• Nodelist Location

From Warp 4@1:396/4 to All on Sunday, April 24, 2022 18:03:37

Good afternoon all. I was wondering where FTN style nodelists should go within
    Mystic directory and how Mystic uses them (ie do they need to be compiled, etc)?

.... Users come in two types: Those who have lost data, and those who will.

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2
    * Origin: News Gate @ Net396 -Huntsville, AL - USA (1:396/4)
  • From Al@1:396/4 to All on Sunday, April 24, 2022 18:12:06

Good afternoon all. I was wondering where FTN style nodelists should go withi
    Mystic directory and how Mystic uses them (ie do they need to be compiled, etc)?

They can be wherever you want them, just change the "nodefile" option in the "MergeNodelists" section of you mutil.ini then enable that option in the "general" section of your mutil.ini and run mutil.

It compiles your nodelist(s) in your data directory and is used for the browse nodelist option on the BBS and also for the force NL match in your netmail areas if you enable it.

• From Jay Harris@1:396/4 to All on Sunday, April 24, 2022 22:33:11
    From: nospam.Jay.Harris@f664.n229.z1.fidonet.org (Jay Harris)

On 24 Apr 2022, Warp 4 said the following...

Good afternoon all. I was wondering where FTN style nodelists should go within Mystic directory and how Mystic uses them (ie do they need to be compiled, etc)?

I have mystic compile my nodelists once a week on Friday. I have my nodelist.ini file check the file echo directly for the respective nodelist if one is available or keep a copy of the current nodelist for networks that don't
    regularity publish them.

[-- begin nodelist.ini --]
    [General]
    MergeNodeLists = true

logfile = mutil.log
    logcache = true
    loglevel = 2
    logtype = 1
    maxlogfiles = 3
    maxlogsize = 1000

[MergeNodeLists]
    strip_down = true
    strip_private = false

nodefile=/home/pi/mystic/files/fdn_FSX_NODE/FSXNET
    nodefile=/home/pi/mystic/files/fdn_NODELIST/NODELIST
    nodefile=/home/pi/mystic/files/fdn_SCINODE/scinet
    nodefile=/home/pi/mystic/micronet
    nodefile=/home/pi/mystic/files/fdn_rtn_nodelist/retronet
    nodefile=/home/pi/mystic/HOBBYNET
    nodefile=/home/pi/mystic/sfnode
    nodefile=/home/pi/mystic/files/fdn_TQW_NODE/tqwnet
    [-- end nodelist.ini --]

I then have an event set to run each Friday evening to execute:

../mutil nodelist.ini

Jay

.... There is more to life than increasing its speed.

• From Warp 4@1:396/4 to All on Sunday, April 24, 2022 22:37:03

On 24 Apr 2022, Al said the following...

Good afternoon all. I was wondering where FTN style nodelists should go
    Mystic directory and how Mystic uses them (ie do they need to be compile etc)?

They can be wherever you want them, just change the "nodefile" option in the "MergeNodelists" section of you mutil.ini then enable that option in the "general" section of your mutil.ini and run mutil.

Ah ok. Thanks for that bit of information :) I am on multiple networks and need to get their nodelists put in place on my Mystic system :)

.... Oxymoron: Race walking

• From g00r00@1:396/4 to All on Monday, April 25, 2022 18:34:47

Good afternoon all. I was wondering where FTN style nodelists should go within Mystic directory and how Mystic uses them (ie do they need to be compiled, etc)?

Mystic does not require compiled nodelists, it parses the raw nodelist without compilation.

The raw combined nodelists are stored in the DATA directory as nodelist.txt.

Mystic's MUTIL can be configured to point to various directories where you have
    nodelists stored and calculate the latest nodelist for each networt and combine
    + copy them into nodelist.txt in your data folder. You could also do this manually by simply copy a full FidoNet nodelist as nodelist.txt in your DATA directory (if you only have Fido, or using copy file+file if you have more).

Nodelists are used in a few ways. There is a nodelist brower where you can query the data in the nodelists to search for BBS names, systems, addresses, and do things like list all systems in a zone, net or node.

You can optionally force Netmail messages to require the address the user sends
    to is found in the nodelist data.

And then also the MIS client/server can use the nodelist to send mail or poll mail directly from addresses that are not configured in your echomail nodes.

.... No one knows what's next, but everybody does it.