• Help sorting messages

From Nicola Mettimano@2:335/601 to g00r00 on Sunday, July 24, 2022 23:51:22
    Hello, i need help in sorting messanges inside an base; now i see from oldest to newest, so when i want to see/read news i have to scroll through dozens of pages...
    Is there a way to order from newest to oldest?
    Obviously I speak about mystic ;-) and a normal terminal like syncterm.
    Many theanks

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/24 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: REACT_BBS (2:335/601)
  • From Björn Wiberg@2:201/137 to Nicola Mettimano on Monday, July 25, 2022 14:20:55
    Hello Nicola!

On 24 Jul 2022, Nicola Mettimano said the following...

Hello, i need help in sorting messanges inside an base; now i see from oldest to newest, so when i want to see/read news i have to scroll
    through dozens of pages...

Pressing End should take you to the bottom. However, the "usual" way to read all new messages of interest would be to select the message bases to scan with (Z) in the message menu and then e.g. use (N) (A) to scan all new messages in all groups.

Also, it is good to know that as soon as you read a message in a message base, your last read pointer for that message base is updated so that it appears as if you have read *all* messages up to and including that message. So after reading a message, you will only see messages newer than that one in any subsequent (N) (A) scans.

This is also the reason why the personal new mail scans etc. have the /NOLR flag in their Data fields -- to stop any reading of personal messages from "destroying" the last read pointers, which would otherwise "hide" all other new messages that precede those personal messages.

Best regards
    Björn

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 2022/07/15 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Star Collision BBS, Uppsala, Sweden (2:201/137)