• Issue

From IB Joe@1:396/4 to All on Tuesday, June 14, 2022 14:11:35

I think there is a small issue you might want to review for the next release...

Message areas are auto created in the \mystic\msgs\ directory. If I want to move the message files to a subdirectory like all the fido to \mystic\msgs\fido\ or \mystic\msgs\usenet\ ... Here is goes... if I move / target the message ares one at a time it'll move the files over ... If I try to
    move several over at a time with the Global command menu.... It seems to leave some files behind in the \mystic\msgs\ directory and they appear to be links to
    the files that were moved.

It only does this when I try to bulk move the areas to a new subdirectory

:)

IB Joe
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of Joe's BBS
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

.... Shortcut: longest distance between two points

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2
    * Origin: News Gate @ Net396 -Huntsville, AL - USA (1:396/4)
  • From g00r00@1:396/4 to All on Tuesday, June 14, 2022 18:02:12

I think there is a small issue you might want to review for the next release...

Message areas are auto created in the \mystic\msgs\ directory. If I
    want to move the message files to a subdirectory like all the fido to \mystic\msgs\fido\ or \mystic\msgs\usenet\ ... Here is goes... if I move
    / target the message ares one at a time it'll move the files over ... If
    I try to move several over at a time with the Global command menu.... It seems to leave some files behind in the \mystic\msgs\ directory and they appear to be links to the files that were moved.

A couple of notes here because I think a lot of this might just be confusion on
    how things work:

If you are seeing .lnk files those are not any type of links to files, those are part of the message base itself. Mystic message bases each have 7 data files with the following extensions: lnk, scn, xlr, jhr, jlr, jdt, and jdx. If
    you remove any of those you could cause some problems down the line.

When using the global editor it does not rename or move files for you, you are only updating the path. If you want to try to relocate your files into those directories you have to manually copy them and then use the global editor to update the path. It will only update that value not move files.

The reason the auto create in the import doesn't allow you to set the path for each network is because I have been over the years trying to get people to stop
    moving the message base data files all over the place because it makes it harder to do upgrades or to change the root Mystic install directory, or move between Windows and Linux (for examples). This is something I could add though
    but I haven't because my goal was to remove the configurable message path per message base.

.... I'm not a complete idiot... Several parts are missing!

• From IB Joe@1:396/4 to All on Saturday, July 09, 2022 15:09:56

I went back a few messages and found out that you had added the feature I've been bugging the piss out of you to add...

I read the message and and paid more attention to the semantics ... and then said Oooooooooooh to myself and made the appropriate changes...

So far so good with the auto-generation of Message Base names using Hex ...

Ummmm, an issue has cropped up... The Menu option (MZ) Toggle new scan base is not working correctly.

I can Add All or Remove All.... but I cannot toggle individual areas on or off...
    What has changed?? I have the recent 07-07-22 build and I have a larger message base now... hovers around 900++ message bases. More will be auto added
    at some point.

That's the best I can do...

Thanx

IB Joe
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of Joe's BBS
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

.... Press any key to continue or any other key to quit...

• From g00r00@1:396/4 to All on Monday, July 11, 2022 17:25:58

I'll look in to either one... I was hoping for my work around... g00r00 fixes the bug...

Should hopefully be fixed now!

.... Everyone is entitled to my opinion!

• From IB Joe@1:396/4 to All on Monday, July 11, 2022 17:19:08

On 11 Jul 2022, g00r00 said the following...

I'll look in to either one... I was hoping for my work around... g00r fixes the bug...

Should hopefully be fixed now!

Tried it and it works fine...

Thanx

IB Joe
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of Joe's BBS
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

.... DOS=HIGH? I knew it was on something...

• From IB Joe@1:396/4 to All on Friday, October 20, 2023 19:44:02

I have double checked, and re-cheched my setup. I have an issue... When I am on the BBS posting an ANSI file manually to a message it posts perfectly like it should...

BUT... When I try to post the same file with mutil in an auto post it gets screwed up... It looks like Mystic is auto wrapping the lines that exceed the 80 columns...
    I thought I was able to do it before... I see others doing it... WHY!!! can't I
    do it... my next 2 messages will show you my problem

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

.... There is an exception to every rule, except this one.

• From Nicholas Boel@1:396/4 to All on Friday, October 20, 2023 23:58:43
    From: nospam.Nicholas.Boel@f1.n770.z4478.fidonet.org (Nicholas Boel)

Re: Issue
    By: IB Joe to All on Fri Oct 20 2023 12:44 pm

I have double checked, and re-cheched my setup. I have an issue... When I am on the BBS posting an ANSI file manually to a message it posts perfectly like it should...

BUT... When I try to post the same file with mutil in an auto post it gets screwed up... It looks like Mystic is auto wrapping the lines that exceed the 80 columns... I thought I was able to do it before... I see others doing it... WHY!!! can't I do it... my next 2 messages will show you my problem

It looks like when you post via mutil it's not adding "[ANSI]" to the subject line, so maybe mystic is either not detecting that it's an ANSI or
    it's processing it differently than when you upload it via the BBS.

After actually looking at mutil.ini, it seems the stanza is called "[PostTextFiles]" and mentions nothing about ANSI. Also, whatsnew.txt doesn't mention anything regarding this stanza and posting ANSI files either. It may be possible it doesn't support doing that just yet, or was never intended to?

Maybe others that actually use that stanza can chime in on this, though, as I see a lot of ANSI posts from other Mystic systems.

Regards,
    Nick

Regards,
    Nick

.... All things are possible. Except skiing through a revolving door.
  • From IB Joe@1:396/4 to All on Friday, October 20, 2023 23:15:59

On 20 Oct 2023, Nicholas Boel said the following...

Maybe others that actually use that stanza can chime in on this, though, as I see a lot of ANSI posts from other Mystic systems.

Regards,
    Nick

I thought there was a time in my life I could do it...

Anyway, I think g00r00 did something at some recent point during an upgrade. I
    hope he finds the time and pokes his nose back in to see what's up!!!

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

.... Unzip... expand... What kind of pervert came up with this?

• From Al@1:396/4 to All on Saturday, October 21, 2023 00:35:30

I haven't tried to post an ansi with mutil for a long time.

If I remember right mutil only posts the first 79 or 80 columbs of text and anything longer than that would simply be discarded. I found that to be the case with any text or ansi file. I always made sure that text was preformatted to fit in that before posting with mutil.

It's been a very long time since I used mutil, I don't know if that is still the case today or not.

• From Nicholas Boel@1:396/4 to All on Saturday, October 21, 2023 14:21:15
    From: nospam.Nicholas.Boel@f1.n770.z4482.fidonet.org (Nicholas Boel)

By: Al to Nicholas Boel on Fri Oct 20 2023 05:35 pm

If I remember right mutil only posts the first 79 or 80 columbs of text and anything longer than that would simply be discarded. I found that to be the case with any text or ansi file. I always made sure that text was preformatted to fit in that before posting with mutil.

That may be exactly what he's encountering. It's taking into consideration all the ansi codes and chopping it off at 79 characters. Otherwise, the ansi is displaying fine.

Regards,
    Nick

.... If it was a bet, you wouldn't take it.
  • From IB Joe@1:396/4 to All on Friday, October 20, 2023 20:44:02

BUT... When I try to post the same file with mutil in an auto post it gets screwed up... It looks like Mystic is auto wrapping the lines that exceed the 80 columns...
    I thought I was able to do it before... I see others doing it... WHY!!! can't I
    do it... my next 2 messages will show you my problem

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

.... There is an exception to every rule, except this one.

• From Nicholas Boel@1:396/4 to All on Saturday, October 21, 2023 00:58:43
    From: nospam.Nicholas.Boel@f1.n770.z4478.fidonet.org (Nicholas Boel)

By: IB Joe to All on Fri Oct 20 2023 12:44 pm

BUT... When I try to post the same file with mutil in an auto post it gets screwed up... It looks like Mystic is auto wrapping the lines that exceed the 80 columns... I thought I was able to do it before... I see others doing it... WHY!!! can't I do it... my next 2 messages will show you my problem

It looks like when you post via mutil it's not adding "[ANSI]" to the subject line, so maybe mystic is either not detecting that it's an ANSI or
    it's processing it differently than when you upload it via the BBS.

After actually looking at mutil.ini, it seems the stanza is called "[PostTextFiles]" and mentions nothing about ANSI. Also, whatsnew.txt doesn't mention anything regarding this stanza and posting ANSI files either. It may be possible it doesn't support doing that just yet, or was never intended to?

Regards,
    Nick

Regards,
    Nick

.... All things are possible. Except skiing through a revolving door.
  • From IB Joe@1:396/4 to All on Saturday, October 21, 2023 00:15:59

Regards,
    Nick

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

• From Al@1:396/4 to All on Saturday, October 21, 2023 01:35:30

It's been a very long time since I used mutil, I don't know if that is still the case today or not.

• From Nicholas Boel@1:396/4 to All on Saturday, October 21, 2023 15:21:15

That may be exactly what he's encountering. It's taking into consideration all the ansi codes and chopping it off at 79 characters. Otherwise, the ansi is displaying fine.

Regards,
    Nick

• From IB Joe@1:396/4 to All on Saturday, October 21, 2023 00:15:59

Regards,
    Nick

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

• From Al@1:396/4 to All on Saturday, October 21, 2023 01:35:30

• From Nicholas Boel@1:396/4 to All on Saturday, October 21, 2023 15:21:15

Regards,
    Nick