• Latest From California

From George Pope@1:153/757 to Thumper on Sunday, January 09, 2022 15:42:30
    California Governor Gavin Newsom announced on Friday that the Golden State would be the first state in America to require COVID-19 vaccinations for K-12 students.
    Newsom announced the vaccine mandate while speaking at a San Francisco-area school, saying all eligible students will be required to be vaccinated before attending class.
    The current plan would require students older than 12-years-old to receive the
    coronavirus vaccine in order to be able to attend class. This step would add the COVID-19 vaccine to the required list of childhood vaccinations required to
    attend school.

If you're gong to have mandfatory vaccines for schoolkids already, this one seesms a good onero t add to the list.

As a parent of a 13yo, in an area with nothing mandatory to protect schookids(not even vax or masks for teachers when in proximity to the students), i approve this kind of measure. I'm not in Cali, so this exact instance isn't relevant to me.

If this one infringes on rights then why not ban all mandatory vaccines, except for Jehovah's Witnesses, as usual. I say ban the unvaxed JWs, too; your religious freedom does not allow you to put my kids at risk. Start your own school for your own kids & stay away from mine!

Not sure how this announcement counts as a conspiracy, but I've read the ru7les here so *shrug*

The vaccine requirement would be enforced after the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) gives the approval for different age groups to receive the
    shot while allowing religious and medical exemptions.

Why the exemptions for the JWs? Endow them with a per capita portion of school taxes to build & maintain their own private school that operates by their rules.

I understand government concessions to the Roman Catholic Church, who owns most of them & most of the bureaucracy, but why the JWs?

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)