• Copy and Paste Question

From Richard Vonzel@1:282/1038 to All on Tuesday, January 04, 2022 14:59:44
    Hello everybody!

A lot of messages have a link to something or a file, and it's blue in Golded. Is there a way to copy that link and paste it into asay a browser?

Thanks,
    Richard

--- GoldED+/W64-MSVC 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: >>The File Cabinet BBS<< filecabi.casacam.net (1:282/1038)
  • From Michiel van der Vlist@2:280/5555 to Richard Vonzel on Tuesday, January 04, 2022 22:27:26
    Hello Richard,

On Tuesday January 04 2022 14:59, you wrote to All:

A lot of messages have a link to something or a file, and it's blue in Golded. Is there a way to copy that link and paste it into asay a
    browser?

Right mouse click.
    select "mark"
    mark with left mouse button pressed
    release left mouse button and click once
    The selected text is now in the scratch pad

Cheers, Michiel

--- GoldED+/W32-MSVC 1.1.5-b20170303
    * Origin: http://www.vlist.eu (2:280/5555)
  • From Kai Richter@2:240/77 to Richard Vonzel on Tuesday, January 04, 2022 22:53:40
    Hello Richard!

04 Jan 22, Richard Vonzel wrote to All:

Is there a way to copy that link and paste it into asay a browser?

Yes, there is. Which way depends on your operating system.

If i start golded on an cmd line window then i can click the icon in the upper left corner of the window. A menu opens and i can select another menu (below the line close) where i can select mark, copy, paste, all and others.

Regards

Kai

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.4.7
    * Origin: Monobox (2:240/77)
  • From Michiel van der Vlist@2:280/5555 to Richard Vonzel on Tuesday, January 04, 2022 22:35:21
    Hello Richard,

On Tuesday January 04 2022 14:59, you wrote to All:

A lot of messages have a link to something or a file, and it's blue in Golded. Is there a way to copy that link and paste it into asay a
    browser?

Right mouse click.
    select "mark"
    mark txt with left mouse button pressed
    release left mouse button and click once
    The selected text is now in the scratch pad

Cheers, Michiel

--- GoldED+/W32-MSVC 1.1.5-b20170303
    * Origin: http://www.vlist.eu (2:280/5555)
  • From mark lewis@1:3634/12.73 to Richard Vonzel on Wednesday, January 05, 2022 04:40:04
    On 2022 Jan 04 14:59:44, you wrote to All:

A lot of messages have a link to something or a file, and it's blue in Golded. Is there a way to copy that link and paste it into asay a browser?

that depends on your terminal... in mine, i just right click on the link and select "open in browser"... otherwise you should be able to just drag across it like normal to hilight it and then copy it to paste where ever you want...

)\/(ark

"The soul of a small kitten in the body of a mighty dragon. Look on my majesty, ye mighty, and despair! Or bring me catnip. Your choice. Oooh, a shiny thing!"
    ... You seem vaguely mammalian. Wanna go out with me.
    ---
    * Origin: (1:3634/12.73)
  • From Richard Vonzel@1:282/1038 to mark lewis on Friday, January 07, 2022 14:40:26
    Hello mark!

05 Jan 22 04:40, you wrote to me:

That doesn't work. If I highlight the test like normal, and other key I just and "copy" it with, it just removes the highlightes test.

On 2022 Jan 04 14:59:44, you wrote to All:

A lot of messages have a link to something or a file, and it's
    blue in Golded. Is there a way to copy that link and paste it
    into asay a browser?

that depends on your terminal... in mine, i just right click on the
    link and select "open in browser"... otherwise you should be able to
    just drag across it like normal to hilight it and then copy it to
    paste where ever you want...

)\/(ark

"The soul of a small kitten in the body of a mighty dragon. Look on my majesty, ye mighty, and despair! Or bring me catnip. Your choice.
    Oooh, a shiny thing!"
    ... You seem vaguely mammalian. Wanna go out with me.

Richard

--- GoldED+/W64-MSVC 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: >>The File Cabinet BBS<< filecabi.casacam.net (1:282/1038)
  • From Kai Richter@2:240/77 to Richard Vonzel on Saturday, January 08, 2022 00:10:20
    Hello Richard!

07 Jan 22, Richard Vonzel wrote to mark lewis:

That doesn't work. If I highlight the test like normal, and other key
    I just and "copy" it with, it just removes the highlightes test.

Workaround: press w and write the msg into a file. Then use your favorite editor for the copy/paste action.

Regards

Kai

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.4.7
    * Origin: Monobox (2:240/77)
  • From mark lewis@1:3634/12.73 to Richard Vonzel on Saturday, January 08, 2022 04:38:14
    On 2022 Jan 07 14:40:26, you wrote to me:

That doesn't work. If I highlight the test like normal, and other key I just and "copy" it with, it just removes the highlightes test.

this also depends on your terminal... in my linux konsole (as opposed to using xterm, for example), i hilight via normal mouse click and drag... then i use CTRL-SHIFT-C to copy from the terminal window to the clipboard... by the same token, CTRL-SHIFT-V is used to paste in konsole terminals... in the GUI areas, it is standard CTRL-C and CTRL-V...

i don't recall what OS you are using but i seem to recall that on windows, you had to right click and then select copy or paste... or maybe it was using the menu bar at the top of the window? that memory is from Vista days and was last actively used a decade+ ago, i guess... i might be willing to bet that uncle google knows the answer, though...

)\/(ark

"The soul of a small kitten in the body of a mighty dragon. Look on my majesty, ye mighty, and despair! Or bring me catnip. Your choice. Oooh, a shiny thing!"
    ... Even the smallest candle burns bright in the darkness.
    ---
    * Origin: (1:3634/12.73)
  • From Stas Mishchenkov@2:460/5858 to Richard Vonzel on Saturday, January 08, 2022 14:30:58
    Hi, Richard!

04 ﭢ 22 14:59, Richard Vonzel -> All:

browser?

-+- GodEd.cfg -----
    URLHANDLER -NoPause -NoKeepCtrl -Wipe start "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" @url
    -+- GodEd.cfg -----
    (on a one string)

-+- Goldkeys.cfg ---
    #F7 READPeekURLs
    -+- Goldkeys.cfg ---

Then press Sift+F7.

Have nice nights.
    Stas Mishchenkov.

--- ùѼ ¼Ñ¡∞ΦÑ τѽ«óѬ º¡áÑΓ, ΓѼ «σ«Γ¡Ñ⌐ ñѽ¿Γß∩ º¡á¡¿∩¼¿.
    * Origin: Lame Users Breeding. Simferopol, Crimea. (2:460/5858)
  • From Paul Hayton@3:770/100 to mark lewis on Sunday, January 09, 2022 16:57:07
    On 08 Jan 2022 at 04:38a, mark lewis pondered and said...

this also depends on your terminal... in my linux konsole (as opposed to using xterm, for example), i hilight via normal mouse click and drag... then i use CTRL-SHIFT-C to copy from the terminal window to the clipboard... by the same token, CTRL-SHIFT-V is used to paste in konsole terminals... in the GUI areas, it is standard CTRL-C and CTRL-V...

I'm using Debian and remote into it via x11 vnc, then open a terminal (gnome terminal)... I'm finding I can't seem to highlight text to be able to copy it by doing the normal mouse click and drag that I could do on a windows PC in a command prompt box.

If anyone can suggest what step(s) I may be missing, I'm all ears :)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/11/06 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (3:770/100)
  • From mark lewis@1:3634/12 to Paul Hayton on Sunday, January 09, 2022 01:37:32
    Re: Re: Copy and Paste Question
    By: Paul Hayton to mark lewis on Sun Jan 09 2022 16:57:07

I'm using Debian and remote into it via x11 vnc, then
    open a terminal (gnome terminal)... I'm finding I can't
    seem to highlight text to be able to copy it by doing
    the normal mouse click and drag that I could do on a
    windows PC in a command prompt box.

maybe this link will help?

https://superuser.com/questions/1619401/copy-paste-stops-working-in-gnome-terminal-over-vnc-session

shortened: https://tinyurl.com/2p94prkj

the above link was found with:

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+copy+text+in+gnome+terminal+over+vnc

shortened: https://tinyurl.com/tp72eynn

)\/(ark
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: SouthEast Star Mail HUB - SESTAR (1:3634/12)
  • From Carlos Navarro@2:341/234 to Stas Mishchenkov on Wednesday, January 12, 2022 21:48:23
    08 Jan 2022 14:30, you wrote to Richard Vonzel:

A lot of messages have a link to something or a file, and it's
    blue in Golded. Is there a way to copy that link and paste it
    into asay a browser?

-+- GodEd.cfg -----
    URLHANDLER -NoPause -NoKeepCtrl -Wipe start "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" @url -+- GodEd.cfg
    ----- (on a one string)

-+- Goldkeys.cfg ---
    #F7 READPeekURLs
    -+- Goldkeys.cfg ---

Then press Sift+F7.

Great tip, thank you!

Carlos

--- GoldED+/W32-MSVC 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: Costa Blanca, Spain (2:341/234)