• Netmail

From IB Joe@1:396/4 to All on Thursday, March 03, 2022 18:54:31

I have been playing a little with the BBS setup. I have decided to try and get
    my netmail up and running.

I have the route statement setup to send my NC my netmait... my routing setup for my NC says 1:* 2:*... and so on.... From what I know is this... If there is
    a netmail for Zones 1 & 2 they'll get routed my NC.

I think I understand that I can prioritize things... If there are systems hooked up to me I can direct their netmail to them directly as long as I put them before my NC so as it is dealt with before the global routing command kicks in...

I have posted several netmails and nothing seems to leave my system. Netmail says sent but nothing seems to be sent out..

Ooooooh... I run "mis poll route" after leaving messages

Thanx

IB Joe
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of Joe's BBS
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

.... Reward for a job well done: More work

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2
    * Origin: News Gate @ Net396 -Huntsville, AL - USA (1:396/4)
  • From g00r00@1:396/4 to All on Thursday, March 03, 2022 22:23:23

I think I understand that I can prioritize things... If there are systems hooked up to me I can direct their netmail to them directly as long as I put them before my NC so as it is dealt with before the global routing command kicks in...

What you mentioned sounds right. If you want zone 1 and 2 to go to a certain node then you would set your route to 1:* and 2:* as you have done.

With the latest A48 though most people won't need to set any values for the route because Mystic does all the routing automatically. Setting up echomail in the latest A48 is as simple as this:

1. Get details from your network hub and create their entry in Echomail Nodes 2. Enter your network address into Network addresses
    3. Enable all the events prefixed with [FTN] in the event editor.

Mystic does everything else for you automatically, no other setup required it will auto create the bases, send/receive mail as needed, etc! :)

You can optionally add a "step 4" which would be to go into your Server settings and enable the "BINKP Server" so that you have a mailer running full time too.

Ooooooh... I run "mis poll route" after leaving messages

"mis poll route" isn't something you would want to run automatically, just in case that is what you are doing. There are some tossers I think that use some sort of "route" command but that is not what this is.

This is just for testing your routing setup. You can type "mis poll route <address>" and Mystic will print out were it will send netmails that are addressed to <address>. For example:

C:\mystic>mis poll route 1:1/1

Netmail addressed to 1:1/1 would route to 1:154/10 (FidoNet HUB: Pharcyde)

.... Kids: They're not sleeping, they're recharging!

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2
    * Origin: News Gate @ Net396 -Huntsville, AL - USA (1:396/4)