• mutil and message pointers

From Alexander Grotewohl@1:396/4 to All on Monday, May 30, 2022 02:57:09
    From: nospam.Alexander.Grotewohl@f616.n120.z1.fidonet.org (Alexander Grotewohl)

hello,

it would seem mutil in it's PackMessageBases step is destroying user message pointers. seems to do it rather arbitrarily.

perhaps i have a mismatch somewhere, because the default message target is 'UNUSED' instead of 'All' ..

any ideas?

Alex

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2
    * Origin: News Gate @ Net396 -Huntsville, AL - USA (1:396/4)
  • From Alexander Grotewohl@1:396/4 to All on Tuesday, May 31, 2022 18:49:31

perhaps i have a mismatch somewhere, because the default message target
    is 'UNUSED' instead of 'All' ..

yeah.. definitely seems like something is weird because all my templates (ansimlst > 25 rows, the ini files for the group lists > 25 rows, etc) have a weird offset instead of direct X,Y.

in ansimlst's case, i can get max ~17 lines between !1 and !2 before it starts scrolling the title ansi off the screen (seemingly enforcing a strange gap between !2 and the footer of the ansi)

not incredibly worried because most people use 25 rows but having more is awesome for reading ;)

.... What does it mean to pre-board? Do you get on before you get on?

• From Alexander Grotewohl@1:396/4 to All on Tuesday, June 07, 2022 19:08:18

On 31 May 2022, Alexander Grotewohl said the following...

in ansimlst's case, i can get max ~17 lines between !1 and !2 before it starts scrolling the title ansi off the screen (seemingly enforcing a strange gap between !2 and the footer of the ansi)

any suggestions for this? it would seem reverting to A47 fixed the problem
    with mutil destroying user message pointers but i'm still having problems with the template system ignoring the distance between the !1 and !2 settings
    on display. x/y coords for subject/to/etc for templates other than 25lines also
    no longer work correctly

Alex

.... Operator, give me the number for 911

• From g00r00@1:396/4 to All on Tuesday, June 07, 2022 19:45:31

in ansimlst's case, i can get max ~17 lines between !1 and !2 before starts scrolling the title ansi off the screen (seemingly enforcing a strange gap between !2 and the footer of the ansi)

problems with the template system ignoring the distance between the !1
    and !2 settings on display. x/y coords for subject/to/etc for templates other than 25lines also no longer work correctly

Are you sure you understand how to edit those types of templates? That old style of template from the 1990s is annoying to edit because you can't just put
    !1 and !2 wherever you want when editing. You have to edit the ANS file after you save it and place the codes at the end using location codes to locate them (or add them last using animated mode in TheDraw).

I have an ansimlst_c132x36.ans on my BBS that is working fine for me. If you have a specific reproducable issue I can take a look at it if you want to. You
    can e-mail me the ANS file to mysticbbs on gmail and I'll look into it next time I try to get caught up on emails.

.... I'm not a complete idiot... Several parts are missing!