• AT&T 3B2

From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to All on Saturday, August 13, 2022 13:12:39
    Hey all,

During my Army days, our project computer was an AT&T 3B2G, with the "G" presumably standing for "government version." I'm not sure what all that "G" entailed, though.

But I do have a 3B2 emulation running AT&T Unix System V ca. 1986 (for educational purposes, of course) at 34.136.101.135:3000. Sometimes it doesn't present a login prompt; opening a second session to the same address usually kicks it into gear, though (for both sessions; you can just close one if it's not needed). For nostalgia reasons, all of the ports are set to 1200 baud. ;) Despite the slow terminal rate, it's a fairly snappy machine for what it is. The C compiler (cc) is positively ancient and only accepts K&R-style function definitions, and vi is the installed editor.

The login "guest" (no password) is set up to request name, email address, and desired username for the purposes of (manually) creating an account. You can also send me a NetMail; that would probably get my attention sooner and
    there's no need to send me your email address because NetMail will suffice.

This emulation is not running on my home network; it's "in the cloud." If it breaks, it breaks. If there's data loss, there's data loss. It could go
    down at any time. It's just up there for fun.

Jeff.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Cold War Computing BBS (1:387/26)