• Re: Trucker Question

From Doug McComber@1:105/420 to Brian Franklin on Tuesday, February 22, 2022 17:15:14
    Do any of you Canadians know if thew truckers in Ottawa are now
    dispersed?

Yes. They have all been dispersed or arrested.

We're seeing a video of a Canadian trying to walk to a coffree shop (Tim Horton I presume) and local cops smack him around, take his cell phone
    and won't let him get coffee. Not sure where this took place. What's a good site to check up on Canadian news, that's less slanted left or
    right, and maybe just the facts?

All media is slanted one way or the other. Here is a breakdown of "major" Canadian news media:

The Globe and Mail (centre-left) theglobeandmail.com
    National Post (centre-right except newswire articles) nationalpost.com
    CBC News (left) cbc.ca/news
    Global News (left) globalnews.ca
    CTV News (centre-left) ctvnews.ca

Alternative Media:
    True North News (right) tnc.news
    The Western Standrd (right) westernstandardonline.com
    The Epoch Times (yup, they do Canadian coverage as well) (right) theepochtimes.com/canada

Hope that helps!

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/24 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: 2o fOr beeRS bbS>>20ForBeers.com:1337 (1:105/420)
  • From Brian Indy@1:229/426.31 to Doug McComber on Tuesday, February 22, 2022 20:35:13
    //Hello Doug,//

on *23.02.22* at *1:15:14* You wrote in area *POLITICS*
    to *Brian Franklin* about *"Re: Trucker Question"*.

All media is slanted one way or the other. Here is a breakdown of "major" Canadian news media:

The Globe and Mail (centre-left) theglobeandmail.com National Post (centre-right except newswire articles) nationalpost.com CBC News (left) cbc.ca/news

Alternative Media:
    The Western Standrd (right) westernstandardonline.com The Epoch Times (yup, they do Canadian coverage as well) (right) theepochtimes.com/canada

Thanks Doug...will check a few of those out. Has the Canadian government promised to send any troops to help keep the peaces in Ukraine?

Regards,
    Brian Indy
    --- WinPoint 400.2
    * Origin: Let's Go Brandon! (1:229/426.31)
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Doug McComber on Tuesday, February 22, 2022 20:26:00

The Globe and Mail (centre-left) theglobeandmail.com
    National Post (centre-right except newswire articles) nationalpost.com
    CBC News (left) cbc.ca/news

Alternative Media:
    The Western Standrd (right) westernstandardonline.com
    The Epoch Times (yup, they do Canadian coverage as well) (right) theepochtimes.com/canada

It's interesting that the sources you've listed cover the left, centre-left, and right. The centre-right does not seem well-represented.

Any thoughts on why that might be?

Jeff.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Cold War Computing BBS (1:387/26)
  • From Al Thompson@1:229/426.27 to Brian Franklin on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 00:59:25
    on *21.02.22* at *18:26:53* You wrote in area *POLITICS*
    to *All* about *"Trucker Question"*.

Do any of you Canadians know if thew truckers in Ottawa are now
    dispersed?

We're seeing a video of a Canadian trying to walk to a coffree shop (Tim Horton I presume) and local cops smack him around, take his cell phone
    and won't let him get coffee. Not sure where this took place. What's a good site to check up on Canadian news, that's less slanted left or

I'm not sure there exists a news outlet that deals in just facts, or that isn't just a mouthpiece for one of the political parties, or for the intel services.

--- WinPoint 398.2
    * Origin: What's the Point (1:229/426.27)
  • From Brian Franklin@1:229/426.31 to Al Thompson on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 07:35:43
    //Hello Al,//

on *23.02.22* at *5:59:25* You wrote in area *POLITICS*
    to *Brian Franklin* about *"Trucker Question"*.

I'm not sure there exists a news outlet that deals in just facts, or that isn't just a mouthpiece for one of the political parties, or for the
    intel services.

Sad but true. Sad but true.

Regards,
    Brian Franklin
    --- WinPoint 400.2
    * Origin: Play me a song Curtis Lowe (1:229/426.31)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Brian Franklin on Tuesday, February 22, 2022 23:33:34
    and won't let him get coffee. Not sure where this took place. What'
    good site to check up on Canadian news, that's less slanted left or

What country are you from? Do they have that there?

I'm in the USA, do they have what where?

Unbiased news. I don't believe we have that here in the USA. They all have agendas. They all favor Democrats, and the ones who don't, like Fox News, they are still in on the hustle; Rupert Murdoch is a billionaire too. You can't expect that he has conservative views. He's able to provide the leftist movement a valuable platform for subtle brainwashing of conservatives. If they did it too abruptly, it would be too obvious, so they poison us with their BS in as subtle a way as possible.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: CompuBBS | Ashburn VA | cfbbs.scinet-ftn.org (1:275/99)
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 09:40:52
    On 22 Feb 2022, Aaron Thomas said the following...
    Unbiased news. I don't believe we have that here in the USA. They all
    have agendas. They all favor Democrats, and the ones who don't, like Fox News, they are still in on the hustle; Rupert Murdoch is a billionaire too. You can't expect that he has conservative views. He's able to
    provide the leftist movement a valuable platform for subtle brainwashing of conservatives. If they did it too abruptly, it would be too obvious,
    so they poison us with their BS in as subtle a way as possible.

Interesting way to cast off Fox when they're no longer conservative enough
    for you.

There are news outlets in the US that are fairly close to neutral. These organizations, such as the AP and Reuters, tend to focus more on reporting
    and less on journalism.

Jeff.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 16:24:00
    Unbiased news. I don't believe we have that here in the USA. They all have agendas. They all favor Democrats, and the ones who don't, like Fox News, they
    are still in on the hustle; Rupert Murdoch is a billionaire too. You can't expect that he has conservative views. He's able to provide the leftist movement a valuable platform for subtle brainwashing of conservatives. If they
    did it too abruptly, it would be too obvious, so they poison us with their BS in as subtle a way as possible.

The cable station that used to be WGN America (News Nation now, I think)
    claims to be unbiased. I watched some of their coverage during the December Tornado outbreak. It seems like it could be a good news source.

There is another sub-channel network calledy Newsy that also claims to be unbiased, but I have never watched it (we don't get it here) so I cannot
    say anything good/bad about them.

* SLMR 2.1a * Gotta run, the cat's caught in the printer.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 16:25:00
    There are news outlets in the US that are fairly close to neutral. These organizations, such as the AP and Reuters, tend to focus more on reporting and less on journalism.

I think you mean more on reporting and journalism and less on opinion and sensationalism.

IMHO, journalism <> opinionated sensationalism... at least, it did not used
    to. It used to mean dealing in facts.

* SLMR 2.1a * Socrates: "I drank WHAT?!"
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Aaron Thomas on Thursday, February 24, 2022 00:44:17
    Hello Aaron,

and won't let him get coffee. Not sure where this took place.
    What'
    good site to check up on Canadian news, that's less slanted
    left or

What country are you from? Do they have that there?

I'm in the USA, do they have what where?

Unbiased news. I don't believe we have that here in the USA.

Of course not. Every news story is slanted. By those who write
    the stories. All those stories based on facts. What are facts?
    There are no facts. There are only stories. Just stories ...

They all have agendas.

Every reporter/journalist has an agenda.
    But how many of those reporters/journalists have a hidden agenda?
    That is the real question that should be asked ...

--Lee

--
    Food for the Fun of It

--- MesNews/1.08.05.00-gb
    * Origin: news://eljaco.se:4119 (2:203/2)
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 17:59:41
    On 23 Feb 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    There are news outlets in the US that are fairly close to neutral. These organizations, such as the AP and Reuters, tend to focus more on reporti and less on journalism.

I think you mean more on reporting and journalism and less on opinion and sensationalism.

Reporting is a telling of the facts. "Just the facts, ma'am," as Joe Friday
    put it. Opinion and sensationalism have no place in reporting.

Journalism is reporting, with added analysis.

For example, if there was a mass shooting in Roswell, NM, the AP and Reuters would report that there was a shooting, the time of the shooting, the known number of victims at the time of the report, etc. They would not go into possible motivations of the shooting or a critique of US gun laws.

Journalists might add a history of Roswell or mass shootings in the US, as
    well as interviews with police officials, etc.

Opinion pieces would go into US gun laws or the possibility that the shooting was in fact an extraterrestrial attack.

IMHO, journalism <> opinionated sensationalism... at least, it did not used to. It used to mean dealing in facts.

It shouldn't. That's why Fox News, has separate "news" and "entertainment" divisions. They depend on conservatives not knowing the difference in order
    to blur that line as much as they can.

Jeff.

• From Doug McComber@1:105/420 to Brian Indy on Thursday, February 24, 2022 13:34:19
    Thanks Doug...will check a few of those out. Has the Canadian government promised to send any troops to help keep the peaces in Ukraine?

Nope. Millions of dollars in "loans" and some machineguns. I think some AA missiles too, not sure.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/24 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: 2o fOr beeRS bbS>>20ForBeers.com:1337 (1:105/420)