• Shutting Down, but want to leave code for someone to use

From Scott Street@1:266/420 to All on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 14:30:00
    Hello All,

I find myself just far to busy to complete a project I started a number of years ago.

I also find the need to shutdown my Fidonet operations; as limited as they are. I just don't have the time to manage all the moving parts, and I'm getting away from desktop systems in favor or portable ones.

So, to all developers for Fido. I would like to leave you with my unfinished source for a PHP based Fidonet messaging site. The class for reading JAM message bases works, haven't ever had the chance to code the post section.

Please see https://github.com/sstreet98/phpbbs.git for all the source. I was targeting a LAMP system to run the operation with this code and the help of Husky Fido and binkd.

Thank you, sorry for the bending of topic; though I figure this might be the conference to find the developer who can use the code.

Good Luck,
    Scott

---
    * Origin: -={ The Digital Post }=- (1:266/420)
  • From Tristan Greaves@2:250/11 to Scott Street on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 22:07:31
    Re: Shutting Down, but want to leave code for someone to use
    By: Scott Street to All on Wed Feb 23 2022 02:30 pm

So, to all developers for Fido. I would like to leave you with my unfinished source for a PHP based Fidonet messaging site.
    The class for reading JAM message bases works, haven't ever had the chance to code the post section.

Please see https://github.com/sstreet98/phpbbs.git for all the source. I was targeting a LAMP system to run the operation with
    this code and the help of Husky Fido and binkd.

Firstly, all the best for the future!

Thanks for sharing this code. I've starred it to take a proper look at some point.

Can I suggest you also attach an appropriate Open Source licence to the repository, if you feel so inclined?

All the best,

Tristan.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: Extricate BBS - bbs.extricate.org (2:250/11)
  • From Scott Street@1:266/420 to Tristan Greaves on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 20:24:48
    23 Feb 22 22:07, you wrote to me:

Can I suggest you also attach an appropriate Open Source licence to
    the repository, if you feel so inclined?

Tristan, thats for the suggestion, and I've tagged it with GNU GPL v2. That seemed the most open while keeping my credit for the original code.

I hope you do find it useful.

---
    * Origin: -={ The Digital Post }=- (1:266/420)