. Legally, it makes sense, thanks to Biden. In a humanly way, it doesn't make sense.

Maybe American companies should pay a little less attention to profit and a little more attention to the maintenance of their equipment so that a months-long bacterial contamination doesn't result in the deaths of children and the closure of a plant.

Maybe America shouldn't refuse to import dairy products from countries just because those countries take care of their dairy farmers with subsidies. We spend around $16 billion per year subsidizing our farmers of a few select crops, but look down on others when they do it.

Maybe most of the migrants at the border aren't drinking baby formula; only
    the most vulnerable among them are, and only while they're being detained.

It's more like showing compassion to your neighbors even though you don't
    have very much milk in the fridge.

Jeff.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Cold War Computing BBS (1:387/26)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Monday, May 30, 2022 14:57:00

It's more like showing compassion to your neighbors even though you don't have very much milk in the fridge.

Yes, and if you don't have enough for your own family, it is also called
    not very bright.

* SLMR 2.1a * Objects in taglines are closer than they appear.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Monday, May 30, 2022 15:33:43
    On 30 May 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    It's more like showing compassion to your neighbors even though you don' have very much milk in the fridge.
    Yes, and if you don't have enough for your own family, it is also called not very bright.

How many children have died from lack of baby formula?

Jeff.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Monday, May 30, 2022 16:49:15
    Maybe American companies should pay a little less attention to profit
    and a little more attention to the maintenance of their equipment so
    that a months-long bacterial contamination doesn't result in the deaths
    of children and the closure of a plant.

That's right! But someone should tell the migrants that there's no formula here. How would you like it if nobody told you about, until after you've
    walked here from Venezuela?

Maybe most of the migrants at the border aren't drinking baby formula; only the most vulnerable among them are, and only while they're being detained.

Oh yea I forgot; they're our slaves and we need to keep reeling them in.
    Better not tell them about the lack of baby formula!

It's more like showing compassion to your neighbors even though you don't have very much milk in the fridge.

Nope! It's not like that! It's very difficult for babies to find the right
    kind of formula. There are dozens of different kinds, and not all babies can tolerate the same kinds. There's no simple solution to the shortage from a parent's standpoint, because parents of different babies have different needs. Breast feeding is the best choice, but most mothers are not able to produce
    the amount needed and some babies are not being raised by their mothers.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Monday, May 30, 2022 22:00:50
    On 30 May 2022, Aaron Thomas said the following...
    Maybe American companies should pay a little less attention to profit and a little more attention to the maintenance of their equipment so that a months-long bacterial contamination doesn't result in the deat of children and the closure of a plant.
    That's right! But someone should tell the migrants that there's no
    formula here. How would you like it if nobody told you about, until
    after you've walked here from Venezuela?

The migrants aren't after our formula. And for the detained migrant babies
    that are here, there is formula. So I'm not really sure what the point of
    your message to the migrants is.

Maybe most of the migrants at the border aren't drinking baby formula only the most vulnerable among them are, and only while they're being detained.
    Oh yea I forgot; they're our slaves and we need to keep reeling them in. Better not tell them about the lack of baby formula!

They come here voluntarily. They are not our "slaves." Perhaps, given where they're coming from, a baby formula shortage is the least of their worries.

It's like inviting people over while your house is being remodel
    It's more like showing compassion to your neighbors even though you d have very much milk in the fridge.
    Nope! It's not like that! It's very difficult for babies to find the
    right kind of formula. There are dozens of different kinds, and not all babies can tolerate the same kinds. There's no simple solution to the shortage from a parent's standpoint, because parents of different babies have different needs. Breast feeding is the best choice, but most
    mothers are not able to produce the amount needed and some babies are
    not being raised by their mothers.

Most babies can tolerate most kinds. There are specialty formulas for babies with certain issues, but those are the exception rather than the rule.

Jeff.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Tuesday, May 31, 2022 16:45:08
    formula here. How would you like it if nobody told you about, until after you've walked here from Venezuela?

The migrants aren't after our formula. And for the detained migrant
    babies that are here, there is formula. So I'm not really sure what the point of your message to the migrants is.

Do you suggest we offer migrant flights back down to the DHS office when they need another can of Enfamil?

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Tuesday, May 31, 2022 15:18:36
    On 31 May 2022, Aaron Thomas said the following...
    The migrants aren't after our formula. And for the detained migrant babies that are here, there is formula. So I'm not really sure what t point of your message to the migrants is.
    Do you suggest we offer migrant flights back down to the DHS office when they need another can of Enfamil?

I never even suggested that.

Jeff.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Tuesday, May 31, 2022 16:46:00
    That's right! But someone should tell the migrants that there's no formula here. How would you like it if nobody told you about, until after you've walked here from Venezuela?

The migrants aren't after our formula. And for the detained migrant babies that are here, there is formula. So I'm not really sure what the point of your message to the migrants is.

Migrants are not going to migrate somewhere where they cannot get food.
    Once they are not detained, what happens when the shelves outside the
    detention center are bare?

Come on, man!

* SLMR 2.1a * How do they get the deer to cross at the signs?
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Tuesday, May 31, 2022 16:55:56
    On 31 May 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    That's right! But someone should tell the migrants that there's no formula here. How would you like it if nobody told you about, until after you've walked here from Venezuela?
    The migrants aren't after our formula. And for the detained migrant babi that are here, there is formula. So I'm not really sure what the point o your message to the migrants is.
    Migrants are not going to migrate somewhere where they cannot get food. Once they are not detained, what happens when the shelves outside the detention center are bare?

Then they deal with the problem the same as everyone else who's here legally.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Tuesday, May 31, 2022 17:01:54
    On 31 May 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    The migrants aren't after our formula. And for the detained migrant babi that are here, there is formula. So I'm not really sure what the point o your message to the migrants is.
    Migrants are not going to migrate somewhere where they cannot get food. Once they are not detained, what happens when the shelves outside the detention center are bare?

The baby formula issue is irrelevant.

How do I know? Because long before it started, you and Aaron were complaining about refugees. And long after it's over, you'll still be complaining about refugees. If you're going to complain about refugees whether there's a baby formula shortage or not, then the baby formula shortage is irrelevant to your complaining.

Jeff.

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Aaron Thomas on Wednesday, June 01, 2022 16:59:47
    Hello Aaron,

This is the only country with a baby formula shortage,

Ukraine also has a baby formula shortage.

but we continue to alow people from around the world flock to our southern border.

Ukrainians fleeing Russian soldiers has been a common activity
    for over three months, and is still continuing.

Legally, it makes sense, thanks to Biden.

The dictator of Russia is Vladimir Putin. He is the guy who is
    responsible for the problems Ukrainians are having.

In a humanly way, it doesn't make sense.

Vladimir Putin is Donald Trump's pal, not mine.

Your solution would be for all Ukrainian refugees in Poland and in
    other countries to return to Ukraine so they can be slaughtered by
    Russian soldiers. How very thoughtful of you.

--Lee

--
    They say `Yes, Trump'! / We say `No, Trump!'

--- MesNews/1.08.05.00-gb
    * Origin: news://eljaco.se:4119 (2:203/2)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Lee Lofaso on Wednesday, June 01, 2022 19:30:47
    Your solution would be for all Ukrainian refugees in Poland and in
    other countries to return to Ukraine so they can be slaughtered by
    Russian soldiers. How very thoughtful of you.

Nope. I agree with everything you said in that message except for this. I want the Ukrainians to come to the USA. They should all be brought here, instead of $40 billion dollars going there just so it can be wasted.

Let's tell the human smuggling industry that business will have to be put on hold for a while until we find room for 40 million real refugees first. And
    the way we tell them, is by restoring all of Trump's policies.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Wednesday, June 01, 2022 17:53:00

The baby formula issue is irrelevant.

How do I know? Because long before it started, you and Aaron were complaining about refugees. And long after it's over, you'll still be complaining about refugees. If you're going to complain about refugees whether there's a baby formula shortage or not, then the baby formula shortage is irrelevant to your complaining.

Actually it is not irrelevant. My biggest concern with a significant influx
    of any people is whether or not our infrastructure, supply chain, and
    resources can handle it. As we seem to be having issues with all three lately...

Aside from that concern, there is a discussion going on in the Dovenet
    Debate echo where someone said it quite well... they are not against immigration, but they are against the incentivicing of it.

* SLMR 2.1a * Florida bumper sticker: DON'T SHOOT! I'M LOCAL!
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Wednesday, June 01, 2022 17:20:24
    On 01 Jun 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    How do I know? Because long before it started, you and Aaron were compla about refugees. And long after it's over, you'll still be complaining ab refugees. If you're going to complain about refugees whether there's a b formula shortage or not, then the baby formula shortage is irrelevant to complaining.
    Actually it is not irrelevant. My biggest concern with a significant influx of any people is whether or not our infrastructure, supply chain, and resources can handle it. As we seem to be having issues with all three lately...

You were concerned before the shortage.

Aside from that concern, there is a discussion going on in the Dovenet Debate echo where someone said it quite well... they are not against immigration, but they are against the incentivicing of it.

The only way to disincentivize immigration is to make our country a less desirable place to live.

Jeff.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Thursday, June 02, 2022 09:26:08
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Lee Lofaso <=-

Nope. I agree with everything you said in that message except for this.
    I want the Ukrainians to come to the USA. They should all be brought
    here, instead of $40 billion dollars going there just so it can be
    wasted.

But that $40 billion won't all be wasted. At least $20 billion will come back to the Biden Crime Family.

... No Credit, Bad Credit? No Problem. No Money? Problem.
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Thursday, June 02, 2022 16:53:00
    Actually it is not irrelevant. My biggest concern with a significant influx of any people is whether or not our infrastructure, supply chain, and resources can handle it. As we seem to be having issues with all three lately...

And you don't think those are things we should be concerned about even when there is not a shortage? Ever read the Ant and the Grasshopper?

Aside from that concern, there is a discussion going on in the Dovenet Debate echo where someone said it quite well... they are not against immigration, but they are against the incentivicing of it.

The only way to disincentivize immigration is to make our country a less desirable place to live.

Biden is working on that.

Or stop doing things that make their homelands less desirable to live in.

* SLMR 2.1a * Life would be much easier if I had the source code.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Thursday, June 02, 2022 16:50:51
    On 02 Jun 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    And you don't think those are things we should be concerned about even when there is not a shortage? Ever read the Ant and the Grasshopper?

We don't plan for the future, ever. Everything is all about the next quarter. The US has no long-range economic vision.

Aside from that concern, there is a discussion going on in the Dove Debate echo where someone said it quite well... they are not agains immigration, but they are against the incentivicing of it.

It's not Biden's doing.

Such as?

Jeff.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Friday, June 03, 2022 15:39:00

We don't plan for the future, ever. Everything is all about the next quarter. The US has no long-range economic vision.

You may not, and our government may not, but that was not really the
    subject. The subject was your belief that I wasn't concerned about things
    like resources, supply, and infrastructure before the shortage. I do try
    to think about the future.

Aside from that concern, there is a discussion going on in the Dov
    Debate echo where someone said it quite well... they are not again
    immigration, but they are against the incentivicing of it.
    The only way to disincentivize immigration is to make our country a les
    desirable place to live.

It's not Biden's doing.

If you say so.

Such as?

https://tinyurl.com/yb7cxbf3

Full address, with word-wrap: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-honduras-coup-memoirs_us_ 56e34161e4b0b25c91820a08

Things were looking up in Honduras before this... now they are part of the triangle. Oh, and I know, even though she took credit for it in her
    original memoirs, it is some other, more-conservative person's fault. I personally take her now-redacted word for it.

* SLMR 2.1a * Quark the Ferengi. Perot the Texan. Separated at birth?
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Friday, June 03, 2022 16:01:17
    On 03 Jun 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    And you don't think those are things we should be concerned about e when there is not a shortage? Ever read the Ant and the Grasshoppe
    We don't plan for the future, ever. Everything is all about the next qua The US has no long-range economic vision.
    You may not, and our government may not, but that was not really the subject. The subject was your belief that I wasn't concerned about
    things like resources, supply, and infrastructure before the shortage.
    I do try to think about the future.

The subject of your question was a great big "we." Not you, not me, "we."

Things were looking up in Honduras before this... now they are part of
    the triangle. Oh, and I know, even though she took credit for it in her original memoirs, it is some other, more-conservative person's fault. I personally take her now-redacted word for it.

Trump was in office for four years. Immigration was a subject of great
    concern for him. What did he do to make things better in the triangle?

Jeff.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Saturday, June 04, 2022 10:16:00
    And you don't think those are things we should be concerned about when there is not a shortage? Ever read the Ant and the Grasshopp
    We don't plan for the future, ever. Everything is all about the next qu
    The US has no long-range economic vision.
    You may not, and our government may not, but that was not really the subject. The subject was your belief that I wasn't concerned about things like resources, supply, and infrastructure before the shortage.
    I do try to think about the future.

The subject of your question was a great big "we." Not you, not me, "we."

Yes, which was in response to something you said about "me."

* SLMR 2.1a * This is a School-Free Drug Zone.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Saturday, June 04, 2022 10:21:00
    Things were looking up in Honduras before this... now they are part of the triangle. Oh, and I know, even though she took credit for it in her original memoirs, it is some other, more-conservative person's fault. I personally take her now-redacted word for it.

Trump was in office for four years. Immigration was a subject of great concern for him. What did he do to make things better in the triangle?

The same things that Biden's administration is doing. Keeping in mind that
    my statement above (and the link that accompanied it) was in regards to
    things our government has done to make things *worse* in the triangle, I
    would go on to say he did less harm than the Obama administration.

* SLMR 2.1a * Those who live by the sword... kill those who don't.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Saturday, June 04, 2022 10:12:04
    On 04 Jun 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    The subject of your question was a great big "we." Not you, not me, "we.
    Yes, which was in response to something you said about "me."

I think that the refugee situation is being used as a scapegoat for a lot of our other problems.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Saturday, June 04, 2022 10:20:07
    On 04 Jun 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    Things were looking up in Honduras before this... now they are part the triangle. Oh, and I know, even though she took credit for it i original memoirs, it is some other, more-conservative person's faul personally take her now-redacted word for it.
    Trump was in office for four years. Immigration was a subject of great concern for him. What did he do to make things better in the triangle?
    The same things that Biden's administration is doing. Keeping in mind that my statement above (and the link that accompanied it) was in
    regards to things our government has done to make things *worse* in the triangle, I would go on to say he did less harm than the Obama administration.

US interference in Central America goes a lot further back than the Obama Administration. Iran-Contra ring any bells?

Jeff

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Sunday, June 05, 2022 09:56:00
    The same things that Biden's administration is doing. Keeping in mind that my statement above (and the link that accompanied it) was in regards to things our government has done to make things *worse* in the triangle, I would go on to say he did less harm than the Obama administration.

US interference in Central America goes a lot further back than the Obama Administration. Iran-Contra ring any bells?

Yes, but Iran-Contra did not lead to this most recent issue in the
    Triangle (the one that Hillary took credit for), and does not cover for the fact that the supposedly better Democrats did not learn anything from the mistakes of those horrible Republicans (and Democrats) that came before them.

Hillary's actions (or lack thereof), which she took credit for, lead a
    country from being fairly stable to being one where thousands supposedly
    need to flee quite a long way to get here, which was the original point...
    that we need to stop doing things that make their countries less desirable
    to live in.

---
    * SLMR 2.1a * Gimme three chili dogs and a malt.
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Sunday, June 05, 2022 16:37:40
    On 05 Jun 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    US interference in Central America goes a lot further back than the Obam Administration. Iran-Contra ring any bells?
    Yes, but Iran-Contra did not lead to this most recent issue in the Triangle (the one that Hillary took credit for), and does not cover for the fact that the supposedly better Democrats did not learn anything
    from the mistakes of those horrible Republicans (and Democrats) that
    came before them.

Indeed it did form part of the path to where we are today. But I wouldn't
    give Kamala too much of a hard time if the Great and Stable Genius Donald
    Trump couldn't fix it.

Jeff.