• Re: MPY question

From Todd Yatzook@1:142/799 to g00r00 on Friday, December 24, 2021 13:19:55
    On 06 Dec 2021, g00r00 said the following...

Not sure if the message I posted to you in Araknet got to you, but I wondering what changes between a46 and a47 would cause an MPY script suddenly hang up on someone using either a break or a true/false statement to break out of a loop to happen, and if you know, what I could do to remedy that. Thanks!

I think I missed some messages there or something. I probably accidentally did a "Catch up" on that base.

Can you give a small example that I can run to see this happening?

I was going to, and then on a lark decided to check the error.log. It's coming up as:

MYSTIC001 An error has occured: EAccessViolation Access Violation

No idea what that means, but I bet you do! =) This has only been happening since I upgraded to a47 a few weeks ago. I deleted the false paths for the two different Python versions in the config after upgrading (left blank after) and thought maybe that was it, then added the paths, was still hanging up on me.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/01 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: http://www.throwbackbbs.com -\- meriden, ct -\- (1:142/799)
  • From g00r00@1:129/215 to Todd Yatzook on Tuesday, January 04, 2022 10:37:28
    Can you give a small example that I can run to see this happening?

I was going to, and then on a lark decided to check the error.log. It's coming up as:

No idea what that means, but I bet you do! =) This has only been
    happening since I upgraded to a47 a few weeks ago. I deleted the false paths for the two different Python versions in the config after
    upgrading (left blank after) and thought maybe that was it, then added
    the paths, was still hanging up on me.

If you can it would help if you can give me an MPY script that causes the error?

... User Error: Replace user and hit any key to continue...

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: Sector 7 * Mystic WHQ (1:129/215)
  • From Todd Yatzook@1:142/799 to g00r00 on Tuesday, January 04, 2022 17:27:34
    On 04 Jan 2022, g00r00 said the following...

I was going to, and then on a lark decided to check the error.log. It coming up as:

If you can it would help if you can give me an MPY script that causes the error?

I can, but the only one that I can see doing it now is the DoorParty application script. I *think* figured out what's causing it, but I'm not 100%. It might be a call to an empty variable? Or not, could be anything.

I can give you the script, but it's at 2,400+ lines, and my first real attempt at a decent Python script. I notated where I figured I should, it's not spaghetti, but it's probably not that great, either. Just a fair warning! It also makes calls to a MySQL db that you won't have access to, and some modules you probably won't have either.

I'll send it to the gooroo email addy. Thanks, man!

• From g00r00@1:129/215 to Todd Yatzook on Wednesday, January 05, 2022 10:58:05
    I can give you the script, but it's at 2,400+ lines, and my first real attempt at a decent Python script. I notated where I figured I should, it's not spaghetti, but it's probably not that great, either. Just a

You can create a program that demos it if you want to, cut out all the other stuff and just create a script that fails. Either way I will try to take a look at it and get it fixed up!

... I don't have the time for a hobby. I have a computer.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: Sector 7 * Mystic WHQ (1:129/215)
  • From Todd Yatzook@1:142/799 to g00r00 on Wednesday, January 05, 2022 22:50:48
    On 05 Jan 2022, g00r00 said the following...

I can give you the script, but it's at 2,400+ lines, and my first rea attempt at a decent Python script. I notated where I figured I should it's not spaghetti, but it's probably not that great, either. Just a

You can create a program that demos it if you want to, cut out all the other stuff and just create a script that fails. Either way I will try
    to take a look at it and get it fixed up!

I appreciate the hell out of you, man, thank you. I actually tried making a version of the script that would run outside of Mystic for testing purposes at one point when I was stumped on why it was failing when I first created it, and I got super aggravated trying to cobble together something that didn't rely on Mystic variables and whatnot to get it going for testing, or even what to use. I'm still a newb programmer, but I do okay otherwise. =)