• Ukraine

From Sean Dennis@1:18/200 to All on Friday, March 11, 2022 18:01:41
    Hello All,

Discussion about Ukraine and Russia is on-topic here as long as the conversation doesn't deteriorate into name calling and ad hominem attacks.

I'd say with Ukrainian and Russian sysops fearing for themselves, discussion like that involves Fidonet and therefore is on-topic.

I am not going to go crazy about off-topic chat as long as it has a Fidonet thread especially if it involves getting out the latest to people who need to know.

-- Sean

... "I am not young enough to know everything." - J.M. Barrie
    --- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: Outpost BBS * Home of the FidoGazette! (1:18/200)
  • From Nick Andre@1:229/426 to Sean Dennis on Friday, March 11, 2022 18:06:28
    On 11 Mar 22 18:01:41, Sean Dennis said the following to All:

Discussion about Ukraine and Russia is on-topic here as long as the conversation doesn't deteriorate into name calling and ad hominem attacks.

You mean you're not going to spend your entire time relentlessly trash-talking another country like the editor of the other 'zine does?

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
    * Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)
  • From Shaun Buzza@1:229/110 to Sean Dennis on Friday, March 11, 2022 19:36:29
    Discussion about Ukraine and Russia is on-topic here as long as the conversation doesn't deteriorate into name calling and ad hominem
    attacks.

I am not going to go crazy about off-topic chat as long as it has a Fidonet thread especially if it involves getting out the latest to
    people who need to know.

Good to know, thanks. I was a little worried that I was straying into a grey area, there.

McDoob
    SysOp, PiBBS
    pibbs.sytes.net

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: PiBBS (1:229/110)