• elist status update

From Vincent Coen@2:250/1 to All on Tuesday, April 05, 2022 16:41:24
    * Originally in ELIST
    * Crossposted in ECHOLIST

Hello All!

The testing for elist programs has been completed so apart from some possible cosmetic snags appearing it ready to run normally.

I will be updating the help files accordingly and posting a updated version which will include details of the new BACKBONE services, here over the next day
    or so.

Thanks to every one for your understanding with the excess of postings over the
    last day or few.

There might be a need for the odd one or two if any bugs are noticed or reported to me here.

In a nut shell the changes allows the content of the BACKBONE.NA files are migrated to the elist database of echo areas where there is no existing entry for the same echo.

All echo's that expire for any reason will be transferred to the Backbone lists. This does not apply to a moderator submitting a MOD-DEL submission for processing as that will result in a deletion as will any submission by the elistmaintainer.

This will occur for any echo found with no traffic flow or only posts that have Rules, adverts, Ack or Nak's (anyone in?, is it still connected? etc) posts over the last 12 months.

To this end will any one who according to their own bbs shows such non traffic advise in the echo area and I will remove it subject to confirmation from my system and that of the primary star systems (just as a check it is not caused by a broken feed).

Such a deletion should be reported by the system and the start of the next month will have such echos removed from the BACKBONE.NA and BACKBONE.RPT files.

Should point out that the best file to act as the primary resource of available
    echos is now the BACKBONE.NA file.

These will be also sent out monthly.

Vincent

--- Mageia Linux v8 X64/Mbse v1.0.8/GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: The Elist Maintainer (2:250/1)